logo

Vote for IMAC Vice President today!

Today is the day to vote for a new IMAC VP. Read on for details!

Splash

Hello Flying Giants!

For those that are IMAC members, this is a reminder that voting ends the night of October 31st for this years IMAC Elections. Doug Pilcher and I are both running for Vice-President. If you have not voted yet, please visit www.mini-iac.org and sign in to vote! Remember that your vote matters and counts! Our bios are listed below!

Kevin Garland

It has been just over 20 years since my grandfather, Billy Moore, introduced me to the hobby of radio-controlled aircraft. Without his support and guidance, I would not be living the life I am today. In 2005 I competed in the Triple Tree Youth Masters in South Carolina, and this is where my IMAC journey began. In 2008 at age 18 I ran my first IMAC contest in Griffin, GA, called the Allen Taylor IMAC, and I believe at the time I was the youngest CD ever to have run a contest. Later that year I graduated high school and went on to pursue a Bachelor's Degree at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, FL. In Florida I continued to compete in local contests, while also running two Daytona IMAC events. I was also CD for two Georgia events during the contest season. After completing my degree in 2012, my first career job had me relocate to Yuma, AZ. Then a few years ago my job took me to Tucson, AZ, which is where I live today.Since moving to the Southwest Region, I have been CD for 4 IMAC events. Two in Yuma, and two in Tucson, AZ. Last year Dave Johnson of Desert Aircraft entrusted to me the responsibility of running the 2017 Tucson Aerobatic Shootout. This year he asked me once again to run the 2018 Shootout which I gladly accepted. I am currently on the Board as Secretary for the local Tucson Radio Control Club.I take running local contests and invitational contests very seriously. I go above and beyond ensure the events are run at the top level, while at the same time making sure everyone is having a great time! We all seem to get worked up over politics, but we have to remember we all do this for the love of the hobby and for FUN! Unfortunately, every part of this hobby is on a downward trend, especially IMAC.

We would do good to remember our youth is our future, and we should focus on getting more youth into the sport. Even if those that have decided to leave IMAC decided to rejoin we would still be in trouble later down the line if we do not get more youth involved.If you elect me as the Vice-President of IMAC,

I will dedicate my efforts toward achieving the following goals:

• Create a youth program to train new pilots how to fly R/C airplanes and prepare them for their first IMAC contest.
  • Work on creating a new competing class for small electric airplanes so IMAC can be more affordable to those just starting out.
  • Revise the current Sound and Airspace Control Rules.
  • Look into hosting Nationals at different locations every year.
  • Restructure the current regions into Sub Regions, to make the Regional Points Series more competitive.
  • Host Contest Director classes. Continue to improve the Score Program, including further research into the possibilities of using electronic scoring.

Doug Pilcher

It has been amazing to serve the members and family of IMAC, for the last 5 years, both on the Board of Directors and as South-Central Regional Director. 5 years I have been very proud to be a part of.

I believe with my past 5 years of work helping to build the South-Central region, as well as my involvement with the seemingly-endless projects of the BOD, I have not only learned much of the backside of work involved with IMAC, but also the many inner workings of the organization as a whole. The experience I offer has proven my commitment to the organization and the direction to move forward. I have many projects that remain to be completed; to step away now would be a step back for IMAC. Many of these projects were put on hold to ensure IWC 18 was a success; now it is time to move those projects back to the front burner. One of the biggest projects I would like to get back to is modernizing and updating the judges educational process. For these reasons, I ask for your support to move IMAC forward. Paramount here, is that all members vote in this election. Vote your beliefs and in the best interest of IMAC and its growth. Please remember it is YOU that can make the difference. I gain nothing personally or financially from any role I have or seek in IMAC; I just want to see the organization grow to its fullest potential. To me, that is the “Win” at the end of the day.

• Hometown/Country: Born and Raised Rochester, NY – Moved to Denison, TX in 1984 – USA

Judging Experience:

• IMAC NJS/IJS Attendee 2009, 2013, 2015, Coordinator 2017 – Co-Coordinator 2019
  • IMAC South Central Judging Instructor – 2015 - 2018
  • Numerous IMAC Local, Regional and National Events Judge Since 2009
  • IMAC Education Committee 2016-2018
  • IMAC World Championship 2018 Judge

Accomplishments:

• IMAC South Central Regional Director April 2014 - 2018
  • AMA Scale Aerobatic National Championship Event Director 2017, 2018
  • IMAC South Central Worlds Qualifier CD 2017
  • Involved in Score! 4.25 update to include PP, both with help with programmer and the Integration with the Website
  • Assisted International in PP Roll Out in 2018
  • Local IMAC contest wins and participation since 2009
  • AMA Contest Director 2009 – Present - Both SC Events and NATS 2017/2018
  • IMAC Rule Book and PPT assistance/involvement 2017 and 2019
  • 2018 IMAC World Championship Operations Manager
  • Developed and integrated “Live Score Posting” with NATS 18 Beta and IWC 18 Roll Out
  • Assisted Leasha Bull in Social Media integration with IWC 18
  • Numerous enhancements to mini-iac.org working directly with IMAC Webmaster

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; 10-31-2018 at 09:36 AM..
Old 10-31-2018, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,324 Posts
Thanks for getting this posted!
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2018, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by rooman
They're get'n lower mate.....
United States, PA, Home
Joined Nov 2006
2,956 Posts
Wonder if the Russians will influence the outcome .....
rooman is offline Find More Posts by rooman
Old 10-31-2018, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
19,002 Posts
Kevin Wrong Rudder Garland gets my vote
flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks
Old 10-31-2018, 08:22 PM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,796 Posts
who won ??
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Old 10-31-2018, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by aalfawaz
United States, IA, Iowa City
Joined Oct 2015
993 Posts
My vote goes to my boy Kevin hands down
aalfawaz is offline Find More Posts by aalfawaz
Old 11-01-2018, 01:58 AM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,285 Posts
If IMAC is to survive, Kevin Garland is the clear choice! His ambition and vision are what IMAC needs right now. The old guard has had plenty of time and opportunity to make changes to help IMAC get to a better place with little to show for it... Kevin may not be able to right the ship, but if we do nothing it will certainly sink!

Vote For KEVIN!
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 11-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Team NoSleep
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,123 Posts
I dont know anything about the other guy, other than what is posted in the original article, but I have met Kevin numerous times and regardless of age, I cannot think of a more qualified and dedicated person for the position.

Go get it Kevin!
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 11-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by jseven27
2014 IMAC SW Sportsman champ.
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Feb 2007
325 Posts
When will the results be out??? Elections were over at midnight last night?? Who Won???
jseven27 is offline Find More Posts by jseven27
Old 11-01-2018, 02:21 PM
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,285 Posts
Must take awhile for the server to calculate all the votes......
Old 11-02-2018, 12:59 PM
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,324 Posts
From IMAC Website
For the contested positions –

Vice President
Doug Pilcher - 154
Kevin Garland – 139
Old 11-02-2018, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by Dozer Blade
Yeah~ try the other left
Joined Apr 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Wonder if the Russians will influence the outcome .....
Ha Ha! No Russians, more like the quote that is commonly attributed to an infamous Russian.
Quote:
It’s not the people who vote that count. It’s the people who count the votes.”
AKA- the webmaster (highest paid person in all of IMAC).
Dozer Blade is offline Find More Posts by Dozer Blade
Old 11-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Team NoSleep
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
From IMAC Website
For the contested positions –

Vice President
Doug Pilcher - 154
Kevin Garland – 139
Dang brother, I was pulling for you!

Dont be discouraged and keep doing all you do for the hobby! We need more guys like you running events, thanks for all your efforts!
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 11-03-2018, 05:43 AM
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,285 Posts
Once my membership runs out in July of 2019 I will no longer contribute to this organization. I am completely done.... This organization will be lucky to survive this BOD. It is sad to see that so few people actually took the time to vote, less that 50% of the membership.. Doug, congratulations and best of luck. It's great that you are active in the organization and CD all of these different events. But what has this done to fix our declining membership issue? When I see actual progress and realistic solutions come from you, maybe then my opinion will change.
Last edited by eheliflyer; 11-03-2018 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Wanted to add to my displeasure of this outcome...
Old 11-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,324 Posts
I want to say congrats to Doug. I know not all of us will be happy with the results,, but I promise even though I am not on the board I will stay active in the IMAC community. There is a lot of work that needs to be done and just the board themselves can’t do it alone. I am happy to see a big turn out for this election. I am glad we got most of the members involved this election year. I believe it was the biggest percentage wise... If there is anything I can do please let me know..

Quick Reply