logo
Old 04-10-2014, 07:08 AM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Discussion
Toledo Show Cool Product: Aeroworks 120cc/60cc Freestyle Extra 260 QBL

Hey guys, another cool product release at the 2014 Toledo show was Aeroworks’ new 60cc and 120cc Freestyle Extra 260 QBLs! Rocco took all the best parts of the awesome flying 30cc Freestyle QBL and added even more awesome to the mix. The planes are HUGE and light and should be the perfect compliment to your favorite 60 - 70cc and 100-120cc engines.

Rocco added newly designed SFG’s, mid wing SFG’s and even Stab SFG’s which he said allows you to do some really cool maneuvers. Rudder only KE and flat turns to name a few. Also Rocco has brought the price down a bit by allowing you to hinge your own surfaces and not including the throw meter, fuel tank, velcro and such. You can still buy that package separately, but for all you guys who like to use your own materials, now you are not being charged for that stuff.

The HUGE 120cc plane will come in under $1000!! And the 60cc will be $699. Both are really nice deals considering you still get the Aeroworks quality.

I’m finishing up the Toledo Podcast and the first person I speak to is Rocco, so please check out the Podcast forum later today , and you can hear Rocco tell you more about these planes and Aeroworks in general!

For more info on the Aeroworks 120cc/60cc Freestyle Extra 260 QBL’s check out: Aeroworks
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Last edited by SleepyC; 04-10-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 AM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Pics:

The 30cc Freestyle, the one that started it all!

The 120cc Freestyle Extra 260 QBL

120cc info

120cc Tail SFG’s

120cc Main Wing SFG’s

120cc Main Wing Throws

60cc Freestyle Extra 260 QBL

60cc Details
Old 04-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,617 Posts
I heard its supposed to weigh about 25-26lbs dry. That's impressive, and has ~400 more squares then the EF 110" yak. I'm happy AW and Rocco have seen the light! No pun intended!
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 04-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by jace
Yak Attack
United States, UT, Cedar City
Joined Mar 2011
395 Posts
LOOKS BAD ASS!!
jace is offline Find More Posts by jace
Old 04-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Find More Posts by Spridal
Joined May 2010
587 Posts
Very nice planes. I just hope they do something with thier website. Rocky if you are reading this thread, please update your site. I really believe you would get more traffic if the site was'nt so outdated and slow.
Spridal is offline Find More Posts by Spridal
Old 04-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Find More Posts by jbarnes
United States, CO, Mead
Joined Jan 2007
288 Posts
Kind of strange they call it Quick Build but yet he took a step back from that by now having you hinge your own surfaces? So this bird is not as Quick as the previous Quick Build. Jerry.
jbarnes is offline Find More Posts by jbarnes
Old 04-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by Pappy
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Nov 2006
1,222 Posts
I've been looking and don't see them (and get tired of waiting for the site to respond).
Pappy is offline Find More Posts by Pappy
Old 04-10-2014, 01:15 PM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spridal View Post
Very nice planes. I just hope they do something with thier website. Rocky if you are reading this thread, please update your site. I really believe you would get more traffic if the site was'nt so outdated and slow.
Rocco said in Toledo they have a new site almost ready to go.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:16 PM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnes View Post
Kind of strange they call it Quick Build but yet he took a step back from that by now having you hinge your own surfaces? So this bird is not as Quick as the previous Quick Build. Jerry.
Speaking to many modelers, well over 60% of people always say "I wish I could hinge my own ailerons."
So Rocco listened. He wanted to bring prices down while offering the same quality, so cutting pre-glued hinges saved money and met a demand that a lot of people wanted.

now you can use your personal glue selection, leave as much or little room as you want and even use brand specific hinges if you like. Personally I see this as a huge plus!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by Aero-Works
Joined Dec 2009
391 Posts
Thanks Steve for the great post and to everyone for your comments and interest in our new Freestyle 260 QB-L planes. They are still part of our QB line but offer lighter construction, larger wing area and larger control surfaces with greater throw. I decided not to have the hinges come pre glued due to customer feedback and to help reduce the overall price. It also ensures the builder to get all the throw he wants.

The QB-L planes still come as highly pre-fabricated and ready to assemble as our other QB models and the build time is still very fast and similar to our QB planes. Like Steve mentioned at the beginning of the post I removed some of the smaller items, like fuel tank, Velcro wraps, fuel filler dot, throw meter and some smaller items to help keep the price as low as possible. So far the response has been very positive and most of our customers say they either don’t use some of those items or already have throw meters and extra fuel tanks from their other QB models.

I am working a new site and am trying to launch it as soon as we can. I know our current site is out dated and is very slow and appreciate everyone’s patience. The new site is looking awesome and I hope it serves our customers as well as our older site has for over ten years now.

Look for the 60cc Freestyle to be posted on the site early next week. The plane is in production and is expected to arrive mid May.

Thank you again for all the interest and I am looking forward to seeing the planes out at the flying fields this summer. I have been flying the 30cc Freestyle and love it and can’t wait to get one of the 60cc Freestyle’s as one of my personal planes to fly and enjoy.

Thanks Again!
Rocco
Aero-Works is offline Find More Posts by Aero-Works
Old 04-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,617 Posts
Whats the span on the 60cc version? 92?
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 04-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funboy View Post
Whats the span on the 60cc version? 92?

Could we get a better pic of the 60CC specs please? Hard to read in that pic.

Thanks
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 04-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Joined Dec 2009
391 Posts
WS 91”
WA 1592 sq. in.
RTF Weight 17.5 – 18.5 lbs.

We have flown it with the DLE55RA and the new DA70 twin. Performance is Awesome!

Thanks,
Rocco
Old 04-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Joined Dec 2009
391 Posts
Here are the specs and a few more pictures.

Thanks,
Rocco
Old 04-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Joined Dec 2009
391 Posts
Here are the specs for the 120cc with price to be announced (PTBA).

I am trying to set the price at $999.95 but until it goes to production I can’t guarantee that price…….Sorry!

Thanks,
Rocco

Quick Reply