logo
This thread is privately moderated by billyshaw, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by billyshaw
Old School
United States, OH, Berlin Center
Joined Jan 2009
49 Posts
Mini-Review
JOHN BOYKO CESSNA ARTICLE

I've been preparing to do a article on a project for a good while now, but i could not
decide what topic i should use. Well after being at the toledo show this year i ran into by
good buddy John Boyko and he always gets me thinking, so i decided i would choose his
plane for my topic. John, myself, along with Mike Barbee and many other accomplished
pilots have been attending a event every year in Louisville Kentucky for some time now,
this show is called the wings for kids. It is a great event that raises money for children in
need of medical benefits proceeds go to Kosair charities. Now if you know John, then
you probably already know that he has a disability, however it does not stop him from
living a normal life as a expert modeler and pilot of some of the best aircraft i personally
have ever seen. But back to my point here, John has been telling me all about this plane
that he has been building and working on for the past few years now. The plane is a
Cessna 337, 44lbs. and 120" wing span, it has two Moki 50vt four stroke engines. If you
know the plane, and know the engine, then you know this is a very cool sounding airplane.

The radio gear John is using is the Futaba 14MZ, along with 16 servos powered by A123
batteries. John has spent the course of six years working on the model, and let me tell you
it shows! One of the features that caught my eye as i looked over the plane was most
definitely the overall finish of the model. John used PPG base coat clear cote, and i would
say it came out flawless. Another thing that caught my attention is i notices the cut outs in
the bottom of the plane for the retracts. John also has true scale retracts that actually
"dangle back" like the full scale. The plane is also equipped with navigation lights and a
scale dash panel. The model is all wood construction and there are no shortcuts taking
when building this beautiful model. One of the quality products that John used to hold the
plane together with is, none other than ZAP Adhesives and epoxy resins. Overall i would
have to say that John has a beautiful airplane, and you need to check this plane out when
you get a chance. Thank you for reading and a special thanks to John Boyko for the time
and information! Happy flying to all!

-Billy Shaw-
4/7/2013
billyshaw is offline Find More Posts by billyshaw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by vmceachern
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
Very pretty Suck & Blow. Had an 80" version some years ago. Had a gas engine on the nose and an electric motor on the back, with seperate throttle control. Lots of fun to fly.
Just do not flat spin!
vmceachern is offline Find More Posts by vmceachern
Old 04-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Nice work, and that plane is amazing. Has to be seen in person!
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 04-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by rooman
They're get'n lower mate.....
United States, PA, Home
Joined Nov 2006
3,941 Posts
Westpac is an australian bank that formed back in the late 70's
It was a merger between two banks - the bank of new south wales & the rural bank
rooman is offline Find More Posts by rooman
Old 04-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
I love 337's! Thanks for the article, the only thing better would be some flying video!

I remember the movie Bat-21. I loved that movie when I was a kid! Danny Glover flying around clipping tree tops... Good stuff!
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 04-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by clpahodges
Retired and loving it
United States, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jul 2010
294 Posts
Beautiful airplane!!!!
clpahodges is offline Find More Posts by clpahodges
Old 04-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Find More Posts by N233W
I Feel the Light and the Heat
NorCal, East Bay
Joined Feb 2009
482 Posts
Amazing!

Would love to see a little video of the retracts working!
N233W is offline Find More Posts by N233W

Quick Reply