logo

CARF Acquires PAU

CARF announces acquisition of Precision Aerobatic Unlimted...

Splash

We at CARF-Models are glad to announce that we have acquired the PAU

PAU has been around for many years, founded by Herve Lejeune. PAU quickly developed into one of the few real market leaders in wooden high-end aerobatic airplanes. The PAU brand has received worldwide acclaim when flown by Spencer Nordquist, Gabriel Altuz and Bryant Mack in prestigious events such as the Tucson Shootout and the XFC. PAU airframes, in the hands of these talented world-class pilots, quickly rose to the top of the winner's circle.

Why does CARF-Models get into wooden airframes, you ask? The answer is simple: Because the PAU planes are highly sought after competition planes demanded by the best of the best freestyle pilots. who work with nothing less than the Best. CARF-Models currently have the distribution channels required to deliver to this worldwide audince.

Competition minded pilots work with nothing less than the best to showcase their talents. PAU planes are not just another brand of the aerobatic airplane; they are viewed as the best in class by many. World-class pilots demand PAU. Some find CARF-Models' all-composite airframes simply too valuable to go to the limits in a freestyle practice session, or even in a competition round. These wooden counterparts fill that void.

Spencer Nordquist, Bryant Mack, Gabriel Altuz... recognized World Class names have chosen the brand for freestyle competitions, their success speaks for itself. Many of them have chosen to fly the all-composite CARF-Models for their precision aerobatics - now they will feel right at home with their choice of freestyle airplane as well!

We intend to make the PAU planes available to the broad CARF-Models customer base in the USA and beyond - where these fantastic airplanes simply haven't been available until now.

Here is the deal: For Europe and all the other countries except USA: Be aware that PAU is coming! Coming big with CARF-Models! A Container order is in the works and we are now selecting which airplanes to include. Using the CARF-Models web shop request a quote as you've always done, let us know in which airplane you are most interested. We will have a small 150 cm (60") electric Fun Extra, 30 ccm, 50 ccm and 70 ccm class Extras and Edges along with the most popular 100-120 ccm planes, which currently win so many freestyle competitions around the world. A great selection of the large 3m+ (120-125") planes will also be available. Some new color schemes are in the works, too. Request a quote or contact us for more information!

For the USA: Capitalize on our WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE SALE!!! Everything must go. Whatever we sell now, won't have to be moved across country into our CARF-Models warehouse. Herve Lejeune will support us with the shipping of all airplanes at great prices, as long as stock lasts. Don't wait a single day to get your hands on the plane you've always wanted. Now is the chance at prices you'll never find again in the USA!

Check out the various planes in stock and get your order in: For our US customers as long as stock lasts, for all our other customers pre-order at special prices exactly what you're looking for.

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; 02-05-2020 at 10:57 AM..
Old 01-15-2020, 05:55 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,144 Posts
That is big news, I own four. The PAU brand is 100% of the 60cc and above air frames at our field. Here is a picture from Tuesday 01-14-2020
Festivus is online now Find More Posts by Festivus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2020, 05:57 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,144 Posts
I hit post before I was finished, I talked to Herve a few times and emailed I really liked the way he did his business. Herve thanks for the great planes!
Festivus is online now Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 01-15-2020, 07:53 PM
Find More Posts by kork
United States, MN, Elk River
Joined Nov 2011
895 Posts
Thanks Herve! No one else is selling a super stock/Bad arss Sukhoi!!
Enjoy your next adventure!
kork is offline Find More Posts by kork
Old 01-15-2020, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by rcbobp
Have Fun And Fly
United States, MD, Baltimore County
Joined Apr 2008
3,997 Posts
I've got one of each- CompARF Extra and PAU Viper. Both fantastic flyers. Great combination.
rcbobp is offline Find More Posts by rcbobp
Old 01-15-2020, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by bipecrazy
Fly it like ya stole it!!!
United States, TN, Bulls Gap
Joined May 2006
109 Posts
That's great.

Maybe they can get the Bulldog and challenger back in Stock..
bipecrazy is online now Find More Posts by bipecrazy
Old 01-16-2020, 01:14 AM
Find More Posts by ROFF
United States, TX, Heath
Joined Oct 2015
159 Posts
^^^^^^^^

YES PLEASE!
ROFF is offline Find More Posts by ROFF
Old 01-16-2020, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Gettin better 1 [email protected] a time!
Cody WY
Joined Apr 2009
1,543 Posts
I was also wondering if they're going to re-stock the Ultimate bipe...
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Old 01-16-2020, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Mar 2010
1,766 Posts
I would be interested in seeing some hybrid planes where the fuse is composite and wings are built up.

This is a setup very common in pattern planes and is usually the lightest overall.

I think they already have 1 plane setup this way.
Alkaline is online now Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 01-16-2020, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by dw87
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined May 2014
687 Posts
Anyone happen to know where the CARF-Models warehouse is located at by chance?
dw87 is online now Find More Posts by dw87
Old 01-16-2020, 04:52 PM
Find More Posts by Mitsu1
United States, AR, Maumelle
Joined Jun 2006
642 Posts
Carf's announced new, color schemes makes me happy! Always liked the scale lines of PAU, but desired more from the color schemes.
Mitsu1 is offline Find More Posts by Mitsu1
Last edited by Mitsu1; 01-16-2020 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
5,016 Posts
I prefer the simpler, more traditional schemes that PAU offers. Some others are getting way too busy for my tastes.
Truckracer is online now Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 01-16-2020, 07:25 PM
Joined Jun 2006
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckracer View Post
I prefer the simpler, more traditional schemes that PAU offers. Some others are getting way too busy for my tastes.
I agree, some of the recent dizzy designs are too much for me as well, .. but that's not what I meant. I meant creative use of color combinations for pizzaz, ... like this!

Old 01-16-2020, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by scooby61
No Balsa Withstands my Wrath
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Jan 2009
286 Posts
This 300sp was one of the best airframes ive owned. Hopefully carf can stock these better. Wish i had never sold it.
scooby61 is online now Find More Posts by scooby61
Old 01-16-2020, 08:08 PM
Joined Jun 2006
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby61 View Post
This 300sp was one of the best airframes ive owned. Hopefully carf can stock these better. Wish i had never sold it.
And I almost mentioned that the 300SP in all sizes had a really good scheme and colors. The 330, or the one that came after the 300SP only came in one scheme, and the combos didn't really stand out IMO.

Quick Reply