Old 01-13-2021, 03:43 PM
Find More Posts by Jtcrowder49
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Jan 2013
47 Posts
Discussion
CNC Service for Hire

Hello all,

I am writing to let the FG community know that I will be accepting jobs starting today and moving forward.

I've worked with two other members here to provide them some product you can see below. I have started this thread as a place to share the jobs and allow the community to speak on their experience. My first two jobs have taken some time to get right and I thank Keron and Bill for their patience.

Currently, we are only running the Makita spindle on our router table, but we have plans to expand to a laser shortly. I'm still working through the details of rates and as such, jobs will be quoted on a case by case basis.

Materials range from lite ply to aluminum, although complexity of the part really determines what I can do. My machine is capable of 3D relief projects but my preference, and the majority of my experience, is with 2d profiles.

Max cutting dimensions are about 30”x30”.

Please contact me at your convenience and please be patient as I do have a full time job.
Jtcrowder49 is offline Find More Posts by Jtcrowder49
Last edited by Jtcrowder49; 01-14-2021 at 12:04 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-13-2021, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by torquen
Lodi, Ca. USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,639 Posts
What would be the cost to make something like this out of thin aluminum? I can get exact dimensions but let’s say about 6-8” wide and 9-10” long.
Need some cowl vents on my full scale Glasair.
torquen is offline Find More Posts by torquen
Old 01-14-2021, 12:02 AM
Joined Jan 2013
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquen View Post
What would be the cost to make something like this out of thin aluminum? I can get exact dimensions but let’s say about 6-8” wide and 9-10” long.
Need some cowl vents on my full scale Glasair.
Torquen, thank you for the interest. Looks simple enough, the best thing to do is to send me a drawing. DXF or PDF, please have dimensions on the drawing. Then spec your material for me, the more common the better. When you have those specifics, please PM me to discuss.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:41 AM
Find More Posts by keron232
keron232
Joined May 2019
1 Posts
Engine mounts

hello guys and i must say thanks to jtcrowder for a job well done. I submitted my drawing s to him but some of my drawings was inacurate, but for some reason this genious got it to the correct specs, dont ask me how he did it. Everything lined up perfect. This guy will be getting all my jobs from now on, he is a perfectionist make your items from nothing to something. Thanks again j
keron232 is offline Find More Posts by keron232
Old 06-02-2021, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by Tony Hallo
springdale, pa usa
Joined Aug 2006
823 Posts
Can you make two of these for my 1/3 scale Champ? The OD 3 1/8" radius, the ID 2 7/8" radius over a 40 degree arc, 1/16" aluminum. I found the photo here https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-New...7076277?_ul=IL
Tony Hallo is offline Find More Posts by Tony Hallo
Old 06-02-2021, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by William_Burkert
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Oct 2013
1,032 Posts
Those are my servo blind nut mounting plates and they are perfect. I had 30 made and used 28 so far, no wood screws in my Mamba 120!
William_Burkert is offline Find More Posts by William_Burkert
Old 06-03-2021, 12:42 AM
Joined Jan 2013
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Burkert View Post
Those are my servo blind nut mounting plates and they are perfect. I had 30 made and used 28 so far, no wood screws in my Mamba 120!

Glad to hear it is working out Bill. I am back in the shop now. If you need anything else just let me know. Thank you.
Old 08-14-2021, 12:37 PM
Joined Jan 2013
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Hallo View Post
Can you make two of these for my 1/3 scale Champ? The OD 3 1/8" radius, the ID 2 7/8" radius over a 40 degree arc, 1/16" aluminum. I found the photo here https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-New...7076277?_ul=IL

Tony, I hope your plates are working out as intended!

Just to update everyone, I am still taking orders. We have finally gotten an ETA on our laser upgrade and expect delivery in about 3 weeks.

Quick Reply