Old 09-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Find More Posts by TopSan
Deutschland, BB, Borkwalde
Joined Oct 2006
52 Posts
Cool
New 16Ch- Radio made in Germany, fully PC-programmable

Hi Friends around!

Since some weeks and for a review in the German Aufwind- Magazine, i have a very new TX in my hands that i really like!
Does anyone remember the "iVol" that formerly was only a Sim-TX for the Reflex XTR?
In the meantime, that project has grown up to a 16 Channel - Radio that works with the Jeti-Duplex 2,4GHz - System. The big point: that Radio is totally free programmable with a PC-Software called "Hangar" It's name now is "iVol2G16" and it comes from www.baltic-seagull.de in Northern Germany.

Some more data:

- Electronics developed in Germany and built by Jeti...
- The Radio is developed/ built/ assembld in Germany
- 16 Servochannels
- No Limitations, fully free programmable
- 6 Switches, 2 prop. turns, fully adjustable Gimbals and 2 "Movement sensors"
(is that the right english word?) to use X/Y- Movement of the TX for functions and
steering!
- Firm- and Softwqare also in english since July...
- Firmware- and Softwareupdates fully automatic via Internet

I have some pics of the Radio and the Software attached - ff some are interested, i can write some thing more about that radio...

Best regards from Germany...

Frank
TopSan is offline Find More Posts by TopSan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
4,968 Posts
New Radio

Frank,
I'll give this transmitter an "A" for it's innovation but the boys in the style department are gonna have to step up to the plate as far as it's looks. Keep us posted on it's field operation.
WT
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 09-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Joined Oct 2006
52 Posts
Hi WT !

Well... Personal taste, i guess - because i like that shape

So if one can "stand" that C-shape: those 2 Plastic covers are changeable like on your cellphones. They sell 10+ different colors atm, i think - including carbon style :-)

What i had forgotten in that first post: the JetiBox is also integreated in that radio. You can switch to the Jetibox- Mode; than the digital trimmers are used as the four buttons on the jeti Box.

Also you have the whole Telemetry shown on the display.
BTW Display: it is lighted and you can choose color, contrast and brightness...

I am using a Multiplex MC 4000 with 3 switchable 2,4 GHZ-Systems inside - and that iVol2G16- radio now got me: after 12 weeks testing for that review, i love it and use ist as my new "main TX" :-)

Some more pics are attached - but sorry, all from the German Software version...
Last edited by TopSan; 09-12-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
That is pretty awesome.
I love technology, especially advancements in it!
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 12-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Joined Oct 2006
52 Posts
Next step_ Android-App for programming that radio...

Hi friends around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyC View Post
That is pretty awesome.

Me too - especially when products like this are coming from a very little company und not from a huge "somethousend+ shareholders thing" tht does not really care when i as one of 10 Million customers have a question or a wish

Believe it or not: the manufacturer of the iVol radio ("Baltic-Seagull") is an 7 or 8 people- company, located in Kiel in the North of Germany!
Normally they invent custom electronics in Hard- and software for industrial purposes...

I did the maiden on my new Aeroworks SportCub S2 1,5 weeks ago with this radio: right at the moment of leaving ground, i got an alarm from the radio
Looks like it was a bit cold for the 12S LiPo's on that day (only 0 - 2 Celsius) and so my flight batteries dropped below 40 Volts at 95 amps. Phew - so the Alarm showed no real problem at that time but i had to breath one time deeply after that "...-"- BEEP at takeoff

So from that i learned that also the integrated JetiBox- and Telemetry- Functions are working great on the iVol Display and Alarm Beeper!

As far is i skyped with Andreas, the head of Baltic Seagull some days ago, they started with porting the Hangar Software to Android! So we can expect to program that radio with tablets or smartphones soon -> their plan is to roll out the first closed beta around springtime!

Also there will be an industrial version of that radio soon - for me that's a good hint of how safe that radio has to be and that those guys really trust in their own products

Have some nice and calm days around christmas with your families and friends - best regards from Germany!

Frank
Old 12-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Chix fly too.
Joined Jul 2011
1,079 Posts
A radio I can program from my ipad, that would be awesome. Much better than having a complicated, heavy and expensive interface on the radio, post flight telemetry going back to the ipad would be even better. 19 point curves, awesome. completey free programming, wicked, Jeti modules, perfect.

I kinda like the design generally, but the TX case does look a little Fisher Price ambience about it at this point. Paint it in a Hello Kitty theme and really mess with people heads when you turn up to an IMAC comp with it.

My german is good enough to rent a hotel or order a beer, any chance of some more english details?

Yeah, and how much and when?
Languid Virago is offline Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Old 12-25-2011, 06:44 AM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
$589 euro ($797 usd) according to the website.
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Old 12-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by skyesdad
irving, texas
Joined Jan 2006
265 Posts
Nice
skyesdad is offline Find More Posts by skyesdad
Old 12-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
8,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyC View Post
That is pretty awesome.
+1
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 12-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Joined Oct 2006
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggintuff View Post
$589 euro ($797 usd) according to the website.

Hehehe, when i have a look ant some upcoming radios 2500$ +, i really love to write the following line

The radio's price is 499 Euros!
589 Euros is the price for the "Trainer version" with a built in wireless Trainer-system that can read every Jeti duplex equipped radio

One can already try the hangar- software for windows without having the TX:
http://download.ivol.info/iVolHangar/publish.htm
(Hangar speaks german and english)
I can post some already programmed models for playing around with them - that will make some things easy to understand the "how to program in a quite new way" :-)

I wrote a review for the German "Aufwind- Magazin" some weeks ago. If you can read german, i can mail those three pages to you...

Have some nice and calm days and a great new year!

Best regards from Borkwalde near Berlin/ Germany

Frank

Aehm... BTW: no, i have nothing to do with that company and i do not get any money to tell "hey world, there's the ivol" - i just love my hobby and i like to tell around when they are great new things on the market, one can buy without selling house and car before :-)
Last edited by TopSan; 12-26-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:16 AM
Find More Posts by aussie_flyer
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSan View Post
Hi friends around!

Me too - especially when products like this are coming from a very little company und not from a huge "somethousend+ shareholders thing" tht does not really care when i as one of 10 Million customers have a question or a wish

Believe it or not: the manufacturer of the iVol radio ("Baltic-Seagull") is an 7 or 8 people- company, located in Kiel in the North of Germany!
Normally they invent custom electronics in Hard- and software for industrial purposes...

I did the maiden on my new Aeroworks SportCub S2 1,5 weeks ago with this radio: right at the moment of leaving ground, i got an alarm from the radio
Looks like it was a bit cold for the 12S LiPo's on that day (only 0 - 2 Celsius) and so my flight batteries dropped below 40 Volts at 95 amps. Phew - so the Alarm showed no real problem at that time but i had to breath one time deeply after that "...-"- BEEP at takeoff

So from that i learned that also the integrated JetiBox- and Telemetry- Functions are working great on the iVol Display and Alarm Beeper!

As far is i skyped with Andreas, the head of Baltic Seagull some days ago, they started with porting the Hangar Software to Android! So we can expect to program that radio with tablets or smartphones soon -> their plan is to roll out the first closed beta around springtime!

Also there will be an industrial version of that radio soon - for me that's a good hint of how safe that radio has to be and that those guys really trust in their own products

Have some nice and calm days around christmas with your families and friends - best regards from Germany!

Frank
I use to go to Kiel many times in the '80's for technical training at Dr Hell scanning machines. Nice place in summer, rather nasty in winter. Long way from my home.
aussie_flyer is offline Find More Posts by aussie_flyer
Old 01-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Oct 2006
52 Posts
Hi Aussi-Flyer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_flyer View Post
I use to go to Kiel many times in the '80's for technical training at Dr Hell scanning machines. Nice place in summer, rather nasty in winter. Long way from my home.
I have been there and also in Flensburg years ago when i was in army - both times 6 months during winter...

You're right - the German coast (both eastern and northern sea...) line is a really nasty place to be during winter season - even when it's not sooooooooo far away from home (600km only at that time for me :-)

Now i live some km SE from Berlin - not soooo greta in summer but much better during the winter season :-)

To speak about the radio: some friends and myself atm are going to build a little box to use other TX-modules with the iVol2G16 radio, using the PPM out at the front or maybe from the 20Pin- Bus on the back of the radio...

I myself want a Spektrum module box (for all those little "BNF-drugs" made by E-Flite and Parkzone...
My friend wants a ACT S3D- Box (that's another German 2,4 GHz- System, using double TX Hardware in one module)

So we will try to build something more "universal" box thing that can be attached to the iVol Radio somehow and that can be used with different TX-modules. Our target is to have several little "TX-boxes", for example one with Spektrum, on board, one with ACT, one with *whatever*...

Will take a while but will work :-)

Best regards from Borkwalde - somewhere in the deepest Brandenburg forest

Frank
Last edited by TopSan; 01-04-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by skyrock
Gettin' Lower!
Joined Dec 2009
95 Posts
Don't let us forget.....

Don't let us forget, it is illegal to fly Jeti in US!!!

Jeti doesn't have passed any FCC test so flying with Jeti in US is a high risk!

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by BR289
Pro Pit Biotch
United States, PA, Whitehall
Joined Jan 2006
4,073 Posts
BR289 is offline Find More Posts by BR289
Old 01-04-2012, 02:26 PM