to remove ads between posts
Old 08-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Tex
Find More Posts by Tex
Tex
United States, TX, Iowa Park
Joined Aug 2007
2,478 Posts
Allrighty then.........thanks for the pics.......Who is the funny looking guy with the white sunglasses......He kinda looks familiar........
Tex is offline Find More Posts by Tex
Old 08-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by miller6196
United States, OH, Canton
Joined Jun 2011
8 Posts
Real nice.One of the regulars cant show so they cancel the thing untill saturday.Are you freaking kidding me!We got to sit and wait all day to get a good spot and watch and then we get"joe shmoe cant make it so we are just going to postpone it till tomarrow.What an operation!never again!
miller6196 is offline Find More Posts by miller6196
Old 08-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Just Here For The Comments
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Mar 2007
6,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller6196 View Post
Real nice.One of the regulars cant show so they cancel the thing untill saturday.Are you freaking kidding me!We got to sit and wait all day to get a good spot and watch and then we get"joe shmoe cant make it so we are just going to postpone it till tomarrow.What an operation!never again!
Today was only supposed to be the final qualifier. The King 50 finals is on Saturday. You should have read the schedule.
BOSSIER_ROB is offline Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Old 08-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Find More Posts by miller6196
United States, OH, Canton
Joined Jun 2011
8 Posts
I didnt come to watch the finals.i came to watch all the participants, not just the top 10.Yea, make like i didnt understand the program becuse they changed it to suit there needs.I didnt mention anything about the finals.I think your the one not understanding what they are reading.
miller6196 is offline Find More Posts by miller6196
Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Just Here For The Comments
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Mar 2007
6,745 Posts
Quote:
I didnt come to watch the finals.i came to watch all the participants, not just the top 10.Yea, make like i didnt understand the program becuse they changed it to suit there needs.I didnt mention anything about the finals.I think your the one not understanding what they are reading.
You're right. You called it "the thing". So clear.
BOSSIER_ROB is offline Find More Posts by BOSSIER_ROB
Old 08-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Find More Posts by pgls421
Flyin' Around
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2010
22 Posts
Quote:
They canceled the qualification round? If so I agree that's kind of a drag and not very fair to the people who showed up on a Friday!! seems like they could have added a last min qualification round on Saturday AM for people that just couldn't make it on Friday. I think the king 50 is great but if you want people to respect it like a true "sporting event" or competition you have to set rule and keep them.
pgls421 is offline Find More Posts by pgls421
Old 08-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Tex
Find More Posts by Tex
Tex
Joined Aug 2007
2,478 Posts
Quote:
These events are for everybody to get together and have fun with a little friendly competition thrown in for mostly bragging rights. With some of the top companies in this hobby giving out free goodies to everyone that spends a mear $1 or $2 for a raffle ticket. It was probably agreed with all the pilots there to wait until one of the Regulars (bad a$$ pilot) could make it, because most of the FG members are almost like family and we all try to take care of each other. If you want to see some flying right now I know there are thousands of video's on this site that you can watch. And as for any money that you spent to watch the show, you can send me you info in a private message and I will give you your money back. I suggest you have a beer and talk to some of the regulars and learn as much as you can. That alone is worth 10x's what you spent.
Last edited by Tex; 08-17-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by Bryant330L
Salem, Indiana ........USA!
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Bobby, I gave up a around $1200 to come up and I missed out. Want my address? LOL Send me some money!!!
Bryant330L is offline Find More Posts by Bryant330L
Old 08-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Tex
Find More Posts by Tex
Tex
Joined Aug 2007
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant330L View Post
Bobby, I gave up a around $1200 to come up and I missed out. Want my address? LOL Send me some money!!!
LOL......I know better than that......
Old 08-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Tex
Find More Posts by Tex
Tex
Joined Aug 2007
2,478 Posts
Are you going ?
Old 08-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by Bryant330L
Salem, Indiana ........USA!
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Hahahahaha... no I'm not going. Too far away for me.
Bryant330L is offline Find More Posts by Bryant330L
Old 08-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Find More Posts by pgls421
Flyin' Around
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2010
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
These events are for everybody to get together and have fun with a little friendly competition thrown in for mostly bragging rights. With some of the top companies in this hobby giving out free goodies to everyone that spends a mear $1 or $2 for a raffle ticket. It was probably agreed with all the pilots there to wait until one of the Regulars (bad a$$ pilot) could make it, because most of the FG members are almost like family and we all try to take care of each other. If you want to see some flying right now I know there are thousands of video's on this site that you can watch. And as for any money that you spent to watch the show, you can send me you info in a private message and will give you your money back. I suggest you have a beer and talk to some of the regulars and learn as much as you can. That alone is worth 10x's what you spent.
Understand and agree!! but if your promoting this as a competition and asking sponsors to pay $$ for there logo on a wall to increase the prize money you just made it more than just a friendly competition. If you want to keep this as "just a fun fly event" then keep it up and return the money the event sponsors paid!!!
pgls421 is offline Find More Posts by pgls421