logo
Old 06-18-2017, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by edwinracme
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2013
86 Posts
Discussion
krill arf

somebody tell me if krill aircraft are worth what looks to be a lot of money beside extreme flight 3d hobby shop pilot and others I have a3dhs edge which I thought was very good value for what was supplied
edwinracme is online now Find More Posts by edwinracme
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Feb 2006
3,720 Posts
Not in my book. There have been some issues with those models and the CS on them is not good. I seriously doubt one will fly better than a 3DHS/EF model. I'd take a close look at their new stuff as well as the AJ Aircraft models.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 06-18-2017, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by jgoble
United States, NC, Lenoir
Joined May 2008
9 Posts
I have had both Krill and Comp-arf. They were both very nice and flew well. But in my opinion, the wood airplanes are easier to build, lighter, and a better value for the money.
jgoble is offline Find More Posts by jgoble
Old 06-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by edwinracme
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2013
86 Posts
krill

you told me what I wanted to know before I spent the money thanks for the information
edwinracme is online now Find More Posts by edwinracme
Old 06-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Mar 2010
1,280 Posts
You don't buy composite airframe for the flight performance, you buy them because you do not want to maintain stupid film covering and wood baloney on a traditional plane.

Flim/wood will fly better almost always, expect when you get to 50% scale at which point composite weigh the same as wood/film, Wiemo comes to mind.
Alkaline is online now Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 06-20-2017, 12:47 AM
Find More Posts by hsvman001
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2015
52 Posts
I have the 31% Extra 330sc by Krill. Very nice piece of kit. Minimal maintenance on the air frame, clean up is easy. Very precise aircraft, you can still 3D with them, but they are probably more suited to IMAC due to their precise flying ability.
I have a 35% EF Extra 300, the size is not much difference between them in size and weight!
hsvman001 is offline Find More Posts by hsvman001
Old 06-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Feb 2016
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsvman001 View Post
I have the 31% Extra 330sc by Krill. Very nice piece of kit. Minimal maintenance on the air frame, clean up is easy. Very precise aircraft, you can still 3D with them, but they are probably more suited to IMAC due to their precise flying ability.
I have a 35% EF Extra 300, the size is not much difference between them in size and weight!
I not sure they are superior flying ability to some of the others mentioned. On mine, what I will say its it is 10x harder to complete than say a Hangar 9/AJ/or Extreme etc.. There are no instructions, little hardware, (no wheels, no tailwheel, no engine mounting template, very few screws, bolts etc.) and most of it is up to your imagination. It's not really ARF, not a kit but somewhere in between. The finish and lack of covering film is nice when your done, but if I ever get done I doubt it will fly any better.
Renegadeflyer is offline Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
Old 06-20-2017, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by Slats!
Joined Dec 2008
1,182 Posts
Yah but look at these arfs these days

-Your Axels will break.
-The wheels last 1 year.
-The tail wheel always bends.
-The hardware strips. Or best they throw in Metric with Standard.
-The engine mounting template will offset your spinner because they cant freagan line up even a mounting plate.

I am in the same boat as the poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadeflyer View Post
I not sure they are superior flying ability to some of the others mentioned. On mine, what I will say its it is 10x harder to complete than say a Hangar 9/AJ/or Extreme etc.. There are no instructions, little hardware, (no wheels, no tailwheel, no engine mounting template, very few screws, bolts etc.) and most of it is up to your imagination. It's not really ARF, not a kit but somewhere in between. The finish and lack of covering film is nice when your done, but if I ever get done I doubt it will fly any better.
Slats! is online now Find More Posts by Slats!
Old 06-20-2017, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by hsvman001
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2015
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadeflyer View Post

Hrmm, interesting, I got my kit about this time last year, brand new shipment from AUS distributor. Everything was included, all hardware, manual etc.
I've only upgraded the main wheels.
hsvman001 is offline Find More Posts by hsvman001