logo
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 12:45 PM
brandonduley is offline
Find More Posts by brandonduley
Let's go flying!!
brandonduley's Avatar
United States, OH, Waynesville
Joined Mar 2007
27,056 Posts
Build Log
Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Figured I would get a thread started for all those getting the new Sukhoi. We are a few weeks out from the arrival of the first shipments, so lets start out by hearing what everyone is planning to run setup wise.

I for one am extremely excited about getting this and cant't wait to start in on the build. I'm trying to keep my setup as simple as possible and here it is:

DA150 on RE3 exhaust and Mejzlik 30x12 2 Blade prop
9- Hitec 7954sh servos w/ SWB arms
AR9100 Rx
2- Thunder Power 2 cell 3600 mah receiver packs
1- Tech-Aero IBEC (ignition battery eliminator circuit) http://www.syssaaircraft.net/cart/pc...5&idcategory=2
brandonduley is offline Find More Posts by brandonduley
Last edited by brandonduley; 02-16-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-16-2011, 01:53 PM
airboss/oc is offline
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Registered User
airboss/oc's Avatar
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,060 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

you may want to get the JR922 powersafe Rx mine works perfect
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
brandonduley is offline
Find More Posts by brandonduley
Let's go flying!!
brandonduley's Avatar
United States, OH, Waynesville
Joined Mar 2007
27,056 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
you may want to get the JR922 powersafe Rx mine works perfect
I could just airbrush the case black and write "JR922" on it, then i would have the JR version of the 9100
brandonduley is offline Find More Posts by brandonduley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:22 PM
jamesrxx951 is offline
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Registered User
jamesrxx951's Avatar
toledo ohio
Joined Jan 2009
10,422 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

have you got your da150 yet? another prop to consider is the fuch's 30/12. i have one of those and a mej 30/12 to try out. i let someone borrow those props and he likes the fuchs alot better. eager to start my own test also.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 05:38 PM
airboss/oc is offline
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Registered User
airboss/oc's Avatar
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,060 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonduley View Post
I could just airbrush the case black and write "JR922" on it, then i would have the JR version of the 9100
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Flatlandman is offline
Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Your my boy Blue!!!1
Flatlandman's Avatar
Lexington Kentucky U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2006
4,698 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

I have this plane on order also. I can hardly wait.

My setup will be
DA170 w/ Proflow canisters
prop Mejzlik 30x13 for imac , 31x12 for fun
www.airmanwheels.com 4.75" Wheels and tail wheel
2 Fromeco 5200 Li-on bats cause i got a fresh set here
8-10 8711 servos ( cant decide whether I want 2 or 3 aileron servos)
1 hitec 7955 servo on the throttle because thats what I have laying around
Spectrum AR 12110 power safe rx
A 42% products kill switch (regular not the zues lol ) powered from the RX
5" Tru Turn aluminum spinner polished up nice and shinny

Prob going to replace the fuel tank and fuel tubing that comes with the plane. I cant decide if I will use a B and B fuel tank or a bottle I make up.
I am going to use the failsafe switch that comes with the RX.
Flatlandman is offline Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 05:40 AM
brandonduley is offline
Find More Posts by brandonduley
Let's go flying!!
brandonduley's Avatar
United States, OH, Waynesville
Joined Mar 2007
27,056 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
have you got your da150 yet? another prop to consider is the fuch's 30/12. i have one of those and a mej 30/12 to try out. i let someone borrow those props and he likes the fuchs alot better. eager to start my own test also.
yes i do have one. Only a few things left to get this thing going. My servos are on the way, RE3's are currently out of stock, so gonna have to wait a few weeks on those. Pretty much need extensions and some other odds and ends, and i should have everything I need.
brandonduley is offline Find More Posts by brandonduley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 05:42 AM
brandonduley is offline
Find More Posts by brandonduley
Let's go flying!!
brandonduley's Avatar
United States, OH, Waynesville
Joined Mar 2007
27,056 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandman View Post
I have this plane on order also. I can hardly wait.

My setup will be
DA170 w/ Proflow canisters
prop Mejzlik 30x13 for imac , 31x12 for fun
www.airmanwheels.com 4.75" Wheels and tail wheel
2 Fromeco 5200 Li-on bats cause i got a fresh set here
8-10 8711 servos ( cant decide whether I want 2 or 3 aileron servos)
1 hitec 7955 servo on the throttle because thats what I have laying around
Spectrum AR 12110 power safe rx
A 42% products kill switch (regular not the zues lol ) powered from the RX
5" Tru Turn aluminum spinner polished up nice and shinny

Prob going to replace the fuel tank and fuel tubing that comes with the plane. I cant decide if I will use a B and B fuel tank or a bottle I make up.
I am going to use the failsafe switch that comes with the RX.
Sounds like a great setup Mike, thanks for posting.

As far as the 2 or 3 aileron servos go, if you dont plan on 3Ding it, I would just go with 2, its all that is recommended for an IMAC setup, and you would save the weight of 2 servos, JMO though.
brandonduley is offline Find More Posts by brandonduley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 05:45 AM
sun.flyer is offline
Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Go Bucks!!!
sun.flyer's Avatar
Swanton, OH USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,591 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonduley View Post
I could just airbrush the case black and write "JR922" on it, then i would have the JR version of the 9100

True dat Duley...........true dat!!

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 05:46 AM
brandonduley is offline
Find More Posts by brandonduley
Let's go flying!!
brandonduley's Avatar
United States, OH, Waynesville
Joined Mar 2007
27,056 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.flyer View Post
True dat Duley...........true dat!!

Tim
rumor has it that your 2011 IMAC plane is actually a blimp??????? any comments on this? lol heard about that the other day. that sounds like it would be a blast.
brandonduley is offline Find More Posts by brandonduley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 AM
sun.flyer is offline
Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Go Bucks!!!
sun.flyer's Avatar
Swanton, OH USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,591 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonduley View Post
rumor has it that your 2011 IMAC plane is actually a blimp??????? any comments on this? lol heard about that the other day. that sounds like it would be a blast.

Chris W. talks to much (but yes the blimp thing is very cool).

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the build when you get yours Brandon.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 AM
brandonduley is offline
Find More Posts by brandonduley
Let's go flying!!
brandonduley's Avatar
United States, OH, Waynesville
Joined Mar 2007
27,056 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.flyer View Post
Chris W. talks to much (but yes the blimp thing is very cool).

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the build when you get yours Brandon.

Tim
LOL not Chris. I'm looking forward this build.
brandonduley is offline Find More Posts by brandonduley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 05:56 AM
sun.flyer is offline
Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Go Bucks!!!
sun.flyer's Avatar
Swanton, OH USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,591 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

You keeping the Carden then as your backup?

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Last edited by sun.flyer; 02-17-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 07:04 AM
brandonduley is offline
Find More Posts by brandonduley
Let's go flying!!
brandonduley's Avatar
United States, OH, Waynesville
Joined Mar 2007
27,056 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.flyer View Post
You keeping the Carden then as your backup?

Tim
Nope, I already sold the Carden to fund the new one. Hated to get rid of it and the DA120, but it was the only way I was going to be able to get the Sukhoi flying this year.
brandonduley is offline Find More Posts by brandonduley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 05:28 PM
John Jennings is offline
Find More Posts by John Jennings
Johnathans Dad.
John Jennings's Avatar
Arlington Texas
Joined Apr 2010
656 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonduley View Post
yes i do have one. Only a few things left to get this thing going. My servos are on the way, RE3's are currently out of stock, so gonna have to wait a few weeks on those. Pretty much need extensions and some other odds and ends, and i should have everything I need.
I have been looking at this plane and wondering how this thing will fly. Two 8711s should be more than enough on the ailerons and will save a little weight too. On a side note I have been waiting on a set of RE3 pipes for 2 months and bought a used set online the other day.
John Jennings is offline Find More Posts by John Jennings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools