logo
Old 10-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Electric Powered!
United States, GA, Buchanan
Joined Jan 2008
967 Posts
Discussion
What hotels are closest to Joe nall, and when to book?

So my buddy used to go to Joe nall many many years ago and we was talking and he was shocked I never been, So well He is giving me a Birthday/Christmas gift next year to pay for my way to Joe Nall and a hotel for Friday night. he said I needed to find out the dates and find a hotel soon so can get booked.

I wanted to ask what Hotels was the closest to it, and honestly when should book? he said last time he was there they wasn't a hotel for about 20 miles. What do i need to do to prepare for Joe Nall? I have never been..

Guess I will just go as a Spectator. the website is a lil confusion. I am a AMA Member so does that mean I can get in, or do i have to register as a pilot to get in? then my woman could be my guest, as a non flying person?

It will be the biggest event I've ever been to, Ive been to SEFF in 2006. But it was/nothing like Joe Nall I know..

Thanks for any and all info anyone can give me.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-03-2019, 05:43 AM
Find More Posts by possum
United States, GA, Summerville
Joined Nov 2013
87 Posts
Chris, do yourself a favor and register as a pilot and camp at the field. ! You'll not regret it ! Being registered gives you access to every flight line as well as the pits. And staying at the field is an experience all it's own.
possum is offline Find More Posts by possum
Old 10-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Also they have these Rent an RV apps where they will bring and setup an RV for you at the event seems like a nice setup.

https://rvshare.com/
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 10-03-2019, 12:38 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
Chris, do yourself a favor and register as a pilot and camp at the field. ! You'll not regret it ! Being registered gives you access to every flight line as well as the pits. And staying at the field is an experience all it's own.
I didn't know you wasn't allowed in some places if not a pilot. so thanks for that info.
Well i don't want it to cost him anymore then it has to though hes not worried about the money i am.

I think they will be so much to look at that I just wouldn't worry about actually flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Also they have these Rent an RV apps where they will bring and setup an RV for you at the event seems like a nice setup.

https://rvshare.com/

I hear Jim T. Talking about those. Cool idea, not sure what it would cost. again like keep cheap as possible,.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by Rush7
Huckin somewhere under the sun
Chattanooga, TN
Joined Mar 2007
2,348 Posts
Cheap as possible is to bring a tent and a grill and camp at the site. They have really nice bath houses where you can shower and use the restroom.
Like others have said, for the best experience stay on site and you will not regret it. Pretty cost effective also.
Rush7 is offline Find More Posts by Rush7
Old 10-03-2019, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by VinceY
That guy
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Feb 2006
734 Posts
I sleep in my trailer. Temps are usually manageable at night that time of year, maybe need a fan. Bath house so you can stay fresh. Definitely find a way to stay on site.
VinceY is online now Find More Posts by VinceY
Old 10-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush7 View Post
Cheap as possible is to bring a tent and a grill and camp at the site. They have really nice bath houses where you can shower and use the restroom.
Like others have said, for the best experience stay on site and you will not regret it. Pretty cost effective also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceY View Post
I sleep in my trailer. Temps are usually manageable at night that time of year, maybe need a fan. Bath house so you can stay fresh. Definitely find a way to stay on site.

Thanks guys, Well, maybe i will just sleep in the van then.. So i would just have to pay as a pilot and to camp onsite for friday night then? I know they do charge for you staying on site right, even if your not in a camper from what ive read before.

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by suds
indywestrc & viehercfliers
United States, IN, Zionsville
Joined Jul 2014
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Thanks guys, Well, maybe i will just sleep in the van then.. So i would just have to pay as a pilot and to camp onsite for friday night then? I know they do charge for you staying on site right, even if your not in a camper from what ive read before.

Thanks for the info.
Triple Tree charges $15 or $20 per night camping fees for anyone camping be it tent, camper w/o hookups, or van. Covers the cost of the grounds and wonderful bath facilities. I've tent camped the last couple of years and it works out great; a little warm in the tent during the day but good evening temps for sleeping.
suds is offline Find More Posts by suds
Old 10-04-2019, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by gbarnes
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2007
137 Posts
Definitely stay on site. Dates are May 9-16th 2020.
gbarnes is offline Find More Posts by gbarnes
Old 10-05-2019, 09:08 AM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suds View Post
Triple Tree charges $15 or $20 per night camping fees for anyone camping be it tent, camper w/o hookups, or van. Covers the cost of the grounds and wonderful bath facilities. I've tent camped the last couple of years and it works out great; a little warm in the tent during the day but good evening temps for sleeping.

oh alright, cheap enough then.. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbarnes View Post
Definitely stay on site. Dates are May 9-16th 2020.
Thanks.

if i register as a pilot and to camp. is there a certain area you have to park? again never been there, I know they have like the big gas plane spot, the electric line, heli line and all.

Again I doubt i will bring a plane. Only way i would fly is if i ran into someone i knew who offered to let me fly their plane.

Really just plan to come walk around maybe met some of the well known pilots, talk with vendors and maybe buy some stuff if i have the funds for that by then.

Thanks everyone who has replied.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by GaryV
United States, VA, Stuarts Draft
Joined Jan 2009
27 Posts
I have stayed in my mini van several times ( this year included) if I'm going alone, and don;t want to spend the extra money to pull my camper down.
When you register they will give you a camping pass for your vehicle then you can ride around till you find a good place to set up.
I like camping down at the 3D area you can get within walking distance of the flight line and the restrooms/showers and have shade under the trees along the river.
They also have plenty of food vendors available on sight, so you really don't have to leave until you are ready to go.
I have stayed in motels in the Clinton area and in Greenville, but like the others have said for the experience stay on site.
It is a mile from the main flight line down to the 3D line but they run shuttle buses for those that don't have golf carts or some other mode of transportation.
GaryV is offline Find More Posts by GaryV
Old 10-07-2019, 05:49 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryV View Post
I have stayed in my mini van several times ( this year included) if I'm going alone, and don;t want to spend the extra money to pull my camper down.
When you register they will give you a camping pass for your vehicle then you can ride around till you find a good place to set up.
I like camping down at the 3D area you can get within walking distance of the flight line and the restrooms/showers and have shade under the trees along the river.
They also have plenty of food vendors available on sight, so you really don't have to leave until you are ready to go.
I have stayed in motels in the Clinton area and in Greenville, but like the others have said for the experience stay on site.
It is a mile from the main flight line down to the 3D line but they run shuttle buses for those that don't have golf carts or some other mode of transportation.

That is awesome info, thank you so much..
a mile? serious.. I knew it was a HUGE place, another flying buddy has been a couple of times, hes never stayed there. hes got a vacation home i think not to far from it so he always just went for the day.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:18 AM View Post
essaybox
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by old nitroman
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Mar 2015
851 Posts
been on my bucket list, some day i will get there, life just always gets in the way.
old nitroman is online now Find More Posts by old nitroman
Old 08-25-2020, 07:28 AM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old nitroman View Post
been on my bucket list, some day i will get there, life just always gets in the way.
Yeah, well it got cancelled for this year so did Fall nall.. I finally got to Chattanooga 3D jam this past weekend it was fun but i feel like it wasn't the crowd it normally is. that is fine as i didn't fly that much anyways I have a feeling i wouldn't fly at all at Joe Nall.

Quick Reply