logo
This thread is privately moderated by jmatusic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:05 AM
Find More Posts by jmatusic
Trader Rating: 1
United States, VA, Culpeper
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
$1,200.00 USD
Will not ship
For Sale
Yellow Aircraft Spitfire

Beautiful museum quality Spitfire. G38 motor. Looks like itís never been flown. Bought from Dave Z five and a half years ago and displayed in my house since then. 90 inch WS, 81 inches long. Has wingtip and tail non functioning lights. Rivet detail, access hatches and slight weathering with cockpit kit and hand painted pilot. A beautiful plane. Comes with demo five blade prop and spinner.
Iíll see if I can link Daveís original ad for his pictures.
Buyer changed his mind. All airtronics gear replaced with Hitec servos with metal gears on ailerons and rudder. Willing to drive a few hours to help deliver at asking price.
jmatusic is offline Find More Posts by jmatusic
Last edited by jmatusic; 10-20-2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Lower price
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-07-2019, 09:11 AM
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
Dave’s original post with more pictures. I gave away the old radio that came with the plane.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...U#post27335437
Old 08-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by Ernie P.
Trader Rating: 4
Flyin' Around
United States, VA, Bealeton
Joined Jan 2009
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Sir; is this plane RTF? If not, when was the engine last run and the servos cycled? Thanks; Ernie P.
Ernie P. is offline Find More Posts by Ernie P.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:50 PM
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
Plane has not been flown, motor looks new, exhaust tubes clean, air system lines look very fresh, like new, gear has been cycled on 7 nov 19. It’s in new, unflown condition, just a beautiful, clean, meticulously built airplane. If you plan to fly her, You’ll need to install a new receiver and battery. I can include a JR or Spektrum receiver if you need one.
Thanks for your interest. Nice that you’re local, I’d be glad to show her to you.
Joe
Last edited by jmatusic; 11-08-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:59 PM
Find More Posts by greygoose
Trader Rating: 10
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Nov 2010
24 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
guys I have the same plane with the g38 and it flys great with that motor , mine belonged to my father who passed several years ago and I just started going thru it this past week , carb kit, replaced the fuel system, fixed all the air leaks in the retracts, and replaced a few servos with a new battery pack , I'm in no rush and waiting on a perfect fall day to take it out for a flight in his honor

whoever gets this one will surly be happy with it as the submarine color and build looks stunning
greygoose is offline Find More Posts by greygoose
Old 08-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
Dads plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
guys I have the same plane with the g38 and it flys great with that motor , mine belonged to my father who passed several years ago and I just started going thru it this past week , carb kit, replaced the fuel system, fixed all the air leaks in the retracts, and replaced a few servos with a new battery pack , I'm in no rush and waiting on a perfect fall day to take it out for a flight in his honor
Greygoose, itís great that you have your Dadís plane and youíll get her back in the air. Both my Sons share my love of these things as well as my three Grandsons. I know youíll be remembering him when you have your hands deep into messing with his plane just like he did. I have a wooden handled screw driver hand me down from my Dad that I treasure. Good luck with your project.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:10 PM
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
Dads plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post

whoever gets this one will surly be happy with it as the submarine color and build looks stunning
Wow, sheís a gem. Wish my build table was as neat.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by Shaun Evans
Trader Rating: 0
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2019
18 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Pleeeeeeaaaase ship????
Shaun Evans is offline Find More Posts by Shaun Evans