logo

FG Event Coverage - Mt. Valley Fly-In - Clintstone's Birthday Bash!

Flyinggiants.com sent Miss Ashley to Mt. Valley, GA to help celebrate the RC birthday party of Clint Akins!

Splash

Happy Birthday, Clint!

It's Clint Akins' annual birthday bash and I decided to invite myself! Down in Mt. Valley, Ga. , in the middle of a Pecan Tree Orchard, is Deputy Field, and some RC royalty were in attendance. I, of course, showed up in rain boots and a series of outer ware, with my charming wit as my only present. After being asked if I like butt, and yes I do (the crew was roasting pork butt!), I began snapping away.

Not ten minutes into the day, a heli goes in. I couldn't see who it was at first, but after showing up on the scene to record the damage, I say that it was one of Matt Botos' models and he was not the pilot at the time of impact. I caught a little bit of the guys busting on the pilot, all in good fun. After shaking off the damage, Matt was out there throwing it down, keeping me edging ever so slightly back from the flight line.

Greg and Jenni Alderman were present with Topaz in tow! Between Jenni, myself, and Amy Botos out there shooting, we made for a pretty awesome RC Charlie's Angels. Too bad there was no photo-op, next time! At lunch, I took a break from the field to visit the Museum of Aviation in neighboring Warner-Robbins. I highly recommend stopping by this place if you are ever in the area. It is right next to Warner-Robbins AFB and is filled with history and memorabilia.

After lunch I got some quick shots of Nick Maxwell showcasing his unwavering control and precision. I also noticed a full-scale airplane at the end of the runway. After a little investigating, and my own hunches, I discovered Mac Hodges had flown in from Americus. As he started up to leave, I grabbed my phone and got his take-off. Something told me to keep filming and Mac starts pulling hard left, and circles back around and gives us a real dirty buzz. He's pretty cool in my book!

Thanks to everyone out at Deputy FIeld and to Clint Akins for the hospitality and for whomever rescued my camera lens! Thank you to my framily, The Aldermans and everyone who came out! You guys rock!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; 01-20-2016 at 04:01 PM..
Old 01-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2006
1,444 Posts
Photos from Miss Ashley...
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old 01-20-2016, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by fixedwingonly
Watch This!
United States, ID, Meridian
Joined Nov 2009
410 Posts
Fun! I wish I lived closer to the east coast...
fixedwingonly is offline Find More Posts by fixedwingonly
Old 01-21-2016, 06:20 AM
Find More Posts by grizzz
addicted to flying
United States, GA, Kingsland
Joined Jan 2011
681 Posts
nice place looks like a lot of fun was had nice pics Ashley the grizzz
grizzz is offline Find More Posts by grizzz
Old 01-22-2016, 06:50 AM
Find More Posts by fmrsdtr
Jenni Alderman
Joined Mar 2013
21 Posts
So glad you were able to come, Ashley! I actually didn't take very many photos this time around--was just enjoying the warmer temperatures! And the photos of Topaz tearing up her birthday toy .... priceless! ;-)
fmrsdtr is offline Find More Posts by fmrsdtr