Cody Wojcik's Joe Nall in Review - FlyingGiants
logo

Cody Wojcik's Joe Nall in Review

With over 1,700 pilots and thousands of spectators Nall is different for everyone. Here is Cody's take on Joe Nall 2017.

Splash

Cody's Take on Joe Nall 2017

Cody Wojcik is a sponsored pilot and designer for Extreme Flight RC, Twisted Hobbys, Desert Aircraft, Castle Creations, and Pulse LiPo Batteries. He lives in Fremont NH and has been flying for 18 years. He loves freestyle and precision flying. In 2014 he competed in the first ever IMAC Worlds and took first place in freestyle.

From Cody:

I'm finally able to decompress and reflect on Joe Nall 2017. I had a great time seeing old and new friends, flying, hanging out, and seeing the best the RC flying world has to offer. Highlights include:

Flying the 120" Turbo Bushmaster. This thing is an absolute masterpiece. Just as fun and capable as the smaller ones but the extra size takes this design to another level. Hanging this monster on the wing and prop with the flaps down is the coolest sight and this is definitely the coolest non-freestyle plane I've ever flown. Working with Chris Hinson and Ben Fisher at EF has allowed me to be part of truly groundbreaking things happening in the industry!

Finally getting to hang out and rip quads and planes with Jonathon Davis after talking on the phone for like 16 months. Watching you fly was awesome and I'm so glad we finally got to hang out!

Flying the new 74 and 100 Slicks. Every new freestyle plane design that EF comes out with takes performance to a new level and these are no exception. Thanks to William Jackson for passing me the sticks on his brand new 100", and great job on the build!

Watching and flying Chris Jewett's awesome autogyro. One of the coolest RC things I've ever seen or flown. I was simultaneously giggling and trembling the whole time I had it in the air.

Teasing the RC world with another Twisted design that I am extremely proud of. It was fantastic to hear reactions to it both from spectators and everyone I was able to pass the sticks to. This one is another winner and you'll love them when they hit the shelves!

Seeing where flying has gone. Simply put, pilots are off the chain now. Maneuvers that were thought not humanly impossible 7 years ago are commonplace now. Aggression, precision, and creativity are getting better every year and it's truly inspiring to see. Jase Dussia's flying is truly a sight to behold.

Seeing Triple Tree and most of the RC community embrace FPV and multirotors. The freestyle and racing guys are just as dedicated, talented, and crazy as the fixed wing scale guys, 3D pilots, glider pilots, and heli pilots, in a different way, and they love the hobby just like us. At one point while flying quads in a patch of trees, somebody in a Triple Tree truck pulled up, saw what we were doing, and gave us a big thumbs up.

Most of all, it was great to see all the amazing people that make this hobby so cool. It's a shame that we only see each other a few times per year at most.

The only disappointing thing was that this event is so huge and at times chaotic that I really did miss a lot of it. I've come to the conclusion that the event really needs more than 2.5 days to really appreciate and enjoy and next year I'll get down a little earlier. But even still, I've taken a bit of a tolerance break from RC for a while to prevent burn-out, and this trip was just what I needed to get really excited about RC again. I'm already counting down the days to Joe Nall 2018!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; 05-23-2017 at 10:31 AM..
Old 05-23-2017, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
FG Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Oct 2009
1,501 Posts
Great report, Cody!
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
Administrator
Old 05-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls
United States, AL, Mountain Brook
Joined Jun 2008
10,133 Posts
Thanks Cody.
Always enjoy your videos..
Phil Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Old 05-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Find More Posts by jdracing3
I like pancakes
Joined Jan 2008
2,046 Posts
Awesome Cody! I am so proud to be on the same team as you.… It's truly an honor
#EXTREMEFLIGHT
jdracing3 is offline Find More Posts by jdracing3
Old 05-23-2017, 02:18 PM
Find More Posts by rolling circle
TWISTED, FALCON,PULSE,MKS,RCFL
United States, MD, Balt
Joined Nov 2013
466 Posts
+1 - Totally feel the same.

Very proud to be a part of a team with Cody.

Always great to work with him on projects and to hear what he has to say. He just says tells it like it is. That's something you sure can appreciate in this crazy world.

Great summary of Nall '17, Cody!

rolling circle is offline Find More Posts by rolling circle
Old 05-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Find More Posts by alfabeast
Joined May 2009
2 Posts
Used to visit the old Cape Ann RC field in West Newbury when I was on hiatus from flying raising my triplets, killin' time - saw Cody fly as a teenager and now ... well he is famous!!! Way to go. Looking forward to getting a TBM some time soon.
alfabeast is offline Find More Posts by alfabeast
Old 05-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,262 Posts
Excellent Cody, really great to share Joe Nall with you and all the Team EF folks.
Jeff
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 05-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jul 2015
39 Posts
An great article with the spirit of our extended families! Looking forward to next year!
Benton3dflying is offline Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Old 05-23-2017, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by Wojcigitty
THROTTLEMELON
Fremont, NH
Joined Aug 2006
1,168 Posts
Thanks guys, glad you liked my write up, and I'm so glad to be a part of these awesome teams and this great community!
Wojcigitty is offline Find More Posts by Wojcigitty
Old 05-24-2017, 06:42 AM
Find More Posts by velocity
Joined Dec 2011
375 Posts
Cody how did you find the slick compared to the 104' extra?
velocity is offline Find More Posts by velocity
Old 05-24-2017, 07:18 AM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,640 Posts
Congrats Cody!
You will be a great asset to the Extreme Flight team!
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 05-25-2017, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by Wojcigitty
THROTTLEMELON
Fremont, NH
Joined Aug 2006
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity View Post
Cody how did you find the slick compared to the 104' extra?
Similar. Pitch response is a little quicker and the tail seems to come around a little quicker with less momentum. In the smaller size, it's also a little more nimble, and has insane power with a 120.
Wojcigitty is offline Find More Posts by Wojcigitty
Old 05-25-2017, 08:20 AM
Find More Posts by velocity
Joined Dec 2011
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojcigitty View Post
Similar. Pitch response is a little quicker and the tail seems to come around a little quicker with less momentum. In the smaller size, it's also a little more nimble, and has insane power with a 120.
Thanks
velocity is offline Find More Posts by velocity