logo

Tiffin Fun Fly and Tail Dunk Challenge!

TORCM invites you to their Debut Event at beautiful Lynn Cole Memorial Field, in Tiffin Ohio.

Splash

Moisten Your Rudder at the Tail Dunk Challenge

This just in from TORCM! They're holding their first annual Tail Dunk Challenge on July 23rd and 24th. Here's what Safety Officer Ryan Upton told me about the event: Located in Republic, Ohio you will find one of the nicest, most scenic RC flying fields around. TORCM leases 65+ acres from Waste Management. In addition to the spacious 150’x600’ beautiful runway, you will see a large 11 acre pond often used for float planes. For the “Tiffin Fun Fly & Tail Dunk Challenge” fly-in TORCM has decided to utilize this pond as an outlet for the most adventurous 3D pilots to test their skills by dunking their tails in the water. Don’t worry if you are a more conservative pilot. All pilots are welcome to join in the fun regardless of skill level; from buddy box trainers to expert, from foamies to giant scale, jets and helicopters, everyone is welcome. Behind the parking area is another 6 acre pond with plenty of room for primitive camping that provides a better view than you would find at most campgrounds.

How to Find Us!

Facebook-Tiffin Ohio R/C Modelers or TORCM.blogspot.net Directions: 5320 East County Road 38, Republic, Ohio N 41° 9' 53.129” W 83° 3' 59.107”

From Tiffin: Take SR 101 northeast, turn east (right) on CR 38 (Church on Corner) go 1.7 miles. Our blue and white sign is on your right.

From Fremont: Take SR 19 south to SR 778 south and proceed to SR 101 intersection. Cross SR 101 and go onto CR 43, proceed to CR 38. Turn west (right) onto CR 38 go 0.8 Miles. Our blue and white sign is on your left.

From Clyde: Take SR 101 south to CR 43. Turn south (left) onto CR 43 and proceed to CR 38. Turn west (right) on CR 38 go 0.8 miles. Our blue and white sign is on your left.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; 07-07-2016 at 09:23 AM..
Old 07-08-2016, 12:52 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
9,459 Posts
I have got to get out to your field sometime. But first I have to convince my wife to visit here family in Tiffin sometime other than the dead of winter!!! She went to Calvert and we got married in Tiffin!!
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 07-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by rcflyguy
workin on rollers!!!
Findlay, OH
Joined Jan 2006
2,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I have got to get out to your field sometime. But first I have to convince my wife to visit here family in Tiffin sometime other than the dead of winter!!! She went to Calvert and we got married in Tiffin!!

Just come on out! I'd be great hanging out with you fora day... I might let ya twiddle the sticks on the 50% Pitts!!
rcflyguy is online now Find More Posts by rcflyguy
Old 07-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
9,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyguy View Post
Just come on out! I'd be great hanging out with you fora day... I might let ya twiddle the sticks on the 50% Pitts!!

Like I said, got to get the spousal unit to schedule a trip during flying season instead of skating season!!
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 07-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by mezonberg
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2016
192 Posts
It ain't dunked til the tail disappears!
mezonberg is offline Find More Posts by mezonberg
Old 07-14-2016, 10:20 AM
Find More Posts by godofthunder77
United States, OH, Vermilion
Joined Jul 2013
54 Posts
I'll Be there! Giant P-51 Mustang, F-15 Eagle, and 3D MXS-R!!!
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Old 07-22-2016, 07:54 PM
Find More Posts by rcflyguy
workin on rollers!!!
Findlay, OH
Joined Jan 2006
2,046 Posts
It's gunna be a hott one!!

I'm getting there early to set up before the heat. Then, fly fly sweat fly sweat fly melt.
rcflyguy is online now Find More Posts by rcflyguy