logo
Old 08-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by Rfabbre
Roseville CA
Joined Apr 2007
43 Posts
Discussion
Spektrum AR8010T

I just got a new 8010 and have found that the slots where the servos plug in are too tight. To get the servos in I have to trim the sides and diagonals slightly by scraping with an Exacto. That's a big pain.
I also understand several of you have had the same problem.
Today I called Horizon and they said this was the first complaint they have heard.
If you have had this problem please call or email them and tell them about the problem. That's the only way we will ever get it fixed for future users.
Thanx for your help.
Rfabbre is offline Find More Posts by Rfabbre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-02-2019, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
2,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfabbre View Post
I just got a new 8010 and have found that the slots where the servos plug in are too tight. To get the servos in I have to trim the sides and diagonals slightly by scraping with an Exacto. That's a big pain.
I also understand several of you have had the same problem.
Today I called Horizon and they said this was the first complaint they have heard.
If you have had this problem please call or email them and tell them about the problem. That's the only way we will ever get it fixed for future users.
Thanx for your help.

Calling is a waste of time as they are well aware of the issues but are just trying to put a spin on it. This receiver isn't the only one that has this issue. There are also numerous other issue like failed RF modules ( I had 3) and broken thumb wheels on all DX transmitters that use them (I know of at least 10 club members that sent in transmitters for, these issues) and Horizon ALWAYS says " This is the first I've EVER heard of this issue". They always fix the issue promptly, but they always deny anyone else is having these well known issues.. If they didn't issue a specific recall, as far as they are concerned the problem doesn't exist..

Don't get me wrong, I like Horizon and Spektrum just fine, it's just that they are in total denial about issues that everyone knows about..
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 08-02-2019, 07:53 PM
Find More Posts by Rfabbre
Roseville CA
Joined Apr 2007
43 Posts
Not surprising---
Rfabbre is offline Find More Posts by Rfabbre
Old 08-03-2019, 10:47 AM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,086 Posts
Here's a recent one of many threads citing this issue. It's just something that Horizon/Spektrum simply wants to pretend is not a problem when you call, so that they can shift the blame onto the user. I sold my (3)AR8010T's when I sold my DX18G2.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...r#post39393360
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Last edited by RCAddiction; 08-03-2019 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply