Hoverpalooza 2K17 - Going On Now! - FlyingGiants
logo

Hoverpalooza 2K17 - Going On Now!

Happening now at the Buckeye Big Birds field, Hoverpalooza brings together the biggest and best giant scale aircraft and pilots for five days of flying!

Splash

August 1 August 6

It's Hoverpalooza time in Ohio! Having officially kicked off on the 1st, Hoverpalooza is underway and is expected to see the most action in the next three days; it's definitely not too late to get down there! I spoke with Travis Saffell (buckeyeflyer), who gave me the scoop on what to expect for Hoverpalooza 2K17:

From Travis Saffell

Its that time of year again. Time to head to southeast Ohio and throw down with the Buckeye Big Birds. This years event is shaping up to be the biggest and best Hoverpalooza yet. We have a tremendous group of sponsored pilots attending. Might be the best talent ever assemble in Ohio. Pilots Like Jase Dussia , Tavis Newman, Chris Haas just to name a few. I also have confirmation that Matt Kozub will be attending with his 3D Jet and Giant Christian eagle. He always puts on an awesome show.

Hoverpalooza focus is that every one has a great time. All levels of flying and many activities to keep your attention. Gates will open July 31st for camping and flying and event will officially start on the 3rd and run until Sunday the 6th. We will have one of the best food trucks in Ohio along with a pizza party and possibly some snow cones for the kids.

Each year we try to break the record in the Mass Hover.... This year if everyone shows we should get over 30 planes in the air at the same time. If you are one of the 30 you will have an experience like no other. Last year the Hover Wall was unveiled at the show and it brought a new level of entertainment and challenge to the event. It eventually was nick named the Hover Wall of Death by a couple pilots. This year we are adding a best trick contest to be held right before the Fireworks show. Cant wait to see the contest. The Fireworks have become a tradition each year. Noah Hartley and now Tavis Newman do there best to throw down during the fireworks with most of the maneuvers directly in the fireworks. Its an impressive display of flying and explosions all at the same time. Two things most Flying Giants members love to watch.

This year Packratt , Dan, and Chris are going to be showing there skills with the FPV quads. We will have a course set up for some serious racing. Make sure you FPV pilots bring some extra batteries.

Also want to thank all the Sponsors that help donate items for our raffle.

We also will have some Hoverpalooza swag for sale at the show.

Hope everyone can make it this year if you have any questions feel free to call:

Travis Saffell 740-605-9392

Directions to the Buckeye Big Birds field.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; 08-03-2017 at 10:02 AM..
Old 08-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Find More Posts by Saint Catherine
Joined May 2012
1,210 Posts
#HOVERPALOOZA2K17BABY
Saint Catherine is offline Find More Posts by Saint Catherine
Old 08-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Find More Posts by Chromeray
Team LowLife/Team GHS
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined May 2013
120 Posts
Looks like an awesome time! Need to make the trip one year.
Chromeray is offline Find More Posts by Chromeray
Old 08-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by sklote1964
The Flying Butcher
United States, OH, Tiffin
Joined Aug 2010
43 Posts
Sad I'm not going to be able to make it. I was really looking forward to it.
sklote1964 is online now Find More Posts by sklote1964