Old 06-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts
Discussion
Best RCAirplaneStands

Dear Friends,

How many of you have been frustrated by lack of flexibility in available stands while working on a plane?
How many of you have multiple stands in your shop and not happy with any of them?
How many of you have seen way too many stands out on RCU for sale, all claim to be the best?
Well, I have to tell you the answer to above questions for me is guilty as charged on all counts!!!!

I finally bought two sawhorse and worked on my planes on those but they were not easy to move around nor secure so I would have to strap my plane in case the CG is such that plane feels unstable at the tail end!

All this is over now! I can get rid of my 3 stands and 2 sawhorses!

Gene has designed a stand that fits all my planes like it was made for them! It allows me to adjust so many things to make working on the plane so much easier and it’s got wheels so I can roll the stand anywhere in my shop!

I can’t believe that I saw Gene’s ads and I simply walked away!! Blame it on too many stand ads on the net that claim they are better than others!

Well, this year at Nall, I saw Quique and Mike McConville having this nice stand. Kevin Kimball was there too so I ask them who made the stands for you! Kevin hands me Gene’s card and says don’t bother as we bought them all! There’s none left!

From that point on I was on a mission to find Gene and tell him what a stellar product I think he has and get one!

I admire people who think out of the box! I admire people who at any level and in any form or shape move this hobby forward! I admire seeing a husband and wife hand in hand together make something that makes a difference in our hobby! Thank you Gene and Lois!

If you want a stand to work on your planes and you want the Best, look no further!

I finally received mine last night and love the quality of the wood, the elegance of the design and the versatility of it! All needed to be done was to glue and bolt the legs BUT I did not glue them as I want this stand to be even more versatile and compact for transportation to the field! I am going to give this a little thought to see how it can be made to come detached with bolts! For now I just used the wood screw bolts provided and it is holding up great!

I hope that Gene and Lois be able to make a small business out of their idea and hard work! I salute their workmanship, I salute their passion for the hobby and I salute their determination!

Here are some pictures for you my friends to enjoy! Thanks to this stand, I am getting rid of the others and will have more room in my busy shop!

Thank you,
Reza
Reza is offline Find More Posts by Reza
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by N726AC
Seven.Four Liters
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Sep 2006
7,501 Posts
Solid product !! Here is a link to their website, also available from RARC. http://rcairplanestands.com/1.html
I like this photo the best.

N726AC is offline Find More Posts by N726AC
Old 06-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by audi murf
Uber Contributor
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
Been using it for over a year now. Only thing I did was reinforce the mounting plate for the wheels.
audi murf is offline Find More Posts by audi murf
Old 06-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts
Wow! I didn't even know they had dealers!
Nice pic

audi murf: Why did you have to reinforce it! Looks plenty strong! Did you have issues afterwards?

If I knew about this stand, I would've saved myself lots of headache and backache!

I'll snap some photos once I start putting the use
Old 06-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by shadow1100
Spinner Expert
Snellville, Ga
Joined May 2006
980 Posts
I have one of Gene's Stands also. It is the best stand PERIOD!!!!! It is the only stand that is infinitely adjustable, you can work on small electric planes all the way up to 42 % gassers and everything in between. I do a lot of building and a lot of repairs (NOT MINE) and I can't do it without RCplanestands.

Thanks Gene for an awesome product,

Steve J
shadow1100 is offline Find More Posts by shadow1100
Old 06-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Find More Posts by audi murf
Uber Contributor
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
The base the casters are mounted to are stappled to the lower frame. I just ran some wood screws in all of them them when one gave Out with my 37% edge on the stand. Only flaw IMO with putting the bigger planes on them.
audi murf is offline Find More Posts by audi murf
Old 06-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts
I'm not sure why Gene calls it RC Airplane Stand!!! It ain't to me
Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Find More Posts by jwilson32
Doo It! Doo It!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jun 2010
200 Posts
Those are cool! Another one I like, especially for the field is one I bought from Harbor Freight for $19.99. It works really well although its a bit wide. It holds up to 300lbs per the specs. It has no problem holding my 37% edge or 36% sbach.
jwilson32 is offline Find More Posts by jwilson32
Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Find More Posts by Jaybird
Jay Florida
Joined Jan 2006
3,713 Posts
I used one of Gene's stands this weekend at the farm to set the radio up in a 35% Edge. They are awesome, and not to mention he is a heck of a nice guy! I will purchase one soon!
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts
That's an OK short term solution! Two sawhorses would even work better than that because of the wider support where your airplane sits! All that said, there's no way to compare these two stands! I build a lot and I have many planes! I have 3 different stands that I know I will never touch them again!

I feel so strong about this stand and its quality that I am surprised this never made it on a spot light like FG front page!!! SleepyC, you hear me? Guys like Gene and his wife need to have attention and support so they continue doing what they started!

I used the stand more this past weekend and I am in love with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson32 View Post
Those are cool! Another one I like, especially for the field is one I bought from Harbor Freight for $19.99. It works really well although its a bit wide. It holds up to 300lbs per the specs. It has no problem holding my 37% edge or 36% sbach.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
I have one and support this message
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Old 06-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Doo It! Doo It!
Joined Jun 2010
200 Posts
Looks like an awesome stand for sure! I was just showing what i've used and works for me as the title says best Rc airplane stands...
Old 06-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts
J, No drama here at all I appreciate you showing yours! I hope it didn't come across objective as it was not my intention! Cheers buddy, Reza

Quote:
Looks like an awesome stand for sure! I was just showing what i've used and works for me as the title says best Rc airplane stands...
Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by parpar1
Fast can be bad
Garden Grove, CA
Joined Nov 2009
3,577 Posts
Quote:
Apples and oranges.
The one reza is showing is a true "work stand" You can place the plane, or boat, in multiple orientations.

It is almost as good as my folding table and two 20 pack beer boxes notched with a beach towel over them to protect the plane surface. EDIT that was a joke son!

Thanks for posting Reza. I like it. A must have for the shop.

Reza stop being so damn NICE. You are killing me with your niceness.
parpar1 is offline Find More Posts by parpar1
Last edited by parpar1; 06-11-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Doo It! Doo It!
Joined Jun 2010
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
J, No drama here at all I appreciate you showing yours! I hope it didn't come across objective as it was not my intention! Cheers buddy, Reza
Not at all my man. And btw, you have a nice stand...

Jordan

Quick Reply