logo
This thread is privately moderated by Motomazzo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:50 AM
Find More Posts by Motomazzo
Trader Rating: 1
United States, TX
Joined Nov 2019
1,221 Posts
$950.00 USD
Will not ship
For Sale
Aeroworks 120cc Yak 55 - **Airframe Only**

Well, I hate to do this butÖ..

Dallas / Fort Worth Area - Up for sale is my beautiful AW Yak 55. This is a 9/10 airplane. Will be sold engine, receiver and battery-ready. All Savox servos. Reposting due to engine and exhaust removal since original ad.

This is truly one of the nicest-flying planes I own. But it is more geared toward IMAC than where Iím headed. I purchased this as my first large aerobatic plane and I didnít know at the time it was not going to be the best platform for my flying style.

Original owner did not finish the build. Sold it to the second owner who finished it and flew it once. Then it was sold to me. I added wheel spats because I think everything needs some sort of wheel pant. I wonít fly without them. Outside of that, Iíve done nothing to it. Never been crashed. Probably has 50 or less flights on it.

The previous owner used Smart Fly ignition kill, so there is a separate ignition battery. I use Tech Aero IBECÖ.just never got around to changing this plane over. But I would recommend it. Thatís just my personal recommendation. Contact me for any questions! This is a cherry. Needs to go to a good home. Nice wing bags included.
Motomazzo is online now Find More Posts by Motomazzo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-13-2021, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by Mustang Man
Trader Rating: 14
Brush Whacker
United States, TX, Commerce
Joined Oct 2008
488 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
I have the black, red, gold version of this same plane. You are right they fly great. I put a DA120 in mine. I haven’t flown it is quite awhile. In fact I have several Aeroworks planes and the ones I have all fly great. I was sorry when they closed the doors. Wish someone would start building planes like they did. Great construction, hardware, etc.
Mustang Man is offline Find More Posts by Mustang Man
Old 10-13-2021, 04:01 PM
United States, TX
Joined Nov 2019
1,221 Posts
Yessir. The quality is great. You can tell when you slide the wings into the fuselage sides. Unbelievable quality, fitment, etc. If it doesn’t sell, I’ll just keep it. But it’s just not a platform for my flying style right now. Hoping somebody who’s interested in getting started in IMAC takes an interest. I can’t think of a better introductory plane than this one.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by cherrybomb48
Trader Rating: 0
Geaux Lower!
United States, IN, Avon
Joined Oct 2010
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomazzo View Post
Yessir. The quality is great. You can tell when you slide the wings into the fuselage sides. Unbelievable quality, fitment, etc. If it doesnít sell, Iíll just keep it. But itís just not a platform for my flying style right now. Hoping somebody whoís interested in getting started in IMAC takes an interest. I canít think of a better introductory plane than this one.
Are you moving to a more 3D capable airframe? I had the 60cc one and loved it but it was a challenge to throw it around like I am used to.
cherrybomb48 is online now Find More Posts by cherrybomb48
Old 10-16-2021, 05:36 PM
United States, TX
Joined Nov 2019
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb48 View Post
Are you moving to a more 3D capable airframe? I had the 60cc one and loved it but it was a challenge to throw it around like I am used to.
Yes, exactly that. I now have a Skywing 101Ē Laser 260. Nothing at all wrong with the Yak. Itís just not the platform for what Iím trying to do.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:45 AM
Find More Posts by cherrybomb48
Geaux Lower!
United States, IN, Avon
Joined Oct 2010
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomazzo View Post
Yes, exactly that. I now have a Skywing 101Ē Laser 260. Nothing at all wrong with the Yak. Itís just not the platform for what Iím trying to do.
I gotcha. Yeah I wish Rocco would have designed the old Yak more into the 3D realm. Good luck with the sale.
cherrybomb48 is online now Find More Posts by cherrybomb48

Quick Reply