Trader Rating: 29
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Jul 2012
106 Posts
Rant
FAKE CLONES of RCGF engines being sold by former dealer

Hello Customers and Friends,
This 15% discount on all XXXXRCGF engines is to celebrate the Merging of XXRC and the RCGF factory in China. All engines manufactured from this factory will now be called XXXXRCGF engines. From this date forward all engines from our factory will have XXXX on the engine. If it does not you may have an older engine. Pass this info on to any dealer you may know and have them call us to become a dealer. (end quote). To put it mildly Falsehood, lies and deceit. I have called him out and gone straight to this business owner, he answered me several times with what I expected him to say. Denial and personal insults, void of any factual answers which I can only draw one conclusion he knows he/they are in the wrong.

FAKE CLONES xxxx/RCGF engines imposters/clones are out there claiming to be & saying they are RCGF or adding their company name onto RCGF brand SAYING RCGF contacted them to be their distributor it's an outright LIE. nor did any merge take place also a LIE these engines ARE fake counterfeit clones. This has been going on since April of 2019 ever since they were removed (intentionally) from being a dealer due to copyright infringement, and other violations, a cease and desist order has been issued but not exactly sure of the date, maybe a month ago. Intentionally, willfully trying to hurt the brand. Not to mention the end user thinking they are getting a true McCoy RCGF engine. Beware Master con artist is on the move now setting up a 2nd location in Indiana, trying to pawn off as many of these bogus engines has he can.

For those wishing to turn this into a squabble or defend this action taken by this pirate company please do your due diligence FIRST! "FACT" CHECK BEFORE HAND PLEASE! This for the last 6 months give or take has been a tangled web of lies and deceit and hard to decifer truth from fiction. I'm NOT posting this as a vendetta or for my health, simply defending the brand name RCGF which is solely owned by ZHEJIANG RCGF MODEL CO.,LTD for over 12+ years. Their was a tread on FG a few months back about this very topic but mysteriously vanished??
ibcinyourc is offline Find More Posts by ibcinyourc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by rmyers719
Trader Rating: 0
RGM
United States, CO, Pueblo
Joined Oct 2011
127 Posts
rmyers719 is offline Find More Posts by rmyers719
Old 09-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Trader Rating: 2
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
2,512 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Wow....stuff like this can't be good for thoes involved or for the Hobby we love.
ponyboy082662 is online now Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Old 09-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by ibcinyourc
Joined Jul 2012
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy082662 View Post
Wow....stuff like this can't be good for thoes involved or for the Hobby we love.
So true!
Old 09-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
Trader Rating: 23
United States, NJ, Penns Grove
Joined Dec 2015
1,150 Posts
I’m not taking sides... but I don’t see how someone could just hop on the RCGF train and say I’m just gonna throw my company name in here and claim they are mine... without serious repercussions! And when I read your ads you say our engines.. do you mean that like you are part owner or are you referring to your website?
3DJP is offline Find More Posts by 3DJP
Old 09-08-2019, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Trader Rating: 18
Joined Mar 2010
4,120 Posts
i'll make this really easy...I won't buy an engine that doesn't start with D.
FGNewbie is online now Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Old 09-08-2019, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by ibcinyourc
Joined Jul 2012
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DJP View Post
I’m not taking sides... but I don’t see how someone could just hop on the RCGF train and say I’m just gonna throw my company name in here and claim they are mine... without serious repercussions! And when I read your ads you say our engines.. do you mean that like you are part owner or are you referring to your website?
I can understand your point of view but they did exactly that in their own words, repercussions hopefully so, as I already mentioned a cease-and-desist order has been issued. No I’m not part owner in anyway shape or form nor have I ever implied this. But I am an authorized dealer for their product
Old 09-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by catfish2
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Oct 2008
104 Posts
Wow. You didn't get enough when you bashed your competitor the first time around and had to rehash this subject again?

We need positive news and threads on our shrinking hobby not this rehashed unprovable carp.
catfish2 is offline Find More Posts by catfish2
Old 09-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Find More Posts by Swampflier
Costa Rica, San Josť Province, San Josť
Joined Feb 2007
175 Posts
From what I know, (and having bought engines from both vendors). RCGF had as major dealers in the USA... RCGFUSA and ValleyViewRc.
Valley view improved some designs (notably the twin 40) and some time late last years the proverbial sxxxt hit the fan.

Nowadays, ValleyView partnered with RCGF to be their distributor.
RCGFUSA, is selling engines under the Stinger (that is RCGF-Stinger) line while keeping the RCGF brand on others (stock I guess?).
The battle was quiet for a while, after The infamous thread IBC.. mentions but was renewed last week with the rcgfusa offering free engines to former customers that send their engine's serial numbers in, and are advertising again.

So, the sides have drawn the lines and without going to China it is difficult to know the copyrighted truth.

As I said, I have purchased from both with good results. ValleyView is getting my business, although not planning on buying engines soon.

Having said this... I think the thread's OP should leave the legal entities (ValleyView/RCGF And RCGFUSA) to settle this, I understand you've vested interests being a seller, but I think the legal distributors should set the record straight.

Regards,
Patrick
Swampflier is offline Find More Posts by Swampflier
Old 09-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Find More Posts by Show871
Trader Rating: 4
Joined Oct 2007
1,720 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
LOL the money is so small time on the market share these engines have why all the cut throat moves, just hurts everyone involved including the customers of the past
Show871 is offline Find More Posts by Show871
Old 09-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by MarksHangar
Trader Rating: 3
I'm just "Miss Behavin"
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined May 2014
430 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Another Sunday afternoon street fight I see...
MarksHangar is offline Find More Posts by MarksHangar
Old 09-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Trader Rating: 12
toledo ohio
Joined Jan 2009
10,519 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
Yup. Even though I might try one with a Z. Anything smaller than a 120 size I will go electric. I don't buy a lot from VVRC but I like Dennis and will support him where I can. The Chinese have been stealing the intellectual property of the US so I see this thread as completely useless. Let the market decide what is a better Chinese engine. We have a ton of alphabet soup Chinese engine to try. DLE has been around the longest and has a proven track record.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 09-08-2019, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
Joined Dec 2015
1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
So if DA does not offer the size you want what are you supposed to do?
Old 09-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
Joined Dec 2015
1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcinyourc View Post
I can understand your point of view but they did exactly that in their own words, repercussions hopefully so, as I already mentioned a cease-and-desist order has been issued. No Iím not part owner in anyway shape or form nor have I ever implied this. But I am an authorized dealer for their product
Honestly I think this kind of thread is only hurting your business and reputation... I have bought from you in the past with good results but canít say I will in the future.. I own 2 VVRC /RCGF 40ís.. one standard and one Classic.. both from VVRC and I damaged one in a wreck and Tom fixed it and sent it back to me in a week. I like the fact that he will service them if needed.. and you can call him and ask questions with no problem.. but Iím just one guy voicing my opinion and view of things.. nothing more!
Old 09-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,119 Posts
So, the engines that come from the factory upon which RCGF developed its reputation are fakes and clones? Wow.

IBCINYOURC, you continue to make only yourself look bad with these rants.
RCAddiction is online now Find More Posts by RCAddiction

Quick Reply