logo
Old 11-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts
Re: NE Region IMAC Area!!!

You usually dont see any pattern planes in basic... usually... I recommend printing out the basic and sportsman sequences. Start with Basic, and fly it until you feel comfortable with it. After flying it, if you think you need something a bit more challenging, fly the sportsman sequence and see how it goes. But I agree with Dave, try to start with Basic, its easy to learn the ins and outs when starting in that class.

Couple things to remember:

1: Dont rush, space out your manuevers, make good use of the box
2: Make sure you are centering your rolling elements where needed, ie, if you are doing a hammerhead with 1 roll on the way up, make sure there is an equi-distant line between the bottom of the hammer and the roll, and then from the roll to the top of the hammer.

I can remember my first IMAC flight... When I landed, a Judge asked, "Where's the fire???" I asked what do you mean... he said, "you ripped through that so damn fast I thought you had a fire to go to....!!!"
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Find More Posts by BDSBob
United States, NC, Kings Mountain
Joined Jan 2006
313 Posts

Basic it is then. Danny, you are going straight into Unlimited- RIGHT?

BDSBob is offline Find More Posts by BDSBob
Old 11-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by Pttrnflier
New York
Joined Feb 2006
194 Posts

Yup Bob, I have to, I have already done some IMAC, the year before last and flew Unlimited. I would be happy to give you guys some pointers.
Pttrnflier is offline Find More Posts by Pttrnflier
Old 11-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by JohnFH
Torrington, Ct
Joined Oct 2006
61 Posts

Looks like there is going to one more guy trying to get this IMAC thing figured out.
I am very interested and could use a bunch of general setup, start up with the formal flying stuff.
Is there any "formal/informal" get togethers/meetings I could attend to pick up info and get organized. The published information on this site is a great help, but I still have a few more basic things to learn before i even know the right questions to ask.
Thanks
JohnFH is offline Find More Posts by JohnFH
Old 11-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

We are in the process of putting togethor a bunch of stuff for new guys as we speak to help get those interested going. There is also talk of a NE region judging seminar, but no plans as of yet.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by Tonybons
Tony the Knife
United States, FL, Windermere
Joined Feb 2006
260 Posts

Hi guys. Interesting discussion. My modem was down yesterday and today until now. Danny it would be great to all do this IMAC stuff and look forward to talking to you about it. I started practicing it recently and I am finding it a bit addictive. Should be a lot of fun. Another facet of the hobby to get into.
Tony
Tonybons is offline Find More Posts by Tonybons
Old 11-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Torrington, Ct
Joined Oct 2006
61 Posts

Thanks for the tease John, I'm looking foward to the information. I was offered a 40cc motor last nite, and being a builder, any good kits available for IMAC entry that fit around that size motor, if I start now, I should be covering by Jan.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Find More Posts by FLYNYAK
Joined Jun 2006
177 Posts

Look at my Extra 260 kit on e-bay . It's the one by Eurokit. Nice fiberglas fuse and selling cheep ! a DA 50 will be good for 3D and a 40cc will be good for IMAC.
FLYNYAK is offline Find More Posts by FLYNYAK
Old 11-17-2006, 11:20 AM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFH View Post
Thanks for the tease John, I'm looking foward to the information. I was offered a 40cc motor last nite, and being a builder, any good kits available for IMAC entry that fit around that size motor, if I start now, I should be covering by Jan.

Which 40cc Motor were you offered? The are some kits out there that will fall into that category, but mostly ARFs like the H9 260, Cap, and others. Ill take a look around and see what is available.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Torrington, Ct
Joined Oct 2006
61 Posts

It's a First Place from Sig, I got a great deal on a Lanier 25% Extra 300s, I figure if I keep the weight to about 12lbs all up, it should work, the motor is 3lbs ready to fly and was thrust tested to 25lbs on the bench. NO ARF'S allowed, sorry, for fun only, for serious flying, I need to get my hands into everything, thats half the fun.

I'm going to take a look at the Yak on ebay because I have a Saito 180 I can use for the Lanier should I decide the 40cc would be better someplace else.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Find More Posts by BR289
Pro Pit Biotch
United States, PA, Whitehall
Joined Jan 2006
4,073 Posts

I had a Sig FPE 2.4 on my Hanger 9 Extra 260. Power was Ok, but not really enough. Pretty good for sport flying but lacked vertical. The 260 was a little more than 12lbs so it may work good on your project.........It is a good engine though.
Blair
BR289 is offline Find More Posts by BR289
Old 12-05-2006, 04:37 AM
Find More Posts by wowie
USA
Joined Mar 2006
39 Posts

How about Massachusetts? Are there any IMAC events held in the great state of MAssachusetts? Sure would be nice to see?
wowie is offline Find More Posts by wowie
Old 12-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Find More Posts by bleesweb
Flyin' Around
Newburgh,NY
Joined Sep 2006
4 Posts

Not sure if I missed it, but where exactly are the contest held (city/town). I would like to get into IMAC this year also. Is there a calendar up?
bleesweb is offline Find More Posts by bleesweb
Old 12-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by DpRocks
Newport,New Hapshire
Joined Nov 2006
44 Posts

Ya bless I was wondering the same thing. I fly on private land. As I havent found a club close enough to me. (Thats changing next spring) But I sure would love to go watch some of this.
DpRocks is offline Find More Posts by DpRocks
Old 12-12-2006, 11:51 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowie View Post
How about Massachusetts? Are there any IMAC events held in the great state of MAssachusetts? Sure would be nice to see?
There arent any events in Mass at this time, but we are always looking for new fields to host a contest. There are a couple that will be close to MA in CT this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleesweb View Post
Not sure if I missed it, but where exactly are the contest held (city/town). I would like to get into IMAC this year also. Is there a calendar up?
Check out www.mini-iac.com and go into regions-northeast-contest results. Those are last years events in the Northeast. More to come in 07, but the schedule hasnt been generated yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpRocks View Post
Ya bless I was wondering the same thing. I fly on private land. As I havent found a club close enough to me. (Thats changing next spring) But I sure would love to go watch some of this.
Its definetly worth the trip to come check it out, and hopefully give it a try.

Quick Reply