logo
This thread is privately moderated by Humusbcool, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:58 AM
Find More Posts by Humusbcool
Trader Rating: 7
United States, CT, Fairfield
Joined May 2017
25 Posts
$550.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold
Skywing laser 260 101

Skywing laser 260 101 in rare green. Plane has around 30 flights max. In great condition. Had a da120 on it. Priced to sell. 550 firm which is a steal no shipping local pickup only. Flying in Connecticut is a nightmare specially 3d I’m kinda done with this hobby for awhile. Airframe only comes with wing bag. Can send vids if it flying if the person is interested
Humusbcool is online now Find More Posts by Humusbcool
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-13-2021, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by Motomazzo
Trader Rating: 1
United States, TX
Joined Nov 2019
1,221 Posts
Awesome plane. I own one. That is a great price. Curious - why is flying 3D in Connecticut a nightmare?
Motomazzo is online now Find More Posts by Motomazzo
Old 10-13-2021, 01:20 PM
Joined May 2017
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomazzo View Post
Awesome plane. I own one. That is a great price. Curious - why is flying 3D in Connecticut a nightmare?

90 percent of the clubs are strictly against 3d and giant scale. None of the presidents or safety officers like seeing 3d whatsoever. So many clubs shut down. It’s hell if anyone is into 3d and lives in ct. best bet is like Massachusetts and other places. CT is a nightmare for 3d. Not a lot of nice people to deal with lol. Iv been flying 3d for over 10 years and I finally have came to a point to give up 3d in CT unless I rent my own flying field or land. That’s why I gave up and sold most of my planes I can’t just keep looking at these in the house and knowing it’s a pain in the butt to not be able to fly them
Old 10-13-2021, 01:34 PM
Find More Posts by LIpilot
Trader Rating: 41
United States, NY, Salisbury
Joined Apr 2011
343 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humusbcool View Post
90 percent of the clubs are strictly against 3d and giant scale. None of the presidents or safety officers like seeing 3d whatsoever. So many clubs shut down. Itís hell if anyone is into 3d and lives in ct. best bet is like Massachusetts and other places. CT is a nightmare for 3d. Not a lot of nice people to deal with lol. Iv been flying 3d for over 10 years and I finally have came to a point to give up 3d in CT unless I rent my own flying field or land. Thatís why I gave up and sold most of my planes I canít just keep looking at these in the house and knowing itís a pain in the butt to not be able to fly them

I was looking at an AJ Laser 105" someone was selling in your area because of the problems you listed. But then he disappeared.

You are not far from Long Island - looks like ~30 miles. Come down and fly at our field
LIpilot is online now Find More Posts by LIpilot
Old 10-13-2021, 04:05 PM
Find More Posts by Motomazzo
United States, TX
Joined Nov 2019
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humusbcool View Post
90 percent of the clubs are strictly against 3d and giant scale. None of the presidents or safety officers like seeing 3d whatsoever. So many clubs shut down. Itís hell if anyone is into 3d and lives in ct. best bet is like Massachusetts and other places. CT is a nightmare for 3d. Not a lot of nice people to deal with lol. Iv been flying 3d for over 10 years and I finally have came to a point to give up 3d in CT unless I rent my own flying field or land. Thatís why I gave up and sold most of my planes I canít just keep looking at these in the house and knowing itís a pain in the butt to not be able to fly them
Unbelievable. Sorry to hear that.
Motomazzo is online now Find More Posts by Motomazzo
Old 10-13-2021, 05:12 PM
Find More Posts by Cajun
Trader Rating: 0
Teen Scene Staff
Franklin, Louisana
Joined Jan 2006
425 Posts
Certainly blows. It's wide open here in Louisiana.

We got room if you're ready to bust out.
Cajun is online now Find More Posts by Cajun
Old 10-13-2021, 05:23 PM
KPS
Find More Posts by KPS
KPS
Joined May 2020
0 Posts
Not sure where you fly in Fairfield but you should come up Rt. 8 to the Thomaston Dam and fly with the Nutmeg Flyers. We fly anything from small electric to 40% giant scale and pretty much anything goes as long as your safe.
KPS is offline Find More Posts by KPS
Old 10-14-2021, 06:45 AM
Find More Posts by microdon2
Trader Rating: 4
microdon2
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2009
18 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Have you looked at fields in eastern NY? You can fly 3D with us at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, though it's about 70 miles from you. And you might have to dodge the occasional jet.
microdon2 is offline Find More Posts by microdon2
Old 10-14-2021, 07:52 AM
Joined May 2017
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIpilot View Post
I was looking at an AJ Laser 105" someone was selling in your area because of the problems you listed. But then he disappeared.

You are not far from Long Island - looks like ~30 miles. Come down and fly at our field

It sucks not having fields near by to enjoy flying 3d. I certainly wonít give up on flying because itís a hobby of mine but for now itís just soo disappointing here. I really wanna move soon to somewhere thatís purely for flying lol
Old 10-14-2021, 06:04 PM
KPS
Find More Posts by KPS
KPS
Joined May 2020
0 Posts
If you want a place where you can do whatever without any rules or people frowning at you come up to Thomaston. The only things we ask is to observe proper field etiquette and don't fly over the pits. If you want to fly 3D that's fine. If you want to pile your plane into the ground that's OK too. We don't have the pristine field some other clubs have, but we have fun.
KPS is offline Find More Posts by KPS

Quick Reply