logo
This thread is privately moderated by Downerman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by Downerman
Trader Rating: 2
United States, CA, Greenfield
Joined Aug 2009
15 Posts
$499.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale
Quadra 100 with ignition and kill switch

I got this engine with a 1/3 scale cub last week. I was told by the previous owner that the engine didn't have much time on it. Don't know who did the ignition conversion but it works great. I'm no stranger to gassers having about 8 Zenoah's in my stable and having owned some Brisons and walkers back in the day. I had always heard that these 100 and 75cc Quadra's were solid runners and now I can attest to it. I've put a dozen flights on it and I'm personally amazed at how well it starts and idles. Solid power and smooth transitions. I thought for sure it would be a total shaker but no.... better than some of my 3W and DA's I've owned....mostly at just above idle she shakes some. This engine runs and to be honest I would have just kept it in this cub but I'm pulling a DA100 from my 37% edge and sliding a GP 123 in it. Taking the DA100 and putting in the Cub. I know the war bird guys love these and can also vouch for there great running characteristics. IF I was a smart man I would have just kept this in the cub and left the DA in the Edge....but nooooooo. Ignition and kill switch are included of course. Hope this ends up in a giant scale war bird and someone enjoys the heck out of it.

* when I took the pics the prop bolt and smaller style spinner were not in the pics. Those of course, are also included. Also included is the Bennet Muffler and the custom built mounting brackets. I love the compression release on it. Hand started the engine easily but if you need to hit it with the starter, use that release and it spins her up real easy.
Downerman is offline Find More Posts by Downerman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Find More Posts by Downerman
United States, CA, Greenfield
Joined Aug 2009
15 Posts
Make me an offer

I asked a vendor who is plugged into these engines what this might be worth and priced it accordingly. I really don't have a gauge of what they go for. I'm moving on with it so make me an offer.

Dave
Downerman is offline Find More Posts by Downerman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply