logo
This thread is privately moderated by guldukat, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:59 AM
Find More Posts by guldukat
Trader Rating: 23
United States, GA, Statham
Joined Apr 2015
669 Posts
$1,200.00 USD
Will not ship
For Sale
125” Extra 300 EXP Extreme Flight V4

Up for Sale is a 125” Extra 300 EXP Extreme Flight V4. It has about 40 or so flights. Airframe only.

(this is 118" without tips)

Was flown with a GP176 Evo on a 31X12 prop.

I have had some issues with this so please look into images before deciding. I bought it only for XA flying. (not for iMac or low and slow) but thoroughly disappointed. I'd only consider this for low and slow (not even for imac) . Airframe is too weak and workmanship is lousy at best!!

The tail and turtle deck area was sloppy/FLIMSY and as such I reinforced it. (lots of former's were broken/bending/buckling) The LG mount was loose (screws had no thread locker and some were missing) and I reinforced it. My buddy in CA also did similar mods. It's about 46lbs (stock was 44lbs) or so now .

I got a Pilot Extra 40% that I maidened a few months back and I like it for low and slow .

Recently I got the new CARF Extra 120" for XA flying and that one is 37lbs so this really need to go!!

I have 3 other 40% planes as well and really don't feel like working on this anymore.

Again - please look at images before deciding. I really don't want to waste time!.

Local pickup only.
guldukat is offline Find More Posts by guldukat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-08-2019, 11:18 AM
Find More Posts by The Beast
Trader Rating: 8
United States, OH, Hudson
Joined Jan 2017
54 Posts
Ebel i said the same thing about my extreamflight slick i had people said i was crazey there the best and a couple other people i know had there jase edition fall apart in the air not good
The Beast is offline Find More Posts by The Beast
Old 11-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
United States, NJ, Penns Grove
Joined Dec 2015
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Ebel i said the same thing about my extreamflight slick i had people said i was crazey there the best and a couple other people i know had there jase edition fall apart in the air not good
What happened with the Slick.. that’s gonna be my next plane unless there are serious issues I don’t know about!
3DJP is offline Find More Posts by 3DJP
Old 11-09-2019, 04:37 AM
Joined Apr 2015
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DJP View Post
What happened with the Slick.. that’s gonna be my next plane unless there are serious issues I don’t know about!
Feel like driving? - get one of mine:

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=258937

I have 3 of them for sale. Quite a bit flimsy after usage but you can still fly them low and slow only...
Old 11-09-2019, 04:42 AM
Joined Apr 2015
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
I am 20mins away from EF HQ. I am averaging about 20 X 35% or bigger airframes a year for the last few years. I have bought "zero, zip, zilch, nada” from EF!!

I'd rather pay an extra $ 250 shipping per airframe from other manufacturers rather than live with the headaches of fixing an EF airframe to keep it airworthy! Ever since they merged with 3DHS - the quality is just not there... (the factory's motto has moved from quality to quantity).
Last edited by guldukat; 11-09-2019 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by The Beast
United States, OH, Hudson
Joined Jan 2017
54 Posts
Yeh ebel i knew the slick i had was gona fall apart so i sold it at a loss just so i could get somthing out of it other than a bad memory and pic for s.a.d. lol
The Beast is offline Find More Posts by The Beast
Old 11-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Trader Rating: 1
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,658 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by guldukat View Post
Feel like driving? - get one of mine:

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=258937

I have 3 of them for sale. Quite a bit flimsy after usage but you can still fly them low and slow only...
Wow. I figured with all the high energy flying these days and the carbon fiber that are in these planes that they would actually be stronger. Why are they so weak and flimsy?
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 11-10-2019, 04:24 AM
Joined Apr 2015
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
Wow. I figured with all the high energy flying these days and the carbon fiber that are in these planes that they would actually be stronger. Why are they so weak and flimsy?
The former's are carbon fiber laminated on thin plywood - they are not just carbon fiber. (Venerred on top of the thin plywood). The formers lack strength. (See images of broken former above)

The carbon fiber stringers used are very thin for the size of the airframes. They are flexing when under stress.

Not enough glue or proper glue has been used to adhere them to the formers.

Quick Reply