logo

The Saint Catherine Photo Experience - Doylestown Barnstormers 3D Meltdown

I made it out to the Doylestown Barnstormers annual event - the Spring Fling 3D Meltdown. Cathy Nickler was kind enough to take plenty of photos of this laid-back giant-scale fly-in.

Splash

Photos and Video from Doylestown

This will be my third visit down to the Doylestown Barnstormers annual fly-in: the Spring Fling 3D Meltdown. The event ran from Friday the 2nd through Sunday the 4th, and although it's primarily labeled as a 3D event, there' was flying of all types going on. Saturday is the big day as far as turnout goes, but big is a relative term; the Spring Fling has always been a somewhat intimate event with local and regional pilots showing up for the weekend to fly and converse among well-known friends and family. In my opinion, this is the allure of the Spring Fling 3D Meltdown. Coming down off the high of Joe Nall, it's a refreshing change of pace to drive out to Doylestown and fly at this smaller venue. There's never any wait at the flight line (unless you count common courtesy for the pilot putting on a show for the spectators). Did I mention the staff and how awesome they are?! The Mark and Patti Sivard put on one heck of a show and keep everyone well fed in the process! I can't thank you enough for your very warm hospitality that I always receive.

Photos from Cathy Nickler (Saint Catherine)

Cathy Nickler is pretty easy to spot an any event: she's the girl riding the off-road Segway while firing her camera in the process! Cathy is an excellent photographer and captures events quite well. A BIG thanks from the FlyingGiants crew for allowing us to use your photos from the event!

Video from Matt Gunn

Doylestown Barnstormers - Spring Fling 3D Meltdown 2017 - FlyingGiants Video (15 min 7 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; 06-07-2017 at 02:15 PM..
Old 06-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
FG Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Oct 2009
1,484 Posts
Catherine Nickler's photos from Doylestown:
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
Administrator
Old 06-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by R Nick
Bad Ass 126 flyer
Galion Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
2,268 Posts
We had an awesome time!!! We will be back next year.

Saint Catherine in action!
R Nick is online now Find More Posts by R Nick
Old 06-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by BobbyD
United States, OH, Canal Fulton
Joined Nov 2015
11 Posts
Thanks to all that stopped by for our event!! We loved getting together with all our friends near and far. Hope to see you all again next year!
BobbyD is offline Find More Posts by BobbyD
Old 06-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by MrsPopcorn
Joined Jun 2015
15 Posts
What a wonderful event we had!!! I just wish there were a few more days in a weekend. So many great pilots and great friends show up every year!
A great big Thank you to everyone that came out to make this Meltdown an amazing experience!
MrsPopcorn is offline Find More Posts by MrsPopcorn
Old 06-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Find More Posts by Flyingjakers
United States, NJ, Washington
Joined Nov 2015
91 Posts
We'll be back, what a fun time. Thank you guys again, had a lot of fun.
Hopefully see you all at rattfest
Flyingjakers is offline Find More Posts by Flyingjakers
Old 06-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by KW Bumper
United States, OH, Massillon
Joined Oct 2014
241 Posts
Thank You

WOW! Great Pictures! THANK YOU Catherine for all the great pics and coming to the event!

THANK YOU Matt Gunn and Flying Giants for coming to our event and for all your support and for the great coverage!!

THANK YOU to all our Sponsors for their support and donations!
EXTREME FLIGHT
DESERT AIRCRAFT
TOWER HOBBIES
HOBBICO
AERO TECH HOBBIES
E & S HOBBIES AND TRAINS

THANKS TO THE DOYLESTOWN BARNSTORMERS for having this event for the past 3 years!

THANKS to All the Great Pilots , their families, and to the Spectators for making this event so awesome!

Hope to see everyone next year!!
KW Bumper is offline Find More Posts by KW Bumper
Old 06-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Joined Jun 2015
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingjakers View Post
We'll be back, what a fun time. Thank you guys again, had a lot of fun.
Hopefully see you all at rattfest
It would be AMAZING to see you at Rattfest!
Old 06-13-2017, 09:54 PM
Joined Jun 2015
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Bumper View Post
WOW! Great Pictures! THANK YOU Catherine for all the great pics and coming to the event!

THANK YOU Matt Gunn and Flying Giants for coming to our event and for all your support and for the great coverage!!

THANK YOU to all our Sponsors for their support and donations!
EXTREME FLIGHT
DESERT AIRCRAFT
TOWER HOBBIES
HOBBICO
AERO TECH HOBBIES
E & S HOBBIES AND TRAINS

THANKS TO THE DOYLESTOWN BARNSTORMERS for having this event for the past 3 years!

THANKS to All the Great Pilots , their families, and to the Spectators for making this event so awesome!

Hope to see everyone next year!!
And a HUGE shout-out to KW Bumper for doing all the dirty work to make this such an amazing event!!!! i cant wait to start the planning for next year!!! All of hard work and dedication you and Mark put into this is so truly appreciated!!!