logo
This thread is privately moderated by woodendesk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:24 AM
Find More Posts by woodendesk
United States, PA, Delta
Joined Sep 2015
68 Posts
Gallery
83 inch Tigercat (Don Palmer) ~ confirmed version plans finally!!

83 inch Tigercat (Don Palmer)
RCGF 26cc Gas engines (2)
Beila 17 X 7 3 blade WW2 props (2)
Robart/ CJ Landing Gear
Callie Graphics 1/7 graphic set
Lemon telemetry receiver
Booma RC Smart bus Elite
Star6 dual fuel dots* more to come on that as to why.
Dag (Damon Atwood) 3D printed R-2800 Radials

I bought this plane from a friend out in Columbus Ohio in 2016 summertime. I was never sure as to whose plans they were. I wanted to determine that so I could better understand its construction and layout. Meanwhile I bought most everything I needed to restore the plane and improve upon it. This was to be my long term project plane. I spent those two years studying and researching what to do with this plane. I finally had come up with my plan for January 2019. I began work that new years day with orbital sanding the imperfections out of the surfaces. I removed all the attached panels, cowls, firewalls engines, fuel tanks..the works. I could then see what I was working with. Being well built and remarkably intuitive design, I began to look for key markes of the design to determine the plan maker. Noted that the wings disconnected at the posterior flap location. The canopy was set with 4 mini screws. the battery compartment located just behind the cockpit, all key elements to determining the Don Palmer plans!! I began to develop a research packet on the plane, panel lines, fuel tank location, bolt patterns, etc. I have a great love for this plane as it represents all the skills I have developed in this hobby over the last 6 years. I expect at least a year or two before she flies, but it can always be sooner. stay tuned!
woodendesk is offline Find More Posts by woodendesk
Last edited by woodendesk; 03-06-2019 at 07:56 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply