logo
Old 10-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Find More Posts by rcbobp
Have Fun And Fly
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Apr 2008
4,368 Posts
I don't understand. I copied it from the SD card to my computer, then ran it through the 360 view metadata tool. So it does work, just needs to be centered when you start the video playback.

I also downloaded it from the camera to my phone and it worked. I could have uploaded it right to Youtube from there once I got to a WiFi spot, but wanted to add the music and Title to it first. Not sure how to do that on my phone. Is there an Android App you could recommend?

Any chance we could speak on the phone and you can walk me through the step by step process? Thanks. Learning tech doesn't come as easy to me as it once did.
rcbobp is offline Find More Posts by rcbobp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by basimpsn
United States, MD, Columbia
Joined May 2009
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbobp View Post
I don't understand. I copied it from the SD card to my computer, then ran it through the 360 view metadata tool. So it does work, just needs to be centered when you start the video playback.

I also downloaded it from the camera to my phone and it worked. I could have uploaded it right to Youtube from there once I got to a WiFi spot, but wanted to add the music and Title to it first. Not sure how to do that on my phone. Is there an Android App you could recommend?

Any chance we could speak on the phone and you can walk me through the step by step process? Thanks. Learning tech doesn't come as easy to me as it once did.
If you don't have Adobe premiere or other editing software... Ok go to Samsung website and download a free Action director from the website. Open it up and edit your video or add music. But before using A/D editing tool... you have to access your footage in the 360 camera, Play your video then click on the bottom right "SAVE" Icon. Then locate the save footage on the sd card to be edited with action director.

Hope this helps

Gear360 Action Director Tutorial (9 min 27 sec)
basimpsn is offline Find More Posts by basimpsn
Last edited by basimpsn; 10-09-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:20 PM
Have Fun And Fly
Joined Apr 2008
4,368 Posts
Wow, what a process. I downloaded Action Director app, but couldn't get it running without an activation key. Had to go so Samsung online to get support to give me one. Took a half hour, but I got one then got the program running. Then I uploaded the saved video from my SD card to computer by tethering my Gear 360 to a USB port. Once uploaded, it looked like it starting stictching (don't know why it was already stitched on the camera). Took about 10 minutes for a 3 minute video. But then the video completely disappeared. Audio is still there, but no video.

Technology just is never as simple as I think it should be.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:24 AM
Joined May 2009
100 Posts
Quote:
Wow, what a process. I downloaded Action Director app, but couldn't get it running without an activation key. Had to go so Samsung online to get support to give me one. Took a half hour, but I got one then got the program running. Then I uploaded the saved video from my SD card to computer by tethering my Gear 360 to a USB port. Once uploaded, it looked like it starting stictching (don't know why it was already stitched on the camera). Took about 10 minutes for a 3 minute video. But then the video completely disappeared. Audio is still there, but no video.

Technology just is never as simple as I think it should be.
10 minutes that's too long man...Ok I will try to do a tutorial video
Old 10-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Have Fun And Fly
Joined Apr 2008
4,368 Posts
THANK YOU!! A step by step tutorial for us technologically impaired folks would be immensely helpful!
Old 10-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Have Fun And Fly
Joined Apr 2008
4,368 Posts
I think I got it! Was online with Samsung help, and they had me uninstall the Action Director app and reinstall a different version. I took a test video, uploaded to my computer, imported it to the Gear 360 Action Director app, and I added a title and music. Still took the app a long time to stitch (about a minute and a half for a 11 second video), but it's all working.

I'll try again with the raw onboard footage that I took the ver the weekend.

Thanks for your tips. Incredible how poor the instructions are on the manufacturers web sites!
Old 10-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Joined May 2009
100 Posts
Quote:
I think I got it! Was online with Samsung help, and they had me uninstall the Action Director app and reinstall a different version. I took a test video, uploaded to my computer, imported it to the Gear 360 Action Director app, and I added a title and music. Still took the app a long time to stitch (about a minute and a half for a 11 second video), but it's all working.

I'll try again with the raw onboard footage that I took the ver the weekend.

Thanks for your tips. Incredible how poor the instructions are on the manufacturers web sites!
Oh ok..cool I'm glad you got it working..can't wait to see your video.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Have Fun And Fly
Joined Apr 2008
4,368 Posts
Edited completely on my Samsung phone using the V360 app. Added a title and music. I think I'm becoming a regular George Lucas. (Note, Safari on you iOS device does not seem to play 360 videos. You have to use either Chrome, Firefox or the YouTube app itself.)

V360 Video of RC Flying (4 min 4 sec)
Last edited by rcbobp; 10-11-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Joined May 2009
100 Posts
Quote:
Edited completely on my Samsung phone using the V360 app. Added a title and music. I think I'm becoming a regular George Lucas. (Note, Safari on you iOS device does not seem to play 360 videos. You have to use either Chrome, Firefox or the YouTube app itself.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvmlXXSJBQA&t=31s
Good job man remember to wipe both lens clean before uses..this prevent different color contrast on play back. I can't wait to try my next 360 video out on this jet ... seeing the smoke from the back plus the 360 must be a cool shot
Old 10-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Have Fun And Fly
Joined Apr 2008
4,368 Posts
That should be awesome! The other lesson learned is to add a muffler extension!! My next mission will be on an electric Extreme Flight Edge, so no exhaust to worry about. Would like to have a cockpit's eye-view of IMAC Sportsman.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:24 AM
Joined May 2009
100 Posts
Quote:
That should be awesome! The other lesson learned is to add a muffler extension!! My next mission will be on an electric Extreme Flight Edge, so no exhaust to worry about. Would like to have a cockpit's eye-view of IMAC Sportsman.
There you go...the possibilities are endless...
Old 10-17-2017, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by lizzardman
United States, MD, Riva
Joined Apr 2010
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by basimpsn View Post
Neil at the control and a Samsung 360 camera...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFFUXKBwwzg
I heard there was a really, really cool guy there just before this video was shot. Always good times at the farm.
lizzardman is offline Find More Posts by lizzardman
Old 10-23-2017, 07:28 AM
Joined May 2009
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardman View Post
I heard there was a really, really cool guy there just before this video was shot. Always good times at the farm.
Really? this must be Nick lol...what's up David ...yes sir I really love hanging out at the farm great guys. I also love the farm for testing of my new toys lol. Last year was my Phantom3p
DJI Phantom 3P trolling west virgina (6 min 45 sec)
Old 10-08-2018, 04:25 AM
Have Fun And Fly
Joined Apr 2008
4,368 Posts
Here is a link to flying over our field just south of Baltimore.

V360Video Flying Over Southwest Area Park Baltimore, MD (5 min 55 sec)
Old 03-09-2019, 08:26 AM
Have Fun And Fly
Joined Apr 2008
4,368 Posts
Flying over the Seahawks field in Cape Coral, FL.

360 Video over Cape Coral Seahawks Field (5 min 47 sec)

Quick Reply