logo

Graupner - MZ-16 16-CHANNEL 2.4 GHZ TELEMETRY RADIO

The new Graupner mz-16 is a 16-channel radio with accuracy, control and reliability fully integrated inside a high-tech carbon look and comfortable ergonomics transmitter!

Splash

MZ-16 Transmitter - Available late February 2019

From Manny

You asked for it and we delivered!Many of you who were impressed by the mz-32 and its many features requested a radio that provided similar features but at a more affordable price point.

The mz-16 brings the same powerful features as our mz-32 flagship radio providing you with the same power where you, the user, can control almost any part of the radio.

You can tailor the mz-16 to your own needs with additional hardware options which can be installed by the user. The built in WiFi can be expanded with a Bluetooth module and MP3 player while the battery capacity can be increased to up to 9000 mAh. The mz-16 can be expanded based on your budget and needs.

This new radio is part of our HoTT (Hopping Telemetry Transmission) radio eco system that stands out in its signal reliability and performance without the protocol confusion many other brands have.

Customers that embrace our HoTT systems will benefit from a wide selection of receivers and flight controllers (23) and over 50 telemetry and speed controller products that are fully integrated with our radio HoTT systems for ease of use and without complexity.

The integration of our HoTT technology by many third-party vendors utilizing our over the air protocol and SUMD digital protocols adds another benefit to our customers who can select from dozens of additional products to make their RC experience more valuable and more enjoyable.

Future firmware updates are free and the mz-16 carries a two-year warranty for extra peace of mind.

The 16-channel mz-16 sells for $749.99 and comes with a GR-16 8-channel telemetry receiver.

So Much More to Learn!

Head over to the Graupner site for pricing and much more information!

Old 02-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Find More Posts by ChrisRhays
Joined Nov 2017
3 Posts
Anyone had an experience with these line of radios?
ChrisRhays is offline Find More Posts by ChrisRhays
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2019, 09:02 AM
Find More Posts by Eric D
United States, NC, Fayetteville
Joined May 2016
217 Posts
I don't think the 16's been released yet, but I've got the MZ 32 (and a 24 pro)
Eric D is offline Find More Posts by Eric D
Old 02-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by ChrisRhays
Joined Nov 2017
3 Posts
I have been looking at buying the Mz-24 v2
ChrisRhays is offline Find More Posts by ChrisRhays
Old 02-10-2019, 09:57 AM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2015
523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRhays View Post
Lots of info for that radio on RC Groups. I've had a couple. They are nice radios but like most others you cannot see the screen outdoors. Graupner and Spektrum have seemed to solve this issue with their new releases though. If your serious I would wait for this new version of the wigit radio to be released.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old 02-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
4,615 Posts
I am new to the 24 Pro,only four flights with it now.But I like it,and will never be able to use the full potential of the radio.It feels good in your hands, like a Colt 45 auto does. I'm a computer idiot and it's one of the easiest basic set up radio's to use. The ONLY fault I can find is the stick tension is a little lite,even when tighten all the way.And it's German made.
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 02-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Joined May 2016
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
If your serious I would wait for this new version of the wigit radio to be released.

There's a few cost-cutting measures, in the new 16 MZ, that bother me. Losing bluetooth, the second RF module and the MP3 player are big hits for me. A lot of people complaining on RCG about losing the 32's hall sensor gimbals, but I actually prefer the solid feel of the 24 pro's gimbals. (once I installed stiffer springs). The battery getting cut from 9000 mah to 4000mah is going to cut into the radio's run time pretty heavily. I'm not sure how the lighter battery will change the "feel" of the transmtter.

If I were in the market for a new radio, and considering a Graupner, I believe I would go with the 32. If I was on a budget and the lower cost of the 16 was a big factor, I'd wait and see what the cost and ease of installation are for the add-on MP3, 2'nd RF and bluetooth modules are.

I'm guessing that once the initial new transmitter buying frenzy ends, the 16's price should drop (or at least come with a add-on module of your choice)
Old 02-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Joined May 2016
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRhays View Post

If your set on the 24, for $60 more, I think I'd go with the 24 pro. You get an extra 6 channel receiver (although the V2 comes with a 12 channel instead of an 8), aluminum gimbals and a bigger battery.

Just realize all the complaints Fenton and Closet (although minor) are legitimate. The 32 and new 16 (apparently) do a lot to nullify these complaints. The screen on the 32/16 is 100x's better than the 24's and the gimbals aren't as loose with the stock springs. The 32 also has a better speaker.

If none of that bothers you, the 24 pro/ or V2 are great deals for what you get. The 24 Pro feels real nice in my hands and is really easy to use. The model set-up wizard makes set-up a breeze
Old 02-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by Gadget
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by closetguy View Post
I am new to the 24 Pro,only four flights with it now.But I like it,and will never be able to use the full potential of the radio.It feels good in your hands, like a Colt 45 auto does. I'm a computer idiot and it's one of the easiest basic set up radio's to use. The ONLY fault I can find is the stick tension is a little lite,even when tighten all the way.And it's German made.

Graupner sells heavier springs. Search for gimbal springs in the search bar on their main page.

https://www.graupnerusa.com/search.a...gimbal+springs

I installed a set of medium springs and have been very happy with them.
Gadget is offline Find More Posts by Gadget
Old 02-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Joined Jul 2006
4,615 Posts
Thanks for the link,just ordered a medium set.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric D View Post
I'm guessing that once the initial new transmitter buying frenzy ends, the 16's price should drop
the Futaba 16 was $700 prior to the introdruction of Trump's taxe but now it's $820
that is the real reason why Graupner is asking $750 for the mz-24 V3. + an extra cost for further software upgrade to turn it into a mz-16 PRO
another crap marketing strategy that makes this brand not interesting for the average user.
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 03-21-2019, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,746 Posts
How does this radio compare to the Futaba 18sz? I like what I am seeing from Graupner.
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Old 03-23-2019, 08:06 AM
Find More Posts by Stangflyer
Gimmie the sticks-I'll fly it.
United States, ID, Meridian
Joined Dec 2012
1,026 Posts
I am loving my MZ32. I have found it has more functions and capabilities than I will ever be able to use. They, (Graupner) says, "if you can think it, the MZ32 can and will do it"). I fully believe this. My son and I both bought the MZ24 a couple of years ago, and though I just couldn't acclimate to it at the time, My son kept his and upgraded it to the pro series. (I've not had any problems getting my hands around the 32 however. It just "fits' my gloves. LOL.) He (my son) loves his MZ24 as much as we both love our new 32's. I think what I have noticed far above any other radio I have owned, (Futaba, JR, not had a Spektrum yet) it has just about the smoothest gimbles I have ever laid a thumb to. It is very exciting to "feel" your control inputs translate to pure liquid control movements on your plane. My primary "shove" to buy the 32 was for the Don Smith Mustang I am building. I wanted a radio that had more capabilities and channel choices than I previously had available with my original system. And something I could use multiple receivers with due to the design of the plane.

If Hitec had not bailed on producing their new Aurora 16, I would have never jumped ship from the Aurora. Solidly the most user friendly radio I have ever used. And not to mention utterly the most dependable. Now, I am glad they did. I love the MZ32. It is every bit as amazing as it has been marketed to be.
Stangflyer is offline Find More Posts by Stangflyer
Old 03-23-2019, 08:32 AM
Joined Jul 2006
4,615 Posts
I hear you I had the Aurora ever sense they came out,but it went south along with three planes.I didn't think there would be a easier radio to program but I was wrong the MZ24 Pro is just as easy if not easier. It is everything you say it is I would just be repeating your words.It was worth the complete system change over from the Hitec.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,746 Posts
Thanks for the input while I still use and like my JR xg11, its getting dated. Having spent the time and $$$ moving over to JR DMSS will Graupner be around long-term? Its a lot of time and effort to change radio systems.

12 or 16 channels is plenty for me - do I buy the mz24 pro or this new mz16?

Just noticed that I can get a free Graupner MP3 player with the mz16. Dumb question why do I want it?
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Last edited by 5150flyer; 03-25-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Quick Reply