Find More Posts by Jay I
JUST FREAKIN NASTY !!!!!!!!!
North Carolina
Joined Feb 2006
46 Posts
Discussion
OMP 120CC EXTRA 330SC NEED HELP PLEASE

Hey Guy's

I'm returning to the hobby after a 7yr hiatus and I bought this plane new in the box back in 2013 at Nall. Problem is I can't seem to find the CD for the assembly manual. (box says it's included)
I'm thinkin it may have been a download from OMP's website, don't know.
OMP seems to have moved on from the bigger planes these days.
I've seached and searched, torn the house apart etc , with out much luck. I'll figure it out somehow but it would be nice to have the manual. And I would gladly compensate for your time or shipping of a cd or download, etc.
If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
( Sukhoikid maybe ? )

Thanks, Jay
Jay I is offline Find More Posts by Jay I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-05-2020, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by ROFF
No it’s not an ARF, I built it
United States, TX, Heath
Joined Oct 2015
200 Posts
What’s a CD?
ROFF is offline Find More Posts by ROFF
Old 01-05-2020, 12:57 PM
Find More Posts by Jay I
North Carolina
Joined Feb 2006
46 Posts
Oh dang I gets my technology mixed up was thinkin 8 track......I mean DVD...........or somethin......lol!
Old 01-05-2020, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
You really dont need one. If I look hard enough, I might have something for an EG 120cc airframe.... But, I have too much to sift thru.

What specific things are you looking for?
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 01-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by Jay I
North Carolina
Joined Feb 2006
46 Posts
Thanks Bunk for the response , and your prolly right. Couple of things were concerning
Properly installing the control horns in the wings (sandwiched carbon arms I guess expoxied in place , dont wanna botch it) CG range unknown, proper mounting of my GP123, and I'm sure other details I havent thought of.
But for most of you active flyers it's prolly second nature at this point.
I'll take my time and sort it out, I just like to go by the book sort of and deviate when necessary.
Just figured someone mite have a link that I could easily access.
So no worries , don't wanna have you digging through the archives for no good reason , thanks again !

J
Old 01-05-2020, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
Epoxy or gorilla glue the horns in. If using GG, tape over the horns, to keep them down. GG wants to push them out. On the wings, there are 3 slots, depending on servo horn length used. I think I used all 1.75" arms, and glued the control horns in on the outer location. Aim for the pushrod straight with your surface deflected fully.

GP 123 uses the same DA 100/120 motor mount.

I flew mine with 3 or 4 different engines. EME 120 on tuned pipes, DA 120 on mufflers to check out to sell, 3W 106 on mufflers. All the same mounting pattern, just different stand off lengths. Then finally a ZDZ 112, on the same pipes as the EME 120. All I did was change engines, never checked CG. Rx and batteries were placed on the rudder servo tray. 1 rudder servo in the tail. CG is pretty wide on that airframe. Could probably have put 6-9 oz on the tail, and the CG would have been real close. I even had minimal gap between the spinner backplate and the cowl.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 01-06-2020, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by Bulldog9
United States, OH, Xenia
Joined Sep 2009
472 Posts
My name is John Drake and I owned OMP and designed with my partner the Extra you have. I sold the business two years ago. If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 937-708-7846. I'm on EST and don't call before 10AM or after 10PM. The manual was on the website.
Bulldog9 is offline Find More Posts by Bulldog9
Old 01-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by Jay I
North Carolina
Joined Feb 2006
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky F. Knuckle View Post
Epoxy or gorilla glue the horns in. If using GG, tape over the horns, to keep them down. GG wants to push them out. On the wings, there are 3 slots, depending on servo horn length used. I think I used all 1.75" arms, and glued the control horns in on the outer location. Aim for the pushrod straight with your surface deflected fully.

GP 123 uses the same DA 100/120 motor mount.

I flew mine with 3 or 4 different engines. EME 120 on tuned pipes, DA 120 on mufflers to check out to sell, 3W 106 on mufflers. All the same mounting pattern, just different stand off lengths. Then finally a ZDZ 112, on the same pipes as the EME 120. All I did was change engines, never checked CG. Rx and batteries were placed on the rudder servo tray. 1 rudder servo in the tail. CG is pretty wide on that airframe. Could probably have put 6-9 oz on the tail, and the CG would have been real close. I even had minimal gap between the spinner backplate and the cowl.
Thank you Bunky for the details , looks like a pretty straight forward process , that even I should be able to handle , lol
Knocking the cobwebs off on my return to the hobby is not as bad as I thought , Thanks again !
Old 01-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Find More Posts by Jay I
North Carolina
Joined Feb 2006
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog9 View Post
My name is John Drake and I owned OMP and designed with my partner the Extra you have. I sold the business two years ago. If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 937-708-7846. I'm on EST and don't call before 10AM or after 10PM. The manual was on the website.
Hey John , nice aircraft you were involved with ! And I can't wait to get it done. I've flown similar sized planes in the past but that was back in 2012-2013 , so when I taxi out this beast out for the first time , prolly gonna be a little nervous (been flying foamies lately) But hopefully this will motivate me to finish a 50% challenger that I've framed up some years ago.
But thank you for your response , and if I hit any snags I'll be sure to give you a shout ,
J

Quick Reply