logo
Old 07-07-2019, 01:35 PM
Find More Posts by parkjnl
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2015
15 Posts
Discussion
JR xg14 flap programming question

I am trying to set up aileron and elevator trims for each flap position and cannot figure out how.
For example I need just a touch of left aileron and down elevator when deploying the flaps to half and just a touch more when going to full flap
I thought a custom mix would do it but I can only get it to work on position 2 of the flap switch. I am using a 3 position switch to actuate the flaps
Position 0 up 1 half 2 full
Ideas?
Thanks all!
parkjnl is offline Find More Posts by parkjnl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by Kiva Flyer
New Mexico
Joined Sep 2007
422 Posts
If you activated the Flap System when you set up the model, the ability to trim aileron and elevator is part of the initial flap settings. You have to go to Flap System in the Function List and tweak the settings there. Take a look at the attached page from the manual.
Kiva Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Kiva Flyer
Old 07-07-2019, 07:18 PM
Find More Posts by parkjnl
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2015
15 Posts
Thanks Kiva!
Needed the extra push and found it!
By your name I hope I'll see in you in Abq this October
parkjnl is offline Find More Posts by parkjnl
Old 07-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Find More Posts by AWorrest
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Nov 2008
460 Posts
Until one is familiar with the Trim-In feature, the safest way to add aileron and elevator trims to the FLAP SYS is to inhibit Trim-In under each axis and by trial and error guess at what the settings should be. Trim-In is somewhat a misnomer. It has nothing to do with the normal trim system. When it is activated, the designated trim lever is disconnected from the normal trim system and is used to adjust the setting in the FLAP SYS menu. This way the setting can be adjusted in flight. With the Trim-In active, the lever will have two to five times more range than when it was used for ordinary trim.

Trim-In is a handy feature that I would to have seen on more menus but it can cause big problems if one doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest

Quick Reply