logo
Play   Pause

What Who/Where Thread/Post
New Post
3w engine questions and help
rc extremepower or c&h can fix you up as failed 3w ignitions were common due to overheating. rc extremepower has brackets that will direct bolt up for either hub type to usee...
New Post
Imac plane size
It all depends on why you are competing. If it is to improve your own flying skills and have fun it should not matter at all if you keep flying a 35cc plane forever. All you are...
New Post
Assembly - AJ Aircraft 115"/123" Laser 230z Unlimited
Sorry to see that Tanner, but considering what you were doing when it happened, I'd call that a "save". If the engine didn't get a crankshaft problem and the fuselage where...
New Post
DA150 Engine- What is the affect of a prop strike on an engine
Both new rings and old measure the same, There is no wear on the cylinder at all. This engine does not even have one hour on it. Engine 1 Engine 2 Left Cylinder Head Bore (mm)...
New Thread
3w engine questions and help
Hi all. Picked up these two 3w twins for a great price. The 106 has never seen fuel and the 100 has hardly been run. Only got one ignition with these and Iím not sure if...
New Post
New rings from Bjorn Baal, depending on actual wear on the cylinders can measure as thin as .001". So, the tighter the ring gap, the better. As everything expands as it all gets...
New Post
Imac plane size
Thanks everyone for the advice, I cant wait to get started in the sport and maybe one day bring home the odd trophy or two :). I wish i could have started earlier than in my mid...
New Post
Engine 2 case assembly is complete, with the bearings oiled and pistons assembled. I measured the gap in between the old ring and it was .008 while inside the jug. Does...
New Post
Imac plane size
Get to the bottom of the gas can!
New Post
Futaba 14sg flap to elevator mix......can't delay elevator
Forgot to mention in the other threads to look at Malcolm's book. The camber menu works well too. Not sure what the issues were that are having with the mixing. Bill A.K.A...
New Post
Kam-Aero, new 43% Extra 300 kits
:Banane34: Looking forward to following along again. Dave
New Post
Kam-Aero, new 43% Extra 300 kits
Always fun to watch Tom! I’m in!
New Post
Imac plane size
Best advice so far right there!
New Post
CubCrafters XCub 60cc ARF (HAN5260)
I may have missed the pictures from FGNewbie of the cutting of the cowl to fit a DA 70 twin Saw the mounting of the 70 pictures Thanks
New Post
Powersafes, Backfed voltage spikes, P.A.D, Booma pour smooth
The spikes from a brushless motor stopping and reversing can be huge. The datalogger on my racing quad shows huge spikes- like 100v+ when you hammer the throttle closed quickly....
New Post
Full scale 3-D, Toucan turboprop
Purchased by Kenneth Kirk in Newton, Iowa and being put together as we speak. Search "Turbine Toucan" on FB and you'll find the page.
New Post
Charging your Lipo in plane???
Mitsu, Li-ion is a safer chemistry than li-po, same voltage. Typical packaging is metal cylinders, as opposed to plastic sandwiches, so they are physically more robust as well....
New Thread
Powersafes, Backfed voltage spikes, P.A.D, Booma pour smooth
I just read up on a number of threads regarding promodeller failures caused by the diodes in powersafe receivers with their brushless servos. Hitec includes a PAD device with...
New Post
Carden 124 Pro and 109 "Mini Pro" - Carbon Edition -
For glueing, here’s the technique I use: 1. Tape all the sheets together. Make seams tight!!! 2. Open up the seam and apply small bead of glue. 3. Slide sheet back to...
New Post
Imac plane size
go out and have fun first. there's a huge learning curve that applies to all airplanes regardless of size. yes, bigger airplanes do have an advantage but they are not a...