logo

Pro Tune Stick

Here's a cool accessory that will make tuning your engines so much more enjoyable. You'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

Splash

The Ultimate Tuning Accessory

Here's a cool accessory that will make tuning your engines so much more enjoyable. It includes instructions on how to tune your engine and you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. Here's more info from the manufacturer.

"Are you tired of tuning your expensive gas engine with that screwdriver that never fits correctly in the High and Low carburetor adjustment screw's?

Can't hold it steady while you tune with the engine running? Having a difficult time keeping it in the slot? Can't remember how many turns you've made? We've been there. We know that you have spent big bucks on your plane, what's another few dollars for the right tool for the job?

This is why you need this pro tool in your shop or tool kit. Tuning is an art , and you wouldn't paint a picture with a crappy brush would you? The PROTUNE STICK is made from high Quality rubberized brass tubing with an ergonomic thumb knob for exceptional grip and feel. The highly visible jeweled graduated dial indicator will help you with knowing how many turns you've actually made and make your tuning more accurate. The internal slotted driver cupped by brass tubing makes for a perfect fit over the High and Low end tuning screws."

Check out the Pro Tune Stick Here

Old 06-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by dbishw92
United States, IL, Donovan
Joined Dec 2014
274 Posts
I see you can get custom lengths but how long is the $19.95 one ?
dbishw92 is offline Find More Posts by dbishw92
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by highonthai
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2014
181 Posts
Hello,
It's 10" long from tip to tip.
We can also make you a custom length one from 2" to 12" long.
Thanks for your interest
Scott
highonthai is offline Find More Posts by highonthai
Old 06-03-2019, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,748 Posts
Nice
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Old 06-03-2019, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Electric Powered!
United States, GA, Buchanan
Joined Jan 2008
720 Posts
So does it attach to your plane or you just use it when you need to adjust ?
Pretty awesome looking either way.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old 06-04-2019, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by klowy
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2010
17 Posts
Great concept. Up to what angle will it work, approx or does it need to be a straight shot? On the 200/222 sometimes it’s tight even with a narrow screwdriver to get to the needles. Thx
klowy is offline Find More Posts by klowy
Old 06-04-2019, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by highonthai
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2014
181 Posts
Guys,
Thanks for your interest.
This PRO TUNE SICK is best used with a straight shot, although it can be used on a slight angle due to the cupping feature.
However, we do have a prototype we are working on that has a universal joint built in to use with those hard to get to angles.
Stay TUNED.......
highonthai is offline Find More Posts by highonthai
Old 06-05-2019, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by Kevin K
WI
Joined Jun 2007
637 Posts
Looks nice, although still the problem is how to get the devise over the carb screws when the prop is whirling. In a typical situation you can't even see the carb screws without getting your eyeball real close to the prop.
Kevin K is offline Find More Posts by Kevin K
Old 06-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Looks nice, although still the problem is how to get the devise over the carb screws when the prop is whirling. In a typical situation you can't even see the carb screws without getting your eyeball real close to the prop.

I never got a answer if you just stick it in the hole and use it to tune or if its made to fasten to the fuse and just gives you something to grap and tune with.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
United States, FL, Center Hill
Joined Jul 2014
1,989 Posts
The Pro Tune Stick does not attach to the plane. It is, simply put, a fancy screw driver that will stay on the needle. Best thing to do is make a tube to go from the cowl to the screws. If one make's this tube just big enough for the stick at the cowl but flair it to an oval at the needles one can feel which needle by the tube. I have one and it works extremely well with a tube not to easy without the tube but it is doable.
acerc is offline Find More Posts by acerc
Old 06-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerc View Post
The Pro Tune Stick does not attach to the plane. It is, simply put, a fancy screw driver that will stay on the needle. Best thing to do is make a tube to go from the cowl to the screws. If one make's this tube just big enough for the stick at the cowl but flair it to an oval at the needles one can feel which needle by the tube. I have one and it works extremely well with a tube not to easy without the tube but it is doable.
Thank you for clearing that up.. I was thinking it might be like in the old glow days when we would attach copper tubes and different things to make the needle valve longer and easier to tune.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
United States, FL, Center Hill
Joined Jul 2014
1,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Thank you for clearing that up.. I was thinking it might be like in the old glow days when we would attach copper tubes and different things to make the needle valve longer and easier to tune.
You can do that as well. I had one that I drilled a small hole in the tip of the needle's and JB'ed a piece of wire in. The wires stuck out of the cowl and had a 1/2" bent to a 45, worked fantastic. Only problem is once it has been final tuned, unlike glow, the needles never need to be touched again. So I like this method better, a small hole in the cowl, a piece of tube glued in, tune and go fly.
acerc is offline Find More Posts by acerc
Old 06-13-2019, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by jharkin
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Jul 2007
527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerc View Post
This is what I do... the old style orange McDonalds soda straws where big enough to fit over walbro carb screw so I glue them onto a block o f wood attached to the firewall and use as a tunnel to guide a long screwdriver.
jharkin is offline Find More Posts by jharkin
Old 06-14-2019, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by waldo3690
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2009
70 Posts
I had to buy one just to check it out.
But I made mine 10 years ago.
Not that differant.
waldo3690 is offline Find More Posts by waldo3690
Old 06-16-2019, 05:01 AM
Find More Posts by slothead
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Dec 2009
109 Posts
so do people who bought this one and need a flexible one get a discount on the new style one or will there be a retro fit kit either way i payed $20.00 for a tool that is useless at this point to me.
slothead is offline Find More Posts by slothead

Quick Reply