logo

Robinhood 80 from Old School Model Works

The Robinhood 80 is based on the original kit marketed by World Engines in the 1980s, but we have updated it significantly to more closely resemble the Curtiss Robin built back in the 1920s.

Splash

Robinhood 80

From Mark Lanterman

Were introducing the latest in our line of kits that you can not only build and fly successfully, but personalize them to your own taste. Were continuing to bring back great designs from the past and rework them to incorporate modern, laser-cut techniques to make kit building better than ever. All of our kits are made right here in the USA.

Our Robinhood 80 is based on the original kit marketed by World Engines in the 1980s, but we have updated it significantly to more closely resemble the Curtiss Robin built back in the 1920s. While still a fun-scale design, it is easy to build and retains all of the great flying characteristics that make a good sport airplane.

In the air, the Robinhood 80 is a true barnstormer and is at it's best when cruising on a lazy afternoon or performing some gentle aerobatics.

Power can be from 20cc gas, .90-1.50 glow or an equivalent electric setup. We've designed the fuselage with a built-in hatches so you have quick access to your fuel (or batteries) and and radio system.

All of the formers, ribs, tips and other specialty parts come laser-cut. These pieces are engineered to fit together with a minimum amount of tools and/or jigs to align properly them.

The fuselage can be built as an inline version (as shown) or with a slightly shorter nose if youre rather install your own radial engine for that classic look.

Utilizing our unique WEB-LOCK construction, you can build both wing panels straight and true - with a minimum amount of fuss. Both wing panels are removable for easy transportation and storage, attaching to the fuselage with functional struts and a few bolts.

Included in each Old School Model Works kit are full-sized rolled plans, a printed construction manual, pre-bent main gear, hand-selected balsa and ply woods, and a premium hardware package from brand-name, USA manufacturers (DuBro, Sonic-Tronics, and others) to guarantee the best quality.

Whats more is you can cover and finish your Robinhood 80 like you want, rather than being stuck with a "me-too" offering that look exactly the same as the others at your local field.

Specifications:

• Wingspan: 80 inches
  • Wing Area: 1120 sq. inches
  • Length (airframe only): 58 inches
  • Weight: 4.5 lbs. (framed), 8-10 lbs.(rtf)
  • Radio: 4 channel
  • Retail Price - $199.95

Photos

Available from:
  • Old School Model Works

• 7414 Burton Drive
  • Liberty Township, OH 45044
  • www.oldschoolmodels.com
  • 513-755-7494
  • Last edited by Jim T. Graham; 04-03-2019 at 11:14 AM..
    Old 04-03-2019, 05:54 PM
    Find More Posts by WangoTango
    Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
    Joined Feb 2007
    4,835 Posts
    Toledo?

Gonna have one at Toledo?
    WT
    WangoTango is online now Find More Posts by WangoTango
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
    Old 04-04-2019, 08:15 PM
    Find More Posts by mrbigg
    Scratch Building ARF Assembler
    Illinois
    Joined Jan 2006
    400 Posts
    I was about 14 when I walk into John Alleman’s hobby shop in Ottawa, Illinois. He owned the Ottawa Greenhouse and lived next door. He had an old trailer in the back that was a hobby shop. He eventually built one on top of the greenhouse. Anyways, my first time there, I’m in awe of the cool engines and kits. I walk around the corner and see this big plane on the wall. I was pretty exited. John tells me it’s a Robinhood and he drops parachutes and candy from it. The fuse was covered in a medium blue and the wings in a see through orange. Gas engine on the front. I’ve always wanted that plane. Seeing yours in pretty much the same scheme brought back some good memories. Your kit is on my must have list.
    mrbigg is offline Find More Posts by mrbigg
    Old 04-05-2019, 12:07 PM
    Find More Posts by torquen
    Lodi, Ca. USA
    Joined Jan 2006
    1,566 Posts
    I had an original about 23 years ago. Was covered in solartext. Green fuse with a bright orange wing. If I remember correctly I had a quadra 35 with a spring starter.
    I could slip it down the runway at almost full power in the most twisted high alpha slip I’ve seen.
    Ended up selling it a few years later.
    Garrett Morrison
    torquen is online now Find More Posts by torquen
    Old 04-05-2019, 10:41 PM
    Find More Posts by pawnshopmike
    United States, MO, Sullivan
    Joined Jul 2011
    1,184 Posts
    I picked up an original Robinhood 99 kit a couple years ago. It was a lot of fun to build and it flys great.
    pawnshopmike is offline Find More Posts by pawnshopmike
    Old 04-06-2019, 06:44 AM
    Find More Posts by Mitsu1
    United States, AR, Maumelle
    Joined Jun 2006
    571 Posts
    One of our older club members built a Robinhood 99, with a Maloney 100 on it back in the 80's. Flew that thing right into the pits and crashed! Big wing hit and knocked out another old codger, while the engine smashed the guys transmitter to smitherines!!! No one was hurt, thankfully. Wasn't funny then, ... but it sure is now!!!
    Mitsu1 is offline Find More Posts by Mitsu1
    Old 04-16-2019, 01:52 PM
    Find More Posts by clpahodges
    Retired and loving it
    United States, FL, St Augustine
    Joined Jul 2010
    261 Posts
    I have mine pre-ordered already. Going to cover it with Koverall and paint it with Brodak dope. Engine will be an OS22GT.

Hope it gets here soon.

Bill Hodges
    clpahodges is offline Find More Posts by clpahodges

Quick Reply