logo
Old 06-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
4,951 Posts
Not sure where my CG is exactly, but factory CG is way tail heavy at the leading edge of wing tube.Mine is at the trialing edge of tube,or just a little past,with a VERY slight drop inverted.I just put the a123 on the engine box with a RCGF60 single and flew it.
closetguy is online now Find More Posts by closetguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-01-2018, 08:35 AM
Find More Posts by cgeisel11
Canada, ON, Angus
Joined Jan 2010
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhughes View Post
Love my edge Iíve got one of those free kcs 62ís with a pro rc hype pipe and hitec servos. Just wish I could move the rudder servo back for more tail weight. I like hands off inverted level flight. Great flying planes though one of my favourite edges for sure.

I have the rudder servo in the back on mine, works good!
cgeisel11 is offline Find More Posts by cgeisel11
Old 08-17-2018, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by Walter Fisher II
United States, AZ, Glendale
Joined May 2007
68 Posts
Ok

Ok
Walter Fisher II is offline Find More Posts by Walter Fisher II
Old 10-01-2018, 03:13 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,113 Posts
Update on Edge

I eventually removed all nose weight reinstalled the EME 60 and is was a great flying plane, flew like it was a 15 pound plane. It was equipped with MKS 777 servos that have been causing me an issue. I had a 777A+ lock up one month ago on my PAU Viper.
I was on vacation this week me and a friend and we flew every day. In the last seven days I had another 777A+ on aileron on Viper strip gears during a hover. On the Edge I had a 777 lock up on aileron just after landing. Flying Edge this morning and rudder servo locked at about 20 feet I could not control enough to land, so I did the next best thing and crashed
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 10-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
I eventually removed all nose weight reinstalled the EME 60 and is was a great flying plane, flew like it was a 15 pound plane. It was equipped with MKS 777 servos that have been causing me an issue. I had a 777A+ lock up one month ago on my PAU Viper.
I was on vacation this week me and a friend and we flew every day. In the last seven days I had another 777A+ on aileron on Viper strip gears during a hover. On the Edge I had a 777 lock up on aileron just after landing. Flying Edge this morning and rudder servo locked at about 20 feet I could not control enough to land, so I did the next best thing and crashed
That is not good news. It would be one thing if it was only one failed servo, but in this case not good at all. Sorry to read you have had these issues.
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 10-01-2018, 05:52 PM
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,113 Posts
I really like the MKS servos, especially the 777A+ but this past month and especially this week has been expensive! The plane was really fun to fly, I was confident enough to hoover it at about five feet (no tail touches)
Old 10-01-2018, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by cgeisel11
Canada, ON, Angus
Joined Jan 2010
43 Posts
Oh man! Sorry for the loss. It looks rebuildable, though. I had a similar crash with my first Aeroplus Edge. I contacted Stephen at Aeroplus directly and he sent me all of the parts to rebuild it. (similar to Pilot). It worked out great and was a lot easier to repair than I thought it was going to be.

One of my friends had an MKS 777 lock up on him last weekend. His right aileron was stuck in the fully up position. He was lucky to land it with no damage. Not sure if it was a+ or not. Seems to be common with them?
cgeisel11 is offline Find More Posts by cgeisel11
Old 10-01-2018, 10:29 PM
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeisel11 View Post
Oh man! Sorry for the loss. It looks rebuildable, though. I had a similar crash with my first Aeroplus Edge. I contacted Stephen at Aeroplus directly and he sent me all of the parts to rebuild it. (similar to Pilot). It worked out great and was a lot easier to repair than I thought it was going to be.

One of my friends had an MKS 777 lock up on him last weekend. His right aileron was stuck in the fully up position. He was lucky to land it with no damage. Not sure if it was a+ or not. Seems to be common with them?

I am not even going to try that I spent over 7 months trying to buy a cowl for the 60cc Yak from them only response I got was "I check and get back too you"

Its only been about 4 or 5 months I still waiting for them to get back with me.
I will replace it with another brand, they no longer have a US dealer only a web page set up by someones relative that said they could do a web page not very professional.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:45 PM
Find More Posts by bhughes
TROUT FARM FLYER AKA BERTABOY
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2013
897 Posts
The Canadian dealer ships to the states all the time.
bhughes is offline Find More Posts by bhughes
Old 10-02-2018, 12:55 PM
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,113 Posts
Thanks Bhughes but the Yak was heavy so I am removing the turtle deck, removing the belly sheeting stripping it down rat rod ugly stick style to get it as light as possible. I will make it a beater to try stuff extra low, if I loose it no big lost.
As far as replacing the Edge 540 with the price of ARF and shipping for just a little more I can get another 35% plane.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:03 PM
Joined Jul 2006
4,951 Posts
Ain't that the truth,at one time the Edge was 600.00 and a 100.00 to ship.Now it's 700.00 just for the plane.I bought a back-up Edge when they were 650.00 ship.
I think the manufacture had something to do with that, trying to keep a fix price.MH was the cheapest around for the Aeroplus line,now they are the same as everyone else.
Festivus,I still have you beat,I put two Edges in ground in four years.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:09 PM
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,113 Posts
I thought about it and hind site is always better, I thought about buying one when Mile High was clearing them out with free shipping. But I was waiting for the "Arriving in spring summer", 110" Edge but that was cancelled. I have moved on to PAU I am ordering a 35% Edge 540T to go with my PAU Viper
Old 10-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Find More Posts by bhughes
TROUT FARM FLYER AKA BERTABOY
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2013
897 Posts
Fair enough
bhughes is offline Find More Posts by bhughes
Old 10-03-2018, 05:48 AM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
I thought about it and hind site is always better, I thought about buying one when Mile High was clearing them out with free shipping. But I was waiting for the "Arriving in spring summer", 110" Edge but that was cancelled. I have moved on to PAU I am ordering a 35% Edge 540T to go with my PAU Viper
I have looked at the Mile High planes several times, but decided to get another EF last time. Granted you pay a lot more, yet in the long run probably worth the difference unless you simply just risk it.

I think the cheap planes are nice, yet tough when you never know what might be available later. It is bad enough buying the top brands from US sellers.
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 10-03-2018, 06:47 AM
Joined Jul 2006
4,951 Posts
Price was one factor for me in buying from MH the other was his service and parts.The main reason was the weight of their 92" planes are the lightest around. Plus I like the way the Aeroplus planes fly and they balance with a 60 engine. Buying across the border even adds more to the price.

Quick Reply