logo
Old 05-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts
PeakModel 30CC (25%) Sbach 342 Assembly Thread

Hey Eveyone,

I just received my sbach 342, From peakmodel. It took only 7 days to get to me including the weekend, it was really quick.
The box was in perfect condition and had a 3/4" honey comb cardboard box build around it so it was very well protected and all parts inside were secured from moving around and each item was covered in the white soft protective covering (foam) All in all packaged just perfectly.

I have just taken all items of the box and there is not a single scratch or mark, dent on any item, The whole arf is provided with quality hardware and the construction is of very high quality and covering and painting is outstanding...

I will be using the following hardware:
-Dle-30 (sidecarb) with a jxf-19x8
-JR 7 chan 2.4 gig rxr
-6x Ds-821 Servos (all surfaces and throttle)
-2.7 amp 6v rxr batt
-2.4 amp 4.8v ign batt
-Rxcel ign Kill and power switch for ign
-HD JR power switch for rxr

I am very excited to be putting this together,It looks just awsome, So ill be adding some pictures tonight of my assembly progress... And all the goddies...
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Last edited by The Hodge; 06-02-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: added hardware
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts
Re: PeakModel 30CC (25%) Sbach 342 Assembly Thread

Ok guys here are some pics of it out the box and some closeups of the detail etc. Sorry for the crappy quality of them, the bedroom light does not make pics look good .
You can see it comes with a dle30-template, which is really handy and the spats and cowl are done beautifuly as is the whole aircraft.

Im going to start doing the landing gear tonight so ill pop so pics up as i do it So off i go
Old 05-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts

OK so we have the gear and spats on, I had to drill the holes in the fuse through the metal mounts and of course do the same for the spats, i also needed toopen up the opening for the wheels as they were a touch small. Apart from that is was straight forward.

No onto mounting the dle-30 and glueing all the hinges in.

Stay tunned..
Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Find More Posts by liftytim
You've had a good day...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Feb 2010
711 Posts

Hey mate,

Cheers for the link to your thread! The Sbach looks awesome. I think it's next on my list...if I can:

a) get my hands on one:

b) find space for it!

This kit looks awesome. Unlike my MX2, it's great that you've got CF undercarriage. The PeakModel kit looks to be really good quality.

Good luck with the build! I'll be watching with interest.

Tim
liftytim is offline Find More Posts by liftytim
Old 05-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Find More Posts by cisco
Super Contributor
Adelaide Australia
Joined Dec 2009
403 Posts

Hi
Yes a nice looking plane indeed. I have a few more weeks to wait for my pilotrc 100cc but no matter who makes the sbach they all look great. will keep looking at how yours comes out and first flight. which DLE 30 do you have side or rear carb?

cisco
cisco is offline Find More Posts by cisco
Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts

Hey Tim,

Its a real nice plane looks better in the covering, The pics dont do justice.
The carbon gear is very nice and feel really good (strong and light) and the stabs come off so
its easy transport

Hey Cisco,

Yes the sbach look ace, the pilot one will be great, Mydle30 is the side carb, i ahve a stack on it now

Here are the pics from the motor install (not finished) Also i have glued all the hinges (except the wings) nice tight gaps on all the hingepoints and the cowl fits the motor really well, of course i need to cut out for the plug and may a little for the also.

Next is to do the wing hinges and install the DS-821 servo and linkages into them.
Last edited by The Hodge; 05-28-2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Color coding
Old 05-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Find More Posts by cisco
Super Contributor
Adelaide Australia
Joined Dec 2009
403 Posts

that Dle 30 fits great in the cowl good cut out by the pic, I have 2 dle 30 and love the power I would say that it will rock the sbach and heaps of pull from a hover with no hesitation you are goin to like it

cisco
cisco is offline Find More Posts by cisco
Old 05-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Find More Posts by liftytim
You've had a good day...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Feb 2010
711 Posts

Nice one. You're leaving me in your wake on the build.

That's great that the stabs are removable! Surely not very common for a 25%. Handy when you've got limited vehicle space (like i do .

The Sbach cowl fits the DLE like a glove...

I've found my standoffs are too long...and with the rear carby DLE, the carb will have to go through the firewall. All good. Just a bit more tinkering... i should stop looking at it and just dooowit.

Tim
liftytim is offline Find More Posts by liftytim
Old 05-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts

lol, Perfection takes time ,

It is really handy and pretty unique as i dont know of any other 25% planes that do, i think ill only need to take one stab off so, it will be really good.

The cowl does fit really good, i had to cut some holes out for the head and spark plug,and muffler too. Unfortunatly the dle30 template they supplied was out by about 5mm so that through the cuts i made in the cow land i only relised once i fitted cowl up and noticed the prop hub was over one side, but that was the only stuff around i have had so far, but all good now.

I also mounted the switch and fuel dot, and put the tail wheel together, however im not too sure of it ,it seams a little crappy, so i may change it to a little carbon fibre one

So thats tonights installment of the sbach 342 Tommorrow night its wing hinges and rudder/elevator linkages and maybe servos
Old 05-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Find More Posts by Deathbeast
Flyin' Around
Joined May 2009
20 Posts

MANA,

Nice Build thread. I have the exact plane, SN 005, I had the exact problem with the mouning template...I was pissed to see how far off it was. Did you simply plug and redrill? Thats what I did, but my cowel cut outs are off to the side more than in your pics...or did you do something else?

Neil
Deathbeast is offline Find More Posts by Deathbeast
Old 05-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts

Hi neil,

Thanks very much, Yeah i was pretty annoyed as well, im thinking why is my prop hub off so far , it was only out by about 4-5mm so i drilled holes right next to the other ones so i just ended up having elongated holes, but now it is nice and square Im using the standard dle30 standoffs and 1x small washer on each stand off (on the firewall side) to give me some more distance from the firewall and to get the prop hub past the cowl as with out it the spinner blck plate would touch a little.

Hey neil where did you put your c of g, I think it calls for behind the wing tube? Also where did you find the SN of you model?

With the cowl i didnt want the engine to rub so itool a littl of each side where the head is and ,more on one side due to right thrust, but i did this before i picked up on the motor being out, so the cuts are a little big in the cowl now, they should be a few mm smaller all round, however it will have good cooling
Last edited by The Hodge; 05-30-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Add more
Old 05-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts

Tonight i got the servos mounted for the elevators and linkages setup pretty well,just a few finishing touches once powered up. The thottle servo and mount are in location. As well as fitting of the tail wheel and predrilling of the motorbox infill pieces, Cutting out the servos holes in each wing also.

I had to change to a longer horn for the elevator servos as i could not get enough through, but now it is right I think that the horns i have now for the alierons should be ok as there only about 2 inchs from the surface.

I have sort of dabbled in different areas ofthe plane tonight, but i shale fit off the wing servos and finaly glue in the wing hinges and setup the links. then move onot the rudder pull-pull.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by Deathbeast
Flyin' Around
Joined May 2009
20 Posts

Mona,

Looking good, by the way, have a coopers for me (Green Label), I was in Adelaide (and surrounding areas) last year and visited "Hinley" Street ----- A LOT.....Love that beer...good stuff.

Anyways, the CoG is one finger past the Carbon fiber wing tube...at least that is a safe starting point.

Also, instead of using washers I simply CA'd the very nice template right into place on the fire wall. It gave me clearance, and a little extra support for the firewall, which is always nice.

The serial number is stamped on the airframe in several spots. There will be a numberlike S05 or S15, right inside by the carbon fiber wing tube, also, on the sides of the wings.....and elevator surfaces....the part that butts up against the Fuselage....let me know what number you have.

I have 05 and 15 (Yes i bought two of them)

Cheers

Neil
Deathbeast is offline Find More Posts by Deathbeast
Old 06-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,301 Posts

Hey DB,

Thats good you came to visit aus, hope you had a great time here, Good old coopers

I have number s15 fuse,stabs etc and s20 wings I have a hybrid lol. So DB you have the twice the fun with to sbachs Ill keep that cg in mind, what is yours at now?, i want to try and set it a little tail heavy as to make it float more and 3d easier

Progress for tonight: i have setup and fitted the fuel tank, as well as put in the rudder horn and pull-pull setup, Also made up the throttle linkage. Finally glued the wing hinges it, Then the fun part putting on the decals, which cameup pretty good, Look at lot better out side in the daylight.

In the next day or two i will then fit the servos and horns/linkages to the wings, it appears i will also need some extensions for the wings, arond 6 inch should do it, But ill know once i fit the servos.

But all is going well, shouldnt be to far now from fitting the igniton and rxr , doing some fuel pluming and put the batts in and work out my cg and we should be good to go,

I have a 3.5 inch sbach 342 red CF spinner on route should be here next week, it looks magic

Stay tunned...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
9,811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarocoupe View Post
Hey Tim,

Next is to do the wing hinges and install the DS-821 servo and linkages into them.

You're putting 821's in that thing? Seriously??

Quote:
Manufacturer Warning: "Not recommended for planes over 1.20-size or helicopters over .30-size. Loads and vibration in larger models may cause premature failure of the servo, resulting in damage or injury to property and persons."
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey

Quick Reply