logo

The Robert Shaw Learning Center - Triple Tree

Mr. Pat gave FlyingGiants a VIP tour of the new learning center. We wanted share it with you.

Splash

The Triple Tree Learning Center Tour

While the gang was at Joe Nall, we ran into none other than the man himself, Mr. Pat Hartness. Pat was excited to show Jim and I the renovations made to the learning center since last year. He was right to be so giddy, this place has done a 180 degree overhaul.

As soon as you walk in your eyes go straight to the huge projection screen and the planes all around the room!

Triple Tree Robert Shaw Learning Center (1 min 56 sec)

Most of them are control line planes that have won races, awards, you name it. A room full of famous planes! There's even a replica of Bill Connell's plane and Patty Wagstaff's plane! Super cool!

The simulator room is open with, I believe 6 or 7 screens open. Anyone curious about aviation can find themselves busy for hours in this building!

Then, when you're done, head over to the build room/fully stocked workshop! I tell ya, Triple Tree has it all!!

Learn More

Be sure to visit the Triple Tree website to learn about the events they have all year long and donate to the future of our hobby!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; 05-23-2017 at 02:04 PM..
Old 05-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by Nikolei Zinsli
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Apr 2008
401 Posts
I was in the room with the RC simulators, where was the full-scale sim??
Nikolei Zinsli is offline Find More Posts by Nikolei Zinsli
Old 05-23-2017, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
FG Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Oct 2009
1,483 Posts
In an office to the left.
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
Administrator
Old 05-23-2017, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
18,498 Posts
During Youth Masters last year , we were able to have a sneak peak of the Shaw building , Wow .. rather enjoyable to watch the Kids fly on the sims after the sun went down , laughing and enjoying each others company
flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks
Old 05-24-2017, 09:50 PM
Find More Posts by David G
SMFC / Team Low Life
United States, NC, Kure Beach
Joined Apr 2010
76 Posts
Spent time admiring the learning center and in particular how it had been filled with aircraft since last year... I even had a bit of stick time in the RC sim room... but somehow totally missed the full scale sim so will have to check that out on my next visit to TTA. Always so much going on there that it's just impossible to explain how awesome it is.
David G is offline Find More Posts by David G