logo
Play   Pause

What Who/Where Thread/Post
New Post
New Post
Kam-Aero, new 43% Extra 300 kits
Today Ron and I started a new Kam Aero build, this one is for Gary Pugh out in Washington. We are doing a complete turn-key build using a DA 200L for power. Our first steps...
New Post
Perry Ga Swap Meet..Whos Going
Well Guys its that time of year again...thought id dust off this old thread. Since the pandemic has caused No Perry last year and a lower attendance the year before, i was...
New Post
What are you using to balance your big plane?
Any of the giant scale aerobatic stuff I just install the gear where reasonable, fly and adjust accordingly. I've never had an issue where an airframe was unmanageable due to CG....
New Post
50% Geebee
I just ordered a StinGR 170 for my 1/4 scale Spitfire. 112" span and 50-55 lbs. It spins a 30x12 prop at 6200 rpm on 12s, 9.5 kW, 72 lbs thrust and an estimate airspeed of 85...
New Post
New Post
Walbro carb fuel inlet position
While I've never broken a plastic fitting or had one leak, my preference is always the metal one. Good advice above from ck1.
New Post
Aviation Concepts 1/3 Scale Cessna 185 Build
Tail cone sanded and shaped,†instrument panel installed. https://i.imgur.com/1EC8hZZ.jpg https://i.imgur.com/DqT3Gzf.jpg ​​​​​​​https://i.imgur.com/NnG6piT.jpg
New Post
Legacy Aviation 140" Turbo Bushmaster
BTW - what I mean by "do the same work by increasing force and reducing distance" is all about what levers a pulley do. Work = Force x distance And in an angular...
New Post
Super Decathlon 100cc ARF by Hangar 9
Thank you very much, In my case 3 mm will make it fit .. in general is it ok to have few 1-3 mm’s play on each side? Or, it is a must that the tube fits tightly on both ends...
New Post
Full metal Beechcraft 18/D45 in 1/5 scale
Great work, can't wait to see more!
New Post
Its sad, really..
This is so very true, and echoes my sentiments exactly.
New Post
New Jumbo Extreme Flight Turbo Bushmaster (DA-120) class
Hi Guys, Iím getting ready to build one of the 140Ē ones for a customer. Originally selected the DA-120 for it but after reading post after post about the need for Pipes Iím...
New Post
The early releases which I had the wing tube was very snug in the sleeve and also slightly too long. I simply cut off 3/8" on my miter saw. I also had to sand the inside sleeve...
New Post
Motor Rewinds
Good morning, Grant I'd like to ask do you have any experience in the big machines with EL CID? I'd like to ask what exactly it entails. The equipment involved and the...
New Post
LiFe batteries
That's a classic scam, report it so the account gets shut down
New Post
High pitch props ?
Hi Airiley My sister and brother-in-law live there. FOG builders. Just for fun check out this link. One day you might want to go faster... ...
New Post
Hangar 9 3.1m Sukhoi SU-26MM
I've have and have had several 170's on RE3's. all seem to have that slight dead spot just off idle and I generally use a throttle curve to move through it quickly. I have run...
New Post
I read posts here about wing tube not fitting and got the impression that the tube diameter is little longer than the fuse tube. However, I noticed that after fitting the wing...
New Post
Phoenix Model Slick Aerobat EP/60cc ARF 86.5"
Ok guys, so 3 savox 1270 for the tail, went with 2 of the HD b2's for the ailerons EME 70AS w/velocity stack 24x10 props(mile high was out but HK had 2 kinds so will try...