logo
This thread is privately moderated by Scott Gerber, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts
Re: Our future....????

so far, in those 2 years, she's done more than most who've been in for 20 years...

Some brain surgeons are talented, others are not. I know in my job, there are people who suck at it, but have been doing it for 20 years, and newbies who do a far better job then those who've done it for 20 years.....
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 08-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Apparently, America likes her:

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews1547.html

However, as it says:

"This contest is likely to be very close until the weekend before the election - then the dam may break and support may flood one way or the other."
Old 08-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingHarrier View Post
Great Observation!
I know when I was in my late teens early 20's I couldn't have cared less about politics. Then Jimmy Carter come along and we were all out of work, interest rates where 20%. And the economy was sh*t! Kind of like it is now.
After that, I started paying attention, reading about what the candidates had to say and what their plans were. The young of this country must get involved, and I mean more than just reading forum threads on an R/C website! Find out the voting records of the candidates; What their experience really is, decide what topics are most important to you and then how the candidates feel about those topics. For instance, McCain has voted repeatedly for NATFA as did Hilary Clinton. They strongly support it. But if you are a person who has had their job outsourced abroad you may not want to vote for them. Maybe the Democrats didn’t want Hilary because of facts like that!
It was tougher to do this in the late 70's and early 80's but now with the internet it's all at your finger tips.
I love those commercials that say “ just get out and vote”! I couldn’t disagree more.
It should say “Do your research and then Vote”
I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

You're right. I dislike Bush because of the value of my dollar, but I would vote for him because of his performance with the War on Terrorism. As far as Obama, or most of the Democratic party, holding the line of turning Iraq into the new Vietnam is not an option. But when it came to McCain on issues like abortion, I didn't have a favorable viewpoint. I think that Palin is a welcome addition to the ticket, and I feel that I can now vote "for" someone, and not against the greater of two evils.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by smokin
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,199 Posts

i am agian impressed fiddy!

i like what you were saying about the vote for the person and not the sex/color! unfortunately, the party wants this to be the reason because they know that most folks don't take the time or effort to understand what is really good for them or the country..... pretty colored uniforms on football players attract alot of wagers! this is just another way for the "man" to keep holding some folks down! and one MAJOR way to "buy" votes from an uneducated mass.
smokin is offline Find More Posts by smokin
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Find More Posts by buttface
Suspended Account
WV
Joined Apr 2007
1,512 Posts

I'm Voting for J. W.Bush again!
For a third term!!!
I will right his name in on the ballet.
Hec, even Donald Duck and Micky Mouse voted for him last time.

There is another hurricane heading for the gulf coast now as we speak. I wonder if Bush is on his way to his ranch in TX now to eat Birthday cake with McCain like he did 3 years ago while everyone was drowning from Katrina?
buttface is offline Find More Posts by buttface
Last edited by buttface; 08-30-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Find More Posts by pepatrick
Yak - Extra - Yak...yakity yak
Cumming, GA
Joined Apr 2006
2,237 Posts

Im gonna get shelled for this...but...I would like to see a poll on FG....What percentage of RC Pilots are for the McCain/Palin vs Obama/Biden.....I bet in general that most RC pilots tend to vote conservative...it would be interesting to break it out by the type of planes flown vs the candidate of choice...any bets...larger planes and jet pilots favor McCain/Palin...
pepatrick is offline Find More Posts by pepatrick
Old 08-30-2008, 11:16 PM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,199 Posts

i'm sure you are right pepa!

the folks that are concerned with what happens to their dollars generally vote conservatively!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Suspended Account
WV
Joined Apr 2007
1,512 Posts

I don't think anyone favors McCain....he belongs in a nursing home. His mind is gone.Poor guy..
Old 08-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Suspended Account
WV
Joined Apr 2007
1,512 Posts

READ MY LIPS! Oboma will be our new prez.
Oboma,,,,Oboma,,,Oboma!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Suspended Account
WV
Joined Apr 2007
1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepatrick View Post
it would be interesting to break it out by the type of planes flown vs the candidate of choice...any bets...larger planes and jet pilots favor McCain/Palin...
I have (6) 40%ers and will be getting a jet soon and I am not wealthy by no means.Having big planes and jets just means you have a small bit of expendable cash. Oboma will get my vote because I care ware my hard earned dollars go.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:50 PM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,199 Posts

which govt program do you want your hard earned dollars going into????

bigger govt means more money out of your pocket and into welfare's!!!!!! until the govt can show me that they know how to responsibly spend money.... i don't want to give them any more of mine than they are already taking!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Find More Posts by pepatrick
Yak - Extra - Yak...yakity yak
Cumming, GA
Joined Apr 2006
2,237 Posts

If you really cared where your money went...you would do a much better job than Obama. Not saying McCain is the Republican answer...but...come on...I would like to know one thing Obama can do your with your income better than you can do with your income...other than take more of it.
pepatrick is offline Find More Posts by pepatrick
Old 08-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Suspended Account
WV
Joined Apr 2007
1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepatrick View Post
This is a great thing for the U.S. Not just Repuplicans...but all of us. Some are saying she is not qualified to be President if McCain checks out. Well..Obama ...he is not qualified now...I love Obamas speech last night...No more capital gains tax for businesses....guess what...businesses do not pay capital gains taxes anyway......
Bro McCain has already checked out.

The most controversial provision of the Republicans' tax reduction package to be voted on later this fall is the proposal to cut the capital gains tax. The Contract with America proposal would provide a 50 percent exclusion for capital gains, lowering the top effective tax rate to 19.8 percent, and index capital gains for inflation. Opponents charge that those changes would provide a huge tax cut for the rich and substantially reduce federal tax revenues

A study examines the historical experience with the capital gains tax in the United States, as well as the findings of more than 50 economic studies on capital gains taxation. We conclude that a capital gains tax cut would
  • substantially raise tax collections and increase tax payments by the rich;
  • increase the rate of capital formation, economic growth, and job creation through the year 2000;
  • unlock hundreds of billions of dollars of unrealized capital gains, thus promoting more efficient allocation of capital;
  • expand economic opportunities for the most economically disadvantaged workers by bringing jobs and new businesses to capital-starved areas, such as America's inner cities.
Finally, the study argues that the capital gains tax is so economically inefficient--because of its punitive effect on entrepreneurship, thrift, and investment--that the optimal economic policy for the United States would be to abolish the tax entirely.
The tax on capital gains directly affects investment decisions, the mobility and flow of risk capital . . . the ease or difficulty experienced by new ventures in obtaining capital, and thereby the strength and potential for growth in the economy.
-- President John F. Kennedy, 1963
You're looking at a poor man who thinks the capital gains tax [cut] is the best thing that could happen to this country, because that's when the work will come back. People say capital gains are for the rich, but I've never been hired by a poor man.
-- New Jersey painting contractor
Over the past 10 years perhaps no single economic issue has been embroiled in more controversy than the capital gains tax. Ever since the capital gains tax rate was raised from 20 to 28 percent as part of the 1986 Tax Reform Act, Republicans and many centrist Democrats have tried repeatedly to enact a capital gains tax cut to stimulate job creation and economic growth. Those efforts have been stymied on each occasion by the criticism that the tax cut would be a "giveaway to the rich."
This year the political logjam may finally be broken. A capital gains tax cut is a central feature of the Republican budget plan, which is now making its way through Congress. Earlier this year Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich called tax cuts the "crown jewel" of the GOP Contract with America. Yet, as the prospects for passage grow more promising, the opposition is once again mobilizing for what appears to be an eleventh-hour campaign to defeat the measure. And no one knows whether President Clinton would sign a capital gains tax cut even if Congress were to pass one.

Despite the high profile of this tax issue in Washington, many Americans still have little awareness of why the tax treatment of capital gains should matter to them. This study is an attempt to make the capital gains tax understandable and relevant to ordinary American workers. We intend to walk the reader through the ABCs of the capital gains tax. Here are some of the questions this study addresses:
  • What is capital?
  • What is a capital gain?
  • Why is the capital gains tax important to the U.S. economy?
  • How does the capital gains tax affect the typical American worker?
  • Who pays the capital gains tax? Is it a rich man's tax?
  • Would a capital gains tax cut increase the budget deficit?
  • How does the U.S. capital gains tax compare with those of other nations?
  • How would a capital gains tax cut affect jobs and wages?
To answer those questions, this guide synthesizes all of the most recent and well-respected studies of the issue and presents the arguments for and against the proposed tax cut. It is our conclusion from reviewing the historical evidence and more than 50 studies that the GOP tax reduction plan (which would lower the tax rate from 28 to 19.6 percent and index gains for inflation) would
  • increase taxes collected from the rich;
  • increase the rates of capital formation, economic growth, job creation, and real wages over the next decade; and
  • unlock hundreds of billions of dollars of unrealized capital gains, thus promoting a more efficient capital market.
An even more economically compelling reform would be to eliminate the capital gains tax entirely. Abolishing the capital gains tax would promote entrepreneurship, business creation, U.S. competitiveness, and higher wages for American workers--especially for the most economically disadvantaged among us.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Find More Posts by 66stang
Fly it like you hate it!
Collinsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
4,925 Posts

Just give me one thing that Obama has accomplished... Reading a teleprompter doesn't count. I'm waiting. Did he author any bills while being in the Senate? Oh and his experience is not 4 years as senator. It's two. Why because for the last two he has been running for President. Oh and we could talk about the people he associated him self with. Can't wait until we get the new and improved Jimmy Carter in the White House!
66stang is offline Find More Posts by 66stang
Old 08-31-2008, 12:26 AM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,199 Posts

if obummer is such a good choice for our future and our dollars... why is the unemployment rate in Illinois such a problem. he can't help curtail unemployment in his own state much less deal with the budget of the country!

Quick Reply