logo
Old 07-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by aerofundan
Precision Aerobatics
Panamá
Joined Jan 2006
601 Posts
Precision Aerobatics Electric Shock NEW PLANE!!!!

Guys I just found out that Precision Aerobatics added a new plane to their website, it is called the Electric Shock. Here is what the website says

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p...px?prodID=1081

Precision Aerobatics bring you another top quality model, which takes small profile park flyers to a whole new level.

Enjoy both worlds – PA Electric Shock is a high performance 3D aircraft, at a budget price, but without compromising on PA high quality standards.

This model is unlike any other in the same category. Rather than focusing being as cheap as possible, the Electric Shock sports many unique features:

Two piece removable wings with carbon fiber wing tube, makes the model extremely strong. It is also very easy for transportation and storage, and Yes! You got that right – no hassle of gluing or installing the wings to the fuselage: simply slide in the carbon tube and fasten the wing bolts. As simple as that!

Sophisticated structure engineering and clever use of carbon fiber gives the Electric shock its excellent crash resistance and it’s lightweight.

The Electric Shock features extensive use of carbon fiber throughout the aircraft and when we say EXTENSIVE - we mean it!

Carbon fiber leading edge

Carbon fiber trailing edges

Double carbon fiber main spar

Carbon fiber elevator leading edge

Carbon fiber wing tube

Carbon fiber wing sleeve

Carbon fiber anti-rotation wing pins

Carbon fiber pushrods

Carbon fiber control horns

Carbon fiber motor mount

The Electric Shock is a real ARF and can be built in a couple of hours. The hinges are pre-installed and we even sealed the hinges gap for you! The wings are attached with two bolts and nuts and the fin is already pre-installed. The only assembly stage left for you is to glue the stab in place and attach the rudder. Install your motor and radio gear and you are all set.

We have put a lot of time into the design and testing of the Electric Shock. Special attention was given to the proper geometry of the linkages, so no adjustments are required.

In order to achieve the best performance we have tested every possible CG for this plane. We have worked out the most suitable gear, per our specs, and CG requirement, and we offer you a few combo packages that would save you having to experiment and assuring you get the most out of the aircraft.

The Electric Shock is designed to be flown in a very small space, any cricket field, parking lot or even your backyard will do. It is available in three see-through colour schemes (green, red and purple) so a few can be flown at the same field without confusion.

The Electric Shock is a joy to fly. It allows you to significantly improve your 3D skills without risking your larger and more-expensive models.
This plane performs the most gorgeous flat and upright spins that you have ever experienced! Hovering and stall turns are super easy and the nasty rudder and fuselage allows easy Knife Edge loops. High Alfa harriers, upright and inverted, are extremely stable and easy to perform. In fact we had some fun-flights in which we flattened the battery pack on LLOOOONGG harriers.. Spectacular thumbing manoeuvers from all kinds, super fast axle-rolls, and beautiful rolling circles – this model is excellent for practice this complicated manoeuver…
If you want to learn to hover and torque-roll - the Electric Shock is one of easiest planes to get a very stable hovering. Due to its massive ailerons design, you can stop the plane from torque rolling or even reverse the direction at ease.
The Electric Shock with its large wing area, low flight weight (=very low wing loading), and huge control surfaces allows you a very easy recovery from any manoeuvre at a very low altitude.

Let’s put it this way, if you want to improve your 3D skills the Electric shock will become your best friend! and if you are already an experienced 3D flyer it will be your show off aircraft. In any case, this plane will make you smile.

Go to their website for more:

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p...px?prodID=1081

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this has to be the coolest looking plane in that size!!!! when i look at it, it makes me wanna listen to metallica

Can't wait to get my hands on one

What do you guys think about it??? I'm very impressed it looks to be the most Rock N' Roll plane i have seen
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Find More Posts by king160woody
3D low n' slow!!
United States, AZ, Avondale
Joined Jan 2006
917 Posts
Re: Precision Aerobatics Electric Shock NEW PLANE!!!!

looks like a cool plane.. i like the colors too haha Tell us how it performs!!
king160woody is offline Find More Posts by king160woody
Old 07-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Find More Posts by Redherring
Joined Apr 2006
5 Posts

This looks awesome Dan!!! Will have to get me one I think
Redherring is offline Find More Posts by Redherring
Old 07-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Find More Posts by Vic3D
Suspended Account
Puerto Rico, Caguas, Caguas
Joined Jan 2006
5,011 Posts

Looks awesome!! Can't wait to see a vid!
Vic3D is offline Find More Posts by Vic3D
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 07-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Find More Posts by cochesalido
Sonora, Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
57 Posts

awsome Daniel!! you need to have one and use metalica unforgiven song on the video!! cool!!
cochesalido is offline Find More Posts by cochesalido
Old 07-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Precision Aerobatics
Panamá
Joined Jan 2006
601 Posts

Also Precision says that they will be offering CF landing gear and CF wheels

I think we will have to vote on what metallica song to use for the video!!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Find More Posts by ShortBus
Workin' the pole
Hopewell Jct, NY
Joined Jan 2006
4,483 Posts

Looks cool! I like the color scheme
ShortBus is offline Find More Posts by ShortBus
Old 07-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Find More Posts by RudderAuthority
BigHuckinTrick3D!
North Augusta South Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
288 Posts

VERY very coool. looks very Metallica, Rammstein ish. I want to know how it preforms. If it does good it might be a replacement for my overly heavy foamie.

Also will it have a landing gear?
RudderAuthority is offline Find More Posts by RudderAuthority
Last edited by RudderAuthority; 07-20-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Precision Aerobatics
Panamá
Joined Jan 2006
601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudderAuthority
VERY very coool. looks very Metallica, Rammstein ish. I want to know how it preforms. If it does good it might be a replacement for my overly heavy foamie.

Also will it have a landing gear?
Quote:
Let me explain something about the landing gear.
The standard landing gear supplied with other models in this category just doesn’t work. Most companies recommend taking them off completely. Personally I feel that this traditional spring LG with its plastic wheels will derogate the Electric Shock. I also think that this gear is useless and this type of wheels will break after few landings.
Of course the first thing that comes to mind is carbon fiber landing gear.. but as you can figure out the production of the Electric shock is not cheap and adding to it CF landing gear would make it even more expansive.
In order to keep the retail price competitive we decided to offer the plane with and without the upgraded landing gear.

Now don’t think this upgrade is a must – not at all. After long consideration of this matter we decided to make a good tail skid to protect the big rudder, keep all the four servos on top of the wing with the best linkages geometry we could come up with. Hours been spent on get the friction free linkages movement and the best angle for the servos position. We have also produced the control horns on the CNC machine to keep them accurate.
The location of the servos will prevent any gear stripping of the servos. I had PLENTY of landings with no damage what so ever to the prop or the plane of course. As long as you land while throttle is on idle or zero the prop will always stuck on the horizontal position.

Personally on my Electric Shock (or more precisely my Electric Shocks ) I prefer to fly without the landing gear. I believe that many flyers would prefer it this way as well.

For those who like landing gear we decided to offer something really good. It is uniquely designed high temperature woven carbon fiber landing gear that allows a good prop clearance.
It will also include CNC machined carbon fiber wheels! Yes we are probably the first company to produce such wheels. The new LG and wheels will be tested next week.

Later

Shaun

Precision Aerobatics Team
Thats what Precision said on another forum Doesn't it sounds awesome?
Old 07-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by RustyTumbles
Time for something New......
Newcastle NSW, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
5,050 Posts

I had a look at the prototype here a few months ago at a fun fly event in sydney. Looks very strong and is very light. I believe the motor he had on it was a axi 2208/34. I didn't seem him fly it though which was a shame as I'm sure it would be a great little plane. I've been looking for a new foamie size plane. Maybe this is it.
RustyTumbles is offline Find More Posts by RustyTumbles
Old 07-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Malaysia
Joined Mar 2006
286 Posts

I have had one plane that was built in a similar manner, was a SU-31 profile, smaller than this one though. Even without the carbon, the structure was very strong, and i could elevator the plane from 100 feet up staright to the ground with out fear of major damage. At the most, I would break the landing gear, and just CA it back in place. Usually if I dork it, it repairs almost as fast as a foamy, just press parts back in place and drip thin CA.

Looking at what PA has come up with, its definitely a vast improvement over what I had, with all the carbon bits in there. I think it should fly well also, hope someone will give us a flight report and video soon.
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Old 07-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Find More Posts by RudderAuthority
BigHuckinTrick3D!
North Augusta South Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
288 Posts

I have a grass runway so no landing gear after all unless they are like HUGE light wheels won't do the trick. I just have to start learning how to launch it without someone throwing it. Perfect plane for doing just that.

Chris
RudderAuthority is offline Find More Posts by RudderAuthority
Old 07-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Find More Posts by ShortBus
Workin' the pole
Hopewell Jct, NY
Joined Jan 2006
4,483 Posts

What motor is being used on the Electric Shock?
ShortBus is offline Find More Posts by ShortBus
Old 07-21-2006, 02:15 AM
Find More Posts by robsotelo
GREAT ODENS RAVEN!!
Mercer Island, Washington
Joined Jan 2006
135 Posts

hmm i wonder if an eflite 370 on a 10x4.7 would be good for this babe.
robsotelo is offline Find More Posts by robsotelo
Old 07-21-2006, 05:32 AM
Find More Posts by RustyTumbles
Time for something New......
Newcastle NSW, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
5,050 Posts

The one that shuan had at kemps creek had a axi 2208/34 and a 9x4.7 prop. I will give PA a call next week and find out how much and what motor is best suited to it. Looks to be a great model and I very interested it one now.
RustyTumbles is offline Find More Posts by RustyTumbles

Quick Reply