logo
Old 08-11-2019, 06:52 AM
Find More Posts by yakdriver
Joined Jun 2019
64 Posts
When using three scales to weigh the airplane remember you must have it in flying attitude. That means the rear scale needs to be blocked up so the fuselage is level. Then you have to establish a datum point. On full scale airplanes it is usually the tip of the spinner but can be anywhere. Supercubs have the datum at the leading edge. I'm sure Jake is using the same formula that we use on the full scale.A lot more accurate than the old fingers under the wing. Get those videos Jake, I'd like to see it flying.
yakdriver is offline Find More Posts by yakdriver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-12-2019, 05:34 PM
Find More Posts by Billy J
Joined Sep 2012
80 Posts
awesome work
Billy J is offline Find More Posts by Billy J
Old 08-12-2019, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by spookyeng
Kelhar Designs
United States, ID, Meridian
Joined Jun 2006
995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakdriver View Post
Any way to make a scale tire? This will give you an excuse to come over and see it.
I am sure I could figure something out! Let me know when you get it and I will make my way down Don. Talk soon!

Jason
spookyeng is offline Find More Posts by spookyeng
Old 08-13-2019, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by NANDOJ
Brasil, SP, Itu
Joined Oct 2006
38 Posts
NANDOJ

vídeo of flight... ????
NANDOJ is offline Find More Posts by NANDOJ
Old 08-13-2019, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Feb 2016
456 Posts
I am putting a Moki 250 in mine. What is everyone using for a prop? Scale is a two blade I believe, but I hear the SEP 32-18 which I use on my current Moki is too long and not the right "scale prop" and ground clearance may be an issue too. What is everyone planning to use?
Renegadeflyer is offline Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
Old 08-13-2019, 07:23 PM
Joined Jun 2019
64 Posts
Mine arrived today. Really good looking now that I have my hands on it. I'm actually going to use a DLE 120 twin on mine. I want mine to fly scale as the videos I have seen the Moki hauls it around like a pattern ship. As for props the T-6 had a 110" prop on it and that translates to 27". The Moki uses a 32" and My DLE a 26". The full scale will not do a loop from level cruise you have to dive a little bit to get the correct entry speed. And if it isn't enough I have a DLE 170 sitting here.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by dshriver
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Oct 2014
1,165 Posts
Maybe the Moki 180 would be a better fit. It turns a 28x14
dshriver is offline Find More Posts by dshriver
Old 08-13-2019, 09:15 PM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts
Yes it needs a Moki or the New UMS motors, Your doing your self an injustice with a 2 stroke twin You need MOKI music
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Old 08-14-2019, 06:59 AM
Joined Jun 2019
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
Yes it needs a Moki or the New UMS motors, Your doing your self an injustice with a 2 stroke twin You need MOKI music
I don't know why. Just for the sound? It doesn't look right in the airplane as the T-6 has a 9 cylinder radial. I will have a 3D printed 1340 in front of the engine. I can afford a Moki but I'm not willing to spend 4 times the money for sound. Anyway we'll see how it flies. It is easy to change engines. I'll start another thread as I'm painting mine so prping it without sanding all the rivets of is going to be a challenge.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Feb 2016
456 Posts
I think the 120cc will be plenty of power. The Moki 250 is way more than it needs, but, the weight will be a problem. With a 120 you will have to add a ton of weight to the tail or move everything way back. Even with a Moki 250 guys are adding a little bit of weight in the tail. Not sure about a Moki 180 how that would fit or balance.
Renegadeflyer is offline Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
Old 08-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Mine arrived today. Really good looking now that I have my hands on it. I'm actually going to use a DLE 120 twin on mine. I want mine to fly scale as the videos I have seen the Moki hauls it around like a pattern ship. As for props the T-6 had a 110" prop on it and that translates to 27". The Moki uses a 32" and My DLE a 26". The full scale will not do a loop from level cruise you have to dive a little bit to get the correct entry speed. And if it isn't enough I have a DLE 170 sitting here.
are you running a 3 blade on your DLE or are you looking for huge RPM? the 120 easily will swing a 27-29" prop... unless you have HUGE pitch
Carruthers43 is offline Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Old 08-14-2019, 08:20 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadeflyer View Post
I think the 120cc will be plenty of power. The Moki 250 is way more than it needs, but, the weight will be a problem. With a 120 you will have to add a ton of weight to the tail or move everything way back. Even with a Moki 250 guys are adding a little bit of weight in the tail. Not sure about a Moki 180 how that would fit or balance.
your statement is confusing... the DLE is way lighter than the moki... if anything he will need weight in the nose not the tail... it might work out well
Old 08-14-2019, 09:03 AM
Joined Jun 2019
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers43 View Post
your statement is confusing... the DLE is way lighter than the moki... if anything he will need weight in the nose not the tail... it might work out well
DLE swings a 26x10 prop. Doesn't matter what it weighs as you need to balance the airplane. I want a nice scale flying airplane. In the videos I have seen the plane is way overpowered and flies like a pattern ship not a T-6. The T-6 (SNJ) is me flying my airplane.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:08 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,552 Posts
Quote:
DLE swings a 26x10 prop. Doesn't matter what it weighs as you need to balance the airplane. I want a nice scale flying airplane. In the videos I have seen the plane is way overpowered and flies like a pattern ship not a T-6. The T-6 (SNJ) is me flying my airplane.
im really looking at the AT-6 but my DLE120 swings a 29x9 and i have flown it with a 28x10... a 26x10 is not near enough prop... it will make a ton of noise and not go anywhere
Old 08-14-2019, 09:11 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,552 Posts
Quote:
yes to balance with an engine that weighs less than the big radial you will need weight in the nose or no weight at all... think about it with the moki 250 they are adding 1 ounce to the tail... the 250 weighs 11lbs the 120 weighs 6lbs... that is a 5lbs difference.. there is no way in the world you would ever add tail weight

Quick Reply