logo

Tiger 30cc ARF - 90" (HAN2370)

For the balsa enthusiast, the new Hangar 9 Tiger 30cc delivers the classic looks and performance of the popular Tiger series in a larger 30cc platform for common gas engines and electric power systems.

Splash

Hangar 9 Tiger 30cc

For the balsa enthusiast, the new Hangar 9 Tiger 30cc delivers the classic looks and performance of the popular Tiger series in a larger 30cc platform for common gas engines and electric power systems. Taking its cues from the Tigers of old, this sport plane is streamlined with a complete fiberglass cowl requiring no additional work to get ready for the runway. A smart red, white, and blue color scheme highlights the modern sport plane's looks with nods to its rich past.

Hangar 9 Tiger 30cc ARF Airplane (3 min 41 sec)

Bigger than the Tigers of yesterday, it only needs a 30cc-class gas/petrol engine to deliver outstanding performance. Lightweight design, combined with high-grade balsa and plywood construction, is used with laser accuracy to provide everything you could want in a giant scale sport model. The large canopy hatch provides easy access to radio gear, batteries and fuel system while the pre-hinge control surfaces save you time when building. The bolt-on two-piece wings provide easy transportation and handling. If you're looking for a big sport airplane with ties to the radio control flying past and can do it all with a modern flair, the Tiger 30cc airplane is for you.

The Tiger 30cc ARF is part of the complete line of top-quality Hangar 9® aircraft and accessories. All are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials. Plus, every Hangar 9 product comes with the after-sale service and technical support you need to succeed.

Features

• Lightweight balsa and plywood construction for a strong and lightweight airframe
  • Fiberglass cowl requires no finishing by the customer
  • One-piece painted aluminum landing gear attaches to the fuselage
  • Finished fiberglass wheel pants matches the covering perfectly
  • Large canopy hatch provides easy access to radio gear, batteries, and fuel system
  • Bolt-on two-piece wings for easy transportation and handling
  • Steerable tail wheel
  • Taildragger gear configuration
  • Clear canopy
  • Full-span ailerons with the option for functional flaps
  • Pre-hinge control surfaces help you save on build time
  • Included decal sheet allows you to customize the look of your aircraft
  • Complete hardware package included
  • Designed to accept gas/petrol engines and electric motors

Learn More

Head to Horizon Hobby for pricing and more info!

Old 09-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2015
556 Posts
Very cool!
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019, 01:08 AM
Find More Posts by FedexTim
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jun 2019
2 Posts
Low wing 30cc Avistar most same components - wing , rudder, elevator, cowl similar fuse ...very cool , I'll be purchasing one !!
FedexTim is offline Find More Posts by FedexTim
Old 09-04-2019, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
United States, MD, Parkton
Joined Jun 2008
1,162 Posts
Is that a "Flap" on the inside of the aileron?
Flybye Steve is offline Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
Old 09-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar 9
Joined Jan 2016
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybye Steve View Post
Is that a "Flap" on the inside of the aileron?
Flaps are built in as an option.
Out of the box they come joined to the Aileron. The builder decides if they want to leave them as they are and run full span aileron. Or cut them free and install two more servos and have flaps?

Regards Ali
Ali Machinchy is offline Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Old 09-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by iflyos
Whaddya mean "Upside Down?"
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Apr 2006
575 Posts
LOVE IT! The Tigers were/are great sport and second planes..I always thought a giant scale Tiger would be a blast...way to go HH!
iflyos is offline Find More Posts by iflyos
Old 09-04-2019, 08:54 PM
Find More Posts by cbcalhoun
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Oct 2011
27 Posts
Hope we can get some GreatPlanes back instock soon. Need some replacement pieces.
cbcalhoun is offline Find More Posts by cbcalhoun
Old 09-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by J.Paul
Balsa dust!
Chile, Región del Bío Bío, Concepcion
Joined Apr 2006
74 Posts
That looks like a semi-symmetrical airfoil...???
It seems some of the "roar" could be missing... ...the old, small one was fully symmetrical.
J.Paul is offline Find More Posts by J.Paul
Old 09-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
United States, MD, Parkton
Joined Jun 2008
1,162 Posts
Very Nice Ali. Can't believe that hasn't been done on a lot of other models. Flaps can be a lot of fun and in some cases very helpful on short runways. Kudos to you Ali
Flybye Steve is offline Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
Old 09-05-2019, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
1,492 Posts
Great job Ali! Love bringing back a classic in a great size! Might need one to go with my valiant
Carruthers43 is offline Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Old 09-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
4,680 Posts
It looks like this plane is built by the same builder that made many of the Great Planes ARFs. I noted the Monokote covering, hardware and general construction methods. Apparently Horizon has maintained a relation with this builder after the Great Planes / Hobbico takeover. Any chance we will see some of the other popular Great Planes ARFs reappear?
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 09-05-2019, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2015
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckracer View Post
It looks like this plane is built by the same builder that made many of the Great Planes ARFs. I noted the Monokote covering, hardware and general construction methods. Apparently Horizon has maintained a relation with this builder after the Great Planes / Hobbico takeover. Any chance we will see some of the other popular Great Planes ARFs reappear?
I mentioned the same thing in the thread on RC Groups. Clearly has the GP lineage. Probably was something that was already in development? Not sure what factory they have building it. I thought I heard that they lost the one that was doing a large portion of the bigger GP models.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old 09-06-2019, 01:09 AM
Find More Posts by CHUCK
TUCSON,AZ.
Joined Oct 2006
1,170 Posts
This is awesome
CHUCK is offline Find More Posts by CHUCK
Old 09-06-2019, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar 9
Joined Jan 2016
311 Posts
Thanks guys, but I cant take much credit for this one. It is a project that has been in development for a long time. Long before we ( Horizon Hobby ) bought what was left of Hobbico. I just made a few changes and finished the project off.
I would be proud of it if I were the lead developer. It is a really good flying and honest plane. A lot more fun than I expected it to be.!
This is an existing vendor that carried over from the Hobbico days. In fact. It is the last vendor who produced wood arf's for them that is still in business.
We are working hard to keep this wood arf business alive. But trust me. I see the real life sales numbers and costs and complications in making wood ARF's. Dating back to "the good ol Hobbico days" No one wants to keep wood ARF's alive more than me. Not only am I a life long RC flyer ( Like many of you reading this ) I am also a fan of many an old ARF classic design. Oh. I almost forgot to mention that my livelihood depends on it!
However. Working on the inside has opened my eyes to many fundamental truths about what has to happen for a business to stay afloat and profitable when producing wood ARF's
Simple fact is. Even if we had the vendors available. Which there simply isn't!!! Just in the past 4 years that I have been a PD I can think of 5 very big players in the wood ARF producing business that have closed their doors and stopped producing.
Even if there were the vendors. The fact is.... keeping older and less popular ARF's in production actually ends up costing the parent company money. It's a sad fact and I know one that gets some people quite riled up, but it's just not possible to keep every ARF going or bring every ARF back. It will be interesting to watch the Tiger 30cc and see how well it does in today's market place??
Regards Ali
Ali Machinchy is offline Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Old 09-06-2019, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by KMatch
United States, TX, Bay City
Joined Nov 2016
532 Posts
Perhaps focusing more on marketing these and similar and less on foam throw-away planes for newbies? I'm well aware you fish where the money is, but to shift more focus on these just might make the foam fliers aware of something to look forward to.
KMatch is online now Find More Posts by KMatch

Quick Reply