Find More Posts by GizmoMadMax
MadMax Engineer
United States, PA
Joined May 2008
504 Posts
Discussion
3DHS Support Issues Since Move From Texas to PA

Hello folks,

I hate to complain, but it is real frustrating for us customers, when we seem to have NO Avenue to get a hold of 3DHS anymore. Since the move to Lancaster from Texas, it has BEEN Impossible to get a hold of someone for parts or support with the new phone number posted on their web site.

Please don't shoot the messenger becuase i am posting this reality. This is my last ditch effort in pleading for someone at 3DHS to take notice to the problem.... This forum is to reach the manufacturer, so here i am trying our last avenue....

What is going on with 3DHS, there is no way left to get a hold of anyone, no one is home; i have tried for months and then again today.... same situation from last time i tried in May & June.

There is seemingly NO WAY to get a hold of the owner ( Ben ) to supply feedback, NOR does that new phone number seem to work, nor does the old Texas phone number work.

#1 PHONE: I called 3DHS for over a month back in May & June timeframe, no answer, day after day, week after week, then i call today for more parts and support, and once again, the phone loops and has old messages from May on there...

#2 EMAIL: I emailed 3DHS in May / June, not a single reply, no one is home...

#3 TODAY: Now again, that phone number is useless. (you can't leave a message, you can't get someon on the phone, the phone loops endlessly that the phone hours are now closed here at 1240pm ET) (maybe they were at lunch, but heck state that on the recording and allow us to leave a message...? )

#4 Then 4th and lastly, the retail location for 3DHS in Lanc does not stock many parts or accessories, only full kits, nor will they take orders for parts, only mail order... many of us live down the street and we would love to place an order and pick it up at the store....

#5 PARTS: Why is it, that parts are NOT available for planes that are NOT very old, maybe only a year old, but no longer seem to available, at leaset a few of us could NOT find it (then I just recently found & spoke with a 3dhs employee who confirmed the stuff is discontinued & the logic was to just buy a whole new plane).
So in my case I had support questions and needed some parts for the not so old Yellow 42" AJ slick.
So originally seeking to confirm if parts were not or seemingly not in stock?? (we could not find them)
(If GM or Dell or Apple only stocked parts for a year, they would go out of business)
I tried to purchase several items: 1. Yellow Fuse(now repaired due to no response in months), 2. former/older 2 piece carbon fiber landing gear(new 42" model is now a 1 piece gear) (I tried to call & email to ask if newer 1 piece will match the former 2 piece carbon gear set?), 3. yellow scheme wheel pants.
(Now, if i would have gotten through, my original order was for a few $$ hundred bucks in replacement parts and other parts: Fuse $80(now repaired due to no response in months-Flys perfect, except 72g motor too weak), landing gear $15, wheel pants $12, omega 103gram motor $60, a couple servo arm kits $26, thumb screw my kid lost $, a few foamy wood control arm kits, props, etc... So substantial money to be spent...

(Then i also needed support for the suggestion they made last May/JoeNall, where they said go with 72gram motor if i go with the plane. Great plane, BUT the plane is a turd with the 72gram omega motor, so i am so disappointed, so i assume the 103gram motor will wake this puppy up, so again, ligit support call and questions, simple valuable customer support neeeded)

#6 NO SUGGESTION LINE: We would love to see 3DHS come out with an upgrade on the Large 48" EPP foamy. The wings are too short and too thin for this size aircraft, sure it flies, but it needs more airfoil and wings a little longer. So a retrofit wing set we could purchase or trade up would be GREAT !!!
(Sure, we can hang it on the prop, harrier it, rolls, etc, but i give the sticks to anyone at our local PA & DE clubs and first thing out of their mouths is the flight characteristics and wings.. I NEVER bait them, i just share the plane and they speak up and i always laugh and say, wow, you thought the same thing, lol, really funny )

I hope the owner Ben sees this post and understands we as customers are always right.
See as DuPont states from market research, that if 1 persson complains, then stats show that at least 20% to 40% of the consumers have the same complaint and suggestions.

I like the products, but this is causing many of us to purchase else where, for example, one of our club members just decided against 3DHS & went with the 50cc PAU Extra 300SP 30% over an AJ.

So please hear us and please seek to resolve the issues we are seeing out here as customers.

(Yes, WE (Father & Son) own 4 3DHS planes !! AJ, Velox, Yak 54 and Edge 540, & 12 other frame brands RTF & 5 Micros [Fav micro is our 2 Father & Son UMX Extra 300's !] )

Thank you for listening and understanding!
Cheers

P.S. We love & Fully Support Joe Smith & The Joe Smith Family Team !!!
GizmoMadMax is offline Find More Posts by GizmoMadMax
Last edited by GizmoMadMax; 09-07-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoMadMax View Post
I hope the owner Ben sees this post and understands we as customers are always right.
I think in this hobby "always" is subject to fierce debate....
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 08-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Find More Posts by theKM
needs more yaw authority
Central PA
Joined Oct 2008
1,748 Posts
sorry that you can't get through. Some details in the post are a little weird though...

- 3DHS stocks parts. but like anything, it's possible that we're sold out on a given item until the next batch
- Anyone just down the street would know that Extreme RC Hobbies are our walk-in showroom, and that they have access to anything in stock at 3DHS not already in their store. If you call ahead, they will have it in their store when you walk-in. This arrangement is superior to anything 3DHS has previously had, the showroom area of 3DHS product is pretty awesome, can go in, browse, look over the planes, etc etc
- No suggestion line?... people get in touch with us all the time, repeatedly, every day. The wing on the 48" EPP planes wont get thicker, for a number of reasons. Wing area/cubic loading/flying style are all linked and is personal preference, but in short these planes are flying as desired.

outside of this, apologies for the hassles, effort is being applied to improving.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old 08-27-2012, 02:13 PM
MadMax Engineer
United States, PA
Joined May 2008
504 Posts
Hey, thanks for the reply, BUT NO WAY will the showroom / storefront order parts.
THEY HAVE STATED FLAT OUT MANY TIMES, they can NOT order parts, no way to get parts... THEY only stock kits, no parts or accessories, they state we MUST order from the website if we want something not in the store.

This was NOT a 1 time situation, this has been told to me and others several times by the store folks. I purposely have called and stopped in the store many many many times to make purchases and attempted to purchase 3DHS parts and accessories for our planes and other motors and gear for my other aircraft.

They will NOT obtain parts!!!! Heck, if they would, I and others would call ahead often, heck that would be GREAT!! (So far, it has been too much of a hassle for them to work this out. There seems to be no desire to worry about the small stuff is the impression, sort of a nickle and dime viewpoint, order on the web they state... )

So far this past spring & summer, 100% everytime i call, no good = either full mailbox, or loops, (honestly, not making this up).

Also, I hate to say it, but please let me be honest, i am getting PM's stating they have had the same problem and thus 3DHS has lost them as a customer. heck, one PM stated they even sold their plane due to lack of being able to get support either via phone or email.
So please hear the customers words, and somehow figure out how to handle the customers feedback, thanks for listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
sorry that you can't get through. Some details in the post are a little weird though...

- 3DHS stocks parts. but like anything, it's possible that we're sold out on a given item until the next batch
- Anyone just down the street would know that Extreme RC Hobbies are our walk-in showroom, and that they have access to anything in stock at 3DHS not already in their store. If you call ahead, they will have it in their store when you walk-in. This arrangement is superior to anything 3DHS has previously had, the showroom area of 3DHS product is pretty awesome, can go in, browse, look over the planes, etc etc
- No suggestion line?... people get in touch with us all the time, repeatedly, every day. The wing on the 48" EPP planes wont get thicker, for a number of reasons. Wing area/cubic loading/flying style are all linked and is personal preference, but in short these planes are flying as desired.

outside of this, apologies for the hassles, effort is being applied to improving.
Last edited by GizmoMadMax; 08-27-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:19 PM
MadMax Engineer
United States, PA
Joined May 2008
504 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by GizmoMadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post

I think in this hobby "always" is subject to fierce debate....

well, i can see your point, can be, configurations and such and what cause & effects were...
Old 08-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Find More Posts by octanehuffer
United States, MN, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2007
915 Posts
I made a company switch based on feed back from other fliers and 3DHS seemed like a great place to deal with. Got a Slick running in May of this year. About 60 flights on it thus far. Broke the main gear on it in July. I haven't been able to make ANY contact with the company to make an order and just gave up on them. I sincerely give companies the benifit of the doubt, but am moving on the Extreme Flight to give them a try. When Quique was in business and I needed something for one of his many planes I have, Molly or Quique answered the phone promptly and I always got my parts within a week. Sadly, two others at my field have got the same 3DHS plane I got because it flew great once I let them fly it, but continually backordered parts and no customer support doesn't sit well with me, so I'm moving on.
octanehuffer is offline Find More Posts by octanehuffer
Old 08-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Find More Posts by McFlymaster
Gettin' Lower!
Switzerland, BL, Allschwil
Joined Feb 2008
70 Posts
I miss Queque...that was good service.
McFlymaster is offline Find More Posts by McFlymaster
Old 08-27-2012, 03:12 PM
MadMax Engineer
United States, PA
Joined May 2008
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octanehuffer View Post
I made a company switch based on feed back from other fliers and 3DHS seemed like a great place to deal with. Got a Slick running in May of this year. About 60 flights on it thus far. Broke the main gear on it in July. I haven't been able to make ANY contact with the company to make an order and just gave up on them. I sincerely give companies the benifit of the doubt, but am moving on the Extreme Flight to give them a try. When Quique was in business and I needed something for one of his many planes I have, Molly or Quique answered the phone promptly and I always got my parts within a week. Sadly, two others at my field have got the same 3DHS plane I got because it flew great once I let them fly it, but continually backordered parts and no customer support doesn't sit well with me, so I'm moving on.
Yea, the PM's (Private Messages) are starting to roll into my inbox with the same complaints you noted and what i noted.

The PM's are stating the following theme: "They like the planes, but many have moved on due to our similar complaints..." They gave up on 3DHS and threw in the towell in frustration and anger, and some stated they will NEVER purchase another 3dHS product due to this past years issues noted here...

NOTE: I will NOT mention any names from the PM's I am getting !!! They are private notes to me, i will only summarize what we as customers are facing. Remember, listen to the customers.
Last edited by GizmoMadMax; 08-27-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:16 PM
MadMax Engineer
United States, PA
Joined May 2008
504 Posts
NOW FOR THE RECORD, I personally like the planes, my son & I have the 48" Velox & the 42" AJ Slick.

Also FOR THE RECORD, I & my son LOVE JOE SMITH !!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Smith and his father and mother, their whole Family are Awesome !!!
We LOVE Joe Smith, his flying, his personality, great great great family!!!
Honor's & much respect to Joe Smith and his parents !!!!

Also their video productions are great !!!! What a team !!! Keep em flying !!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
5,433 Posts
one of two things may be happening,they are sold out of parts and can't get replacement or they are to busy selling new planes.
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 08-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by futile flight
stick banger
United States, FL, Plant City
Joined Jul 2011
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octanehuffer View Post

50 cc slick main gear ? http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/89-AJ-Sli...r_p_15055.html ?

appears to be out of stock

I think that there is truth on both sides of this original thread's complaint sadly not sure what's going to happen .. the reaction of just ordering from someone else would have to take affect on a mass effect because they are extremely popular

and the other factor ... who's really someone else ? they don't have much competition
futile flight is offline Find More Posts by futile flight
Old 08-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by octanehuffer
United States, MN, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2007
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by futile flight View Post
50 cc slick main gear ? http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/89-AJ-Sli...r_p_15055.html ?

appears to be out of stock

I think that there is truth on both sides of this original thread's complaint sadly not sure what's going to happen .. the reaction of just ordering from someone else would have to take affect on a mass effect because they are extremely popular

and the other factor ... who's really someone else ? they don't have much competition
It really doesn't matter who someone else is. The fact that there is no customer service or parts availability would lead me to believe that most any company I choose will be better. I like how the planes fly, but also after 60 flights. I can move my wings fore and aft about an inch at the tip. ALMOST allowing the anti rotation pins to come out of the fuse. I also broke the fuse support under the canopy from doing KE snaps in pattern fashion. The planes are great at hucking because they are so light, but makes it fragile. I had to scab the broken gear with a piece of aluminum and electircal tape to be able to fly the plane again. After a month of waiting. I can't wait forever for a simple landing gear to come in stock. Until I knock the anti rotation pins out of the wings and add threaded nylon bolts, I find my self not caring if this plane blows the wings off.
octanehuffer is offline Find More Posts by octanehuffer
Old 08-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,753 Posts
Unfortunately, since 3DHS moved last summer the company has changed. Numerous threads on FG, over the last few months, have repeated the same concerns: low inventory, trouble getting a response to a question, limited parts support and high shipping prices. You do need to give them credit for a great website which is often overlooked.

For some buying from 3DHS is worth any hassle, to me...well I have moved on.
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Last edited by 5150flyer; 08-27-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM
MadMax Engineer
United States, PA
Joined May 2008
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150flyer View Post
Unfortunately, since 3DHS moved last summer the company has changed. Numerous threads on FG, over the last few months, have repeated the same concerns: low inventory, trouble getting a response to a question, limited parts support and high shipping prices. You do need to give them credit for a great website which is often overlooked.

For some buying from 3DHS is worth any hassle, to me...well I have moved on.

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Wow, your subtitle/signature quote line is somewhat parallel to this discussion, lol, wow
Old 08-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by n2201y
Account Closed
United States, AR, Magnolia
Joined Jan 2011
751 Posts
The reason you are getting all the pm's is because usually when someone speaks out about a problem with 3dhs, they get flamed and bashed to hell and back. I own one, but have never been able to get ahold of them on the phone. So far everything I have needed has been available online.
What I don't like about this whole deal, is when someone speaks out about a problem, folks put them down and try to make them feel stupid to where it scares the rest of us from speaking out. Hence all the pm's you got from all the folks that feel the same way that you do but don't want to post in public.

But, Arron says they are working on it, and I hope they are, cause the planes do fly good and I'd like to see them stay around. But if they don't and the masses start buying brand E instead and they go out of business, oh well, they are just toy airplanes and everybody is making them these days. lol!
n2201y is offline Find More Posts by n2201y

Quick Reply